• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Also, I'd be down to coming to your smashfest this Saturday, Dark Falco. I'll try to get others to go.

:phone:
Depends on what time the smashfest is. I'll be in downtown Fort Worth for a yugioh regional so if you decide to get me aerolink it'll make your commute that much faster. Call me when your going to go down to Dark Falco's.

I haven't really been in the loop. Has Fort Worth been having any smashfests lately?
School usually halts most smash related things around this time. Everyone is just trying to concentrate.

When's the next local?

Edit - Batou's on the 19th right?
Correct sir. The side even WILL be Project M. :awesome:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Depends on what time the smashfest is. I'll be in downtown Fort Worth for a yugioh regional so if you decide to get me aerolink it'll make your commute that much faster. Call me when your going to go down to Dark Falco's.

School usually halts most smash related things around this time. Everyone is just trying to concentrate.

Correct sir. The side even WILL be Project M. :awesome:
Where's the tourney? I'll swing by since I'll be downtown also.

Plus, i are you sure there's gonna be a side event?
1: theres only gonna be like 1-2 PM setups MAYBE
2: we might run out of time and you won't get payed as much

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
The smashfest starts at 1pm tomorrow. Its probably gonna go to 9-9:30. I only have 2 TVs and one copy of brawl so any setups or game discs would be great.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Zac is sitting at 3-2 right now at the pro tour going in to round 6. The format is switching from constructed over to draft after round 6 (IIRC) so here's hoping he can keep it up and make it through to day 2. He's got the same record as some of the game's biggest players right now, so our home town hero is doing big things :p

Edit - Zac is now 4-2, round 6 was the first round of drafting so I was off a bit on that. Woops.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Where's the tourney? I'll swing by since I'll be downtown also.

Plus, i are you sure there's gonna be a side event?
1: theres only gonna be like 1-2 PM setups MAYBE
2: we might run out of time and you won't get payed as much

The yugioh regional is going to be at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
I'm gonna donate in the morning then go there later.
Since his smashfest starts at 1pm, I"ll be checking my phone around that time to ensure things go smoothly.
I"m not gonna enter, but my teammates are gonna be there in full effect.
The last Yugioh Championship Series tournament we had, my buddy Raul got 4th out of 1140 players, so he's looking to get top 10 again.

Zac is sitting at 3-2 right now at the pro tour going in to round 6. The format is switching from constructed over to draft after round 6 (IIRC) so here's hoping he can keep it up and make it through to day 2. He's got the same record as some of the game's biggest players right now, so our home town hero is doing big things :p

Edit - Zac is now 4-2, round 6 was the first round of drafting so I was off a bit on that. Woops.
Hmm 4-2....doing good so far :)

Project M is by all means not a brawl match anymore. There's no real hard camping you could do anymore, unless you count Sonic running away like a little B**** lol

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'd love to go to your smashfest tomorrow, Dark Falco. But I've got a Marvel tournament I've gotta attend at Evo, even if I wanted to drop by after the tournament, it would only be like 2-3 hours and I wouldn't have a lift either. For this Marvel tournament, a certain SOMEONE should be showing up eh?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Zac ended the day on 5-3, losing the last round to a player in the Hall of Fame. I think this means he missed out on day 2 by one round :(

but I'm not 100% sure about that

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Go Zac go! *waves Dallas flag*

Ike Project: M Overview;

- Momentum jumps + Lcancelling = fair sex

- Tilts are actually tilt speed, wtf

- Quick draw > wavedashing

- Dthrow/upthrow combosss

- Less armor on upB, but overB can go through people and you can wall jump out of it, making recovery strangely better

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Tilt speed is fast as hell with Ike, and you know he hits like a damn train anyways.
Noon it is alsm....so this means your getting disqo bunny too?

And no, I'm not going to the marvel tournament, I have too much stuff to do.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Me <3's Olimar. I'm doing really well with him. I do better with him than I do Wario sometimes, but I get greedy and try for a Dair Spike then die. Once I figure out to stay onstage, man oh man.

Also, Zac is awesome. He is also handsome. WRECK EM BIG DADDY!!!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Zac ended the day on 5-3, losing the last round to a player in the Hall of Fame. I think this means he missed out on day 2 by one round :(

but I'm not 100% sure about that
Nope, looks like Zac made it to day 2.

If indeed he has a 5/3 record, that is. Because apparently 4/4 records got to day 2.
He did make it - I just checked the round 9 pairings and he's playing some Austrailan dude.

I wish I could attend all of this, but I have to work all this summer :urg:

@disqo anytime your free, plus I dont play fox on wifi; I main olimar on wifi
Disqo is always free :awesome:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Zac won in round 9 over Australian Nick Carter (2-1)

Zac won in round 10 over Italian Daniel Mulato (2-1)

Zac won in round 11 over Singaporean Ruizi Lin (2-0)

--Zac lost in round 12 to Japanese Ken Yukuhiro (0-2)

Zac won in round 13 over American Colin Chilbert (2-0)

Zac won in round 14 over Dutch Steffen van de Veen (2-1)

Zac won in round 15 over Italian Antionio de Rosa (2-0).

After round 15 he's in 16th place.

FINAL ROUND (16)-- He'll play vs German Phillip Jell.

Zac has been killing it today, and with one round left, there's not much room for movement. I think the worst he can possibly place is like... 30th. He WILL win at least $1.5k, he's likely to win $2k, and it's also likely he can win $3.5k. Next prize up would be 10k, but I think it's mathematically impossible (barely) for him to get there. (Though I could be wrong-- I don't know exactly how the scoring is done.)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Zac had an intentional draw in round 16... his opponent ended at 16th place with $3.5k and Zac ended at 17th... the first person to get paid only $2k.

=[

BUT that's still AMAZINGLY good.

Top Bottom