• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Labernash

Smash Lord
Guys, guys! Hey guys!

Me thinks I've hit a wall. I'm not progressing and understanding how to handle situations correctly. I've got some mad habits going on, and it's not helping me in anyway.

How do I get better?

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Guys, guys! Hey guys!

Me thinks I've hit a wall. I'm not progressing and understanding how to handle situations correctly. I've got some mad habits going on, and it's not helping me in anyway.

How do I get better?
Recognize your habits. Then, start one at a time. Your friendlies will now be testing for you. You will work on not doing or applying what you need, one at a time. Doing multiple things at a time, for example not rolling and a certain AT, will frustrate you and you will not see progress as you want, and not as fast. Next becomes the most important thing. You now observe the whole match. What happens, what is bait, what are the feint attacks, what are the baits, when to go in and when to run away, offense, defense, defense used as an offense and offense used as defense, how matches progress, momentum gained, and more importantly, keeping a cool, mental, always adapting mindset as much as possible.
All this is the beginning to improvement. One at a time, you recognize, you apply, you improve, and you repeat. All of this will eventually fall into categories known as reactive and proactive. Reactive play is the defense and the defensive play used as offense. Good power shielding, shielding, dodges, and spacing will score you damage. Proactive is the offense and the offense used as defense. Baiting, reads, mix ups fall into this side. In the example of diddy, this is when you work for the trips, as opposed to using punishing trips for damage.
There is no one way to improve. Multiple things work for different people, as does the vice versa. But it's good that you recognize what you have, and in that, you've already progressed mentally as a player who knows his weakness.

A warrior who knows his faults knows no weakness.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Accept his faults.
Thank you for being that one specific person, that one guy, who ****ed up me trying to help someone else. Seriously. **** you.
I'm INCREDIBLY confused right now, so I'll just leave it alone.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
anyone down for a smashfest soon? Im gonna have both brawl and project M up.
Been working on my Wario/Charizard :)

Two Charizards have a chain grab between them in teams, this we've already discovered.....

No show likes to call it the "charcoal" combo, did it on Halberd.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Thanks Disqo! That helped. Except my controller broke. Again. 5th one this year! I have the WORST luck with controllers. They never do everything and eventually just stop working all together.

One day..... I WILL GET A GOOD ONE!!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Get girl's number
Finally a girl who makes an effort to see me
She enjoys my company

But she realizes she actually doesn't want a relationship because of an apparently rough recent breakup.

Someone teach me to be gay, please. History shows I'd have more luck that way.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Get girl's number
She enjoys my company

But she realizes she actually doesn't want a relationship because of an apparently rough recent breakup.

Hmm... You can still get her, if you still want her that is...

:phone:

Labernash

Smash Lord
ewwwww......
I know. It's weird. It feels like the sticks have to travel much farther to hit the edge. Maybe they're longer, I don't know. And the shield buttons are ontop. So I switched them! :D

I think it may help me though. I think more about my inputs more now so I'm not just aimlessly mashing buttons. Still gotta get used to it though. :/

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Get girl's number
She enjoys my company

Ah brett i feel ya that stuff happens to me alot it sux. I always be myself and i happen 2 be pretty sensitive and compassionate but at this age its true chicks love ***holes

Neon!

Smash Lord

Also, on one of my exams today the teacher made 4 different sets of exams to discourage cheating. Instead of calling them just Test A, B, C... she gave them a letter and a number. My exam just happened to be called Test D3 and it absolutely destroyed me, no joke.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I love you guys.

I basically put it bluntly for her-- friendship was just a part of what I had in mind, and even hanging out with her as friends, I'd be hoping something would change, because that mindset is hard for a guy to lose.
She appreciates my honesty, and we're going to keep hanging out.

I wonder how long it will take....

LOL NEON I'm so sorry, bro. =\

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
LOL Neon vs D3 is a 70-30 matchup in the game and irl.
btw Im gonna host the smashfest this Saturday. I havent decided on a time, but it will probably start sooner and end earlier than my previous fests.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
LOL Neon vs D3 is a 70-30 matchup in the game and irl.
btw Im gonna host the smashfest this Saturday. I havent decided on a time, but it will probably start sooner and end earlier than my previous fests.
I'm donating blood (possibly with special guest Disqo?) early afternoonish in Denton. When will your fest be?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Brett, if you know the answers to these questions about her, you can know what type of girl she is and how to woo her. Yeah, I said it; wooooooooooo!

Anyway, here are the questions:

1. What makes her happy in life and make her feel fulfilled?

2. What is the one thing she would need if trapped on a deserted island?

3. How will she feel when she achieves her greatest goal?

If you know the answers, spill it, and I'll tell you what type of girl she is, and what is the best way to approach her.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Other questions to consider:

1. What gender are most of her friends? Male? Female?

2. How does she feel about sex in general? Is she open to it? Or reserved about it?

3. How does she feel about relationships in general? Does she need to be taken care of? Or can she handle herself and be more independent?

Top Bottom