• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I just started playing Wifi... and I hate it. Feels like I'm in a Hyperbolic time chamber that's only hurting me...
These are the pros and cons of wifi:

Pros:
Real human reaction at your disposal.
Player interaction and and multiple ways to practice new things with different people.
Exposure to not only different play styles, but different play styles for the same character.

Cons:
Reaction times are lenient, so not enough practice offline will hamper you from playing so much offline.
Lag is inconsistent. It can be bad, to the point where even the slightest delay will destroy your own options.
Frustration due to the lag mentioned above will beat down on your mental game, making you play worse.
Salt is times 20 on wifi, and people are not always the best of sport, making it EVEN WORSE for your mental game.
Lag.
Lag.
Lag.
And lag.

So in short, wifi is THE BEST form of practice and trying new things due to it's sheer exposure, but not being able to handle the things wifi does will definitely distract from it. As long as you can swallow pride and try to continue on, understanding that wifi is utter stupidness sometimes, you'll be fine.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I used to play Wifi for up to 17 hours a day. Resolved to never go back after my first smashfest.
I don't see HOW you guys can put up with the things Disqo listed, especially the salty people. ^^;

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Honestly, if I had the resources available to me, I'd rather travel out to every region and play everyone irl.

:phone:
Well duh. That's why people go to tournaments.
Wifi is just that, a resource. You'll improve either way.
I'd rather use the resources available. It's all your preference people.
But if you could stand wifi, then why wouldn't you use it?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I used to play Wifi for up to 17 hours a day. Resolved to never go back after my first smashfest.
I don't see HOW you guys can put up with the things Disqo listed, especially the salty people. ^^;
How you could do ANYTHING for 17 hours in a day baffles me.

How you could do WiFi for an hour a day baffles me.

WiFi for 17 hours in a day?

words...
WHERE ARE WORDS SUFFICIENT FOR THAT?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
If you think about it, most of our top players in our state don't even do wifi. Yes, wifi is a resource, but it's not necessarily a must for improvement. It does help for sure, I will say that much. Lag hurts. xD

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
If you think about it, most of our top players in our state don't even do wifi. Yes, wifi is a resource, but it's not necessarily a must for improvement. It does help for sure, I will say that much. Lag hurts. xD

Top players in our state? Really? Please attain the bigger picture Sergio. A resource is a resource, whether you use it or not is up to you. What somebody else does may not be what you require. I hope you can learn that.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
......... yes, really....

No disagreement, really. You make it seem like I'm disagreeing with you...

Not what I meant by the "really" comment. That was a ***** plz moment.
And no, that's not what I'm trying to get across. But nvm me. If I was saying something important to you, you wouldn't think twice about it.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Some of the best players from around North America started on wifi and use it for practice, but then there are some who don't use it and do just as well, so, it's basically preference, or w/e you have at your disposal. I wouldn't think you guys need wifi since you're all so close

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

words...
Haha... I REALLY like playing this game.
Also, time really kind of flies when you get good groups. You get good connections and you won't want to let go.

Denti

Smash Master
I'm so far gone man. I don't even notice the wifi lag anymore, I barley notice the vVv zero lag anymore.

I literally don't know if TVs lag anymore, I have to ask people.

*is one with the lag*

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

words...
I've spent more than one time in my life over 20 hours grinding in one spot on an MMORPG. It's a matter of patience and willpower. I couldn't do this any more at this point in my life, but that's why 8 minutes in a game of Brawl wasn't anything to me at all when I first started playing.

I can't stand it, yet I still stand it. lol

I fixed Sergio again.

I'm so far gone man. I don't even notice the wifi gay anymore, I barley notice the vVv zero gay anymore.

I literally don't know if TVs are gay anymore, I have to ask people.

*is one with the gay*
Someone get me a wrench - I keep fixing things.

***crickets***

What? I knew the joke was bad when I made it. Deal with it.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
I think ive played 8-10 hours in a day
Though not in one sitting (breaks and stuff) im sure if i was a kid again with my snes i would go 4ever...

Neon!

Smash Lord
I've had connections before with Illmatic that were absolutely perfect, couldnt even tell we were on wifi. In those situations you will truly appreciate how great wifi can be. On the other hand, playing people like vVv zero or rayquaza or anyone who has a terrible connection and takes advantage of it will make you hate wifi.

D

Deleted member

I beleive its 2 name changes, and unlimited pranks. From what i saw, there was no number limit on the pranks o.o

Top Bottom