• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Well guys...I'm really sad that you guys can't make it this Saturday :/
On a side note, I'm Moving to Denton on Wednesday!
Also...on another side note, I play LoL

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well guys...I'm really sad that you guys can't make it this Saturday :/
On a side note, I'm Moving to Denton on Wednesday!
Also...on another side note, I play LoL
Hurray I play lol too! and magic
Hurray I play Denton!
and Lol!

But not Magic

Where in Denton will you be? I feel like I've asked this before, but I don't remember.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I feel like I'm not really improving in this game even though I put in the time for it, plus traveling all over (aka living in this state) isn't really helping either when you don't make top placings. I love smash in general, but F man.., this game fustriates the hell out of me

Dnyce

Smash Master
Smashfest, Tuesday @ my place
Anytime after 12
Text (913) 787-5282 for address (can only have a few peeps over <_<)
No smoking/drugs or any shiz like that

Dnyce

Smash Master
even though I put in the time for it
I used to have this problem awhile back. I realize now that the time I put in back then wasn't effective (at all) for improving... perhaps the same is true for you?

What are you doing for practice?

Roxas M

Smash Master
I actually feel the exact same way with Brawl. The problem is that every once in a while, I'll randomly place high at tournaments and make some money, but I don't know why/how I did it. So that pretty much keeps me coming back, in hopes that I'll one day place consistently.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
ALSM, you'd probably have to hit up Swaka about the replays from the tournament last week, since they were saved on his Wii.

Also, thanks for telling me about the alternate headphones, Disqo. I actually had someone recommend these headphones to me, but they're expensive as HELL. I'm sort of apprehensive about in-ear headphones because they tend to get drowned out by the background noise, so I can barely hear my music when I'm in a crowded area.
A-Tech headphones are great quality. I'd definitely recommend them if you wanna drop money on em. At least with a-techs you won't be paying more for the brand than for the production. But i get where you're coming from. In ears make the music more personal to you, easier to get lost in. Don't count out headphones though, nothing beats having huge drivers over your ears to give you an IMAX feeling.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I feel like I'm not really improving in this game even though I put in the time for it, plus traveling all over (aka living in this state) isn't really helping either when you don't make top placings. I love smash in general, but F man.., this game fustriates the hell out of me
Congratulations. You just joined the Brawl crew.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I actually feel the exact same way with Brawl. The problem is that every once in a while, I'll randomly place high at tournaments and make some money, but I don't know why/how I did it. So that pretty much keeps me coming back, in hopes that I'll one day place consistently.
depends on who shows up and who doesn't show up

You don't hope for it. You work for it.

BS, play in a different region, some people got it easy

:phone:
A-Tech headphones are great quality. I'd definitely recommend them if you wanna drop money on em. At least with a-techs you won't be paying more for the brand than for the production. But i get where you're coming from. In ears make the music more personal to you, easier to get lost in. Don't count out headphones though, nothing beats having huge drivers over your ears to give you an IMAX feeling.
Earbuds are ear killers man and they dont have that great of sound quality imo, I would only use them if I'm trying not to be noticeable listening to music while doing something or trying to pay attention to my surroundings while do a task. I prefer headphones when it comes to music and especially when you spend time in the music programs.

these are the headphones I'm trying to get
http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1063,pid,1063,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html

F the crappy $40 headphones I got, they're ok and they cancel noise if the music loud enough, but I want Studio quality headphones for GOOD SOUND that put the High in high quality.

for the most part if you want High quality earbuds or headphones, you have to shell out a bit of most for it or at least so they dont break within the next couple months

Congratulations. You just joined the Brawl crew.
efff that I wanna win

plus you guys should play the pokemon driniking game, its fun

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1191/gottachugemall.png

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Lol good quality earphones, headphones, ear buds, whatevers, don't need to cost a million dollars swaka. $40 can net you a good deal on something worth buying

knuckles213

Smash Ace
I tried to help you.

