• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Labernash

Smash Lord
You're just jealous of my Flaco.
Salty fries MM pl0x. I'm going to Grab Release infinite you. And it's going to feel good.

Neon most top-tier characters will do that to a mid-tier though... 2 players of equal skill playing different tiered characters = likely chance of higher tiered character winning, no?
Depends on the character. Kirby, on one hand, ONLY stuggles with MK and Olimar, and some say IC's, but poop on dat. DK, on the other hand, gets shut down a lot more.

Kirby should atleast be in the "Bordeline" tier.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Neon most top-tier characters will do that to a mid-tier though... 2 players of equal skill playing different tiered characters = likely chance of higher tiered character winning, no?
I acknowledged that in my post, I was mostly debunking the myth that MK didn't rule the tournament this past weekend.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Salty fries MM pl0x. I'm going to Grab Release infinite you. And it's going to feel good.

Depends on the character. Kirby, on one hand, ONLY stuggles with MK and Olimar, and some say IC's, but poop on dat. DK, on the other hand, gets shut down a lot more.

Kirby should atleast be in the "Bordeline" tier.
Someone is still salty about losing that Salty Fries MM to me.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
There was an mk in every team in the top 7 in doubles, kilik and I placed the highest without mk. There were 4 mks in the top 9. Both me and Illmatic lost only to mk's and I'm sure if I could look at the bracket there were more that this happened to. Anyone who plays a mid tier or lower has almost no chance of beating an mk user of equal skill. I would consider myself equal or nearly equal in skill to ALSM yet I've lost 3 sets to his mk. Sam the Freshest beat me a few months ago after I almost 3 stocked him the first match, ive played the matchup dozens of times more than he has offline and still lost. I'm personally at the point where I'd rather play a DDD who knows the infinite than mk. I can at least space aerials against ddd and have a few safe options.

Edit: I'm not salty, I've accepted the fact that it takes tons more work to play a mid tier and have known that for 2 years.
hold on now, my character has no problem taking out mk, and don't say he's borderline cause thats bull**** that shouldn't even exist; he was mid-tier before that. DK is a big clunky character of course hes going to have problems against mk and I'm pretty there gotta be at least couple other character that can deal with mk with no problem

So Sync is going to ban MK at all of his tournaments from now on, even though only one MK was in the top 8. Infinity! What has beating Illmatic in one set done!?!?!
I love mk he so free, he keep all my annoying match-ups at bay, but I could see people that chose mid-tiers and below having problem with him

I want to MM a Falco with THE ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY!!!! I usually struggle with Falco, but the MU is starting to make sense and I want to test it on someone good.

Anybody play Falco that will be at the same tourney as me soon?

No Flaco's, though. Flaco is THE ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY's easiest MU.
you should be able to wreck falco, just gimp him theres nothing he can do (I'm not joking)

nothing really

kirby is pretty awful
you never played or seen falln's kirby (**** his kirby :mad:)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Someone is still salty about losing that Salty Fries MM to me.
I ain't even mad. But redemption shall be my name.

Lol Kirby has a lot of trouble with the top tiers save maybe Falco and even that's hard.
Kirby only gets hard countered by MK, Olimar, and IC's. Falco is in Kirby's favor. So is Diddy. Marth and Snake are, if not even, close to it; debatable to the point of an even MU. Kirby is good.

EDIT:
@Swaka Kirby has a chaingrab that takes him to 52%. Falco's chaingrab on Kirby stops before 30%.

@Zano Falln and Chu would place as high as Razer, Gnes, Trela if they lived in Texas. RRR, MikeKirby, and Y.b.M. Are better than most people in Texas. Y.b.M. Just needs to practice Kirby again. Also, THE ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY wrecks shop.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol they would place behind them just like everybody else. Chu is a freaking genius and arguably one of the best players in the world but it'll never be shown because his character isn't good enough.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Chu and Falln could very well beat Gnes. And Falln would for sure beat Trela. Don't know how they handle Snake/a really really good Snake.

Chu IS held back by his character, only because Kirby doesn't have good advantages against people.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Kirby is considered even with diddy.
But then...diddy like....camps and stuff. So enjoy approaching.
Kirby's favor. Naners, no problem. We can camp better. If you play fast with ya air game, it's actually harder for Kirby. Even MU at worst.

Exactly how I feel about mid and low tier when they try to be cute and argue they go even with a top character.
Olimar used to be mid tier. So.

Bro, I quit Brawl, otherwise I would lol. I just go to tournaments to hype stuff and hang out.
You didn't quit brawl. You're coming to Tyler's tourney.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yes, everyone should come to my tournament; it's gonna be mad hype! Xeven, I could put you for commentary if Swaka and I can make it happen.

:phone:
If you guys want it to happen, then sure I'll show up to do commentary.

You didn't quit brawl. You're coming to Tyler's tourney.
I did quit! I'll probably show up but I won't enter, lol. Unless you want that TMNT:TF match!

BlinkIV

Avenger
So, I'm kinda hyped for this Saturday, even though I won't be entering singles or doubles, I'll definitely be there to hype.

Denti

Smash Master
^^^^ You see that monkey on that surf board???? That's his way of saying, there is noe **** way that ***** *** kirby is on par with the bannanadd KING

:glasses:

Labernash

Smash Lord
Lmao. No...
Yup. Kirby Boards MU thread say +1, BBR says 0. Kirby is super under rated. One day, you shall all see.

^^^^ You see that monkey on that surf board???? That's his way of saying, there is noe **** way that ***** *** kirby is on par with the bannanadd KING

:glasses:
That's Funky Kong! That's ACTUALLYY his way of saying "Forget the world; I can just chill and eat banana's and bang Donkey Dudes lady friend!"

Funky is broken on Mario Kart Wii, and helpful for shooting you to previous levels out of a barrel. But other than that, I wouldn't listen to what he says too much. Kirby is da broke mane.

Also, he's an ape, not a monkey. Ya nasty.

Top Bottom