*shrug*

:shyguy:
well I Usually spend training mode or train in group mode with the CPUs since I dont have people to play on a regular basis, re-watch my matches to see what I did wrong, watch other players to see what they are doing right,

Lol good quality earphones, headphones, ear buds, whatevers, don't need to cost a million dollars swaka. $40 can net you a good deal on something worth buying
true dat, but its all about sound quality and life lasting headphones; some are just more expensive than others. I already have a pair if $40 headphones and their ok, just I wish they had the same or similar sound quality as car with pre-amps

Dnyce

Smash Master
well I Usually spend training mode or train in group mode with the CPUs since I dont have people to play on a regular basis, re-watch my matches to see what I did wrong, watch other players to see what they are doing right,
Watching other players is definitely a good idea if you need help, but if you're emulating someone you're already limiting yourself to being the second best (imo).

Also, just playing the game isn't going to do a whole lot. There has to be focus, intent, purpose to your practice... otherwise you're just re-enforcing/polishing your current ability. An example would be playing against a level 9 and only attack when they whiff a move or undergo some type of lag (probably my favorite way to practice) and keep shielding to a minimum - or never if possible. I use this to practice playing safe/evasive as well as test my reaction time and punishing ability. It also helps put me in a mindset to refrain from just throwing out moves for no reason - the idea is to avoid playing in a routine or pattern.

Tbh, I actually prefer to play CPUs for practice. The only time I practice with people is to make sure what I'm doing on my own is effective (though I'd rather just have fun when I play people :bee: ).

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny

true dat, but its all about sound quality and life lasting headphones; some are just more expensive than others. I already have a pair if $40 headphones and their ok, just I wish they had the same or similar sound quality as car with pre-amps
Okay first off, I'm talking about EARPHONES.
EARPHONES.
EARPHONES SWAKA

His first question was about earphones. Headphones just came next. Pay attention my niggy.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Watching other players is definitely a good idea if you need help, but if you're emulating someone you're already limiting yourself to being the second best (imo).

Also, just playing the game isn't going to do a whole lot. There has to be focus, intent, purpose to your practice... otherwise you're just re-enforcing/polishing your current ability. An example would be playing against a level 9 and only attack when they whiff a move or undergo some type of lag (probably my favorite way to practice) and keep shielding to a minimum - or never if possible. I use this to practice playing safe/evasive as well as test my reaction time and punishing ability. It also helps put me in a mindset to refrain from just throwing out moves for no reason - the idea is to avoid playing in a routine or pattern.

Tbh, I actually prefer to play CPUs for practice. The only time I practice with people is to make sure what I'm doing on my own is effective (though I'd rather just have fun when I play people :bee: ).
I do have problems when I play which are routine or a pattern play because I just auto polit (but not on purpose tho) or just being obvious for kills, execution problems, and not having a fast reaction time.

Okay first off, I'm talking about EARPHONES.
EARPHONES.
EARPHONES SWAKA

His first question was about earphones. Headphones just came next. Pay attention my niggy.
I know you guys were talking about earphones, but I just wanna to give my opinion

You wanna win? You gotta lose first!

:phone:
**** no !!!!! thats a losing attitude, thats the worst advice you could give to anyone

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I do have problems when I play which are routine or a pattern play because I just auto polit (but not on purpose tho) or just being obvious for kills, execution problems, and not having a fast reaction time.

I know you guys were talking about earphones, but I just wanna to give my opinion

**** no !!!!! thats a losing attitude, thats the worst advice you could give to anyone
Don't listen to Sergio.
He's autistic when it comes to brawl.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Try it out then. If your whole goal playing the CPU is to never attack first (and only punish their whiffs) it is impossible to fall into an auto-pilot mindset. You'll be conditioning yourself to be continuously aware of what your opponent is doing.

D

Deleted member

So my father has this new job somewhere in San Antonio and etc etc personal stuff personal stuff. I might be able to vacation there every once in a while, so... this wont be for a while but does anyone know of some close tournaments in San Antonio or a series of tournaments near by there?

Top Bottom