• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Their favorite stripper is named Candy and they are so obsessed with her that they forget the name of the gentlemen's club that employs her. So they just call it "Candy Bar."
A Candy Bar match is where they play to pay for a lap dance.

Neon!

Smash Lord
thread title needs to be changed to "No really, Infinity lost 3 MM's to DK at Revo" :)

I'd like to update the DFW power rankings, thoughts on who should move up and down?

Labernash

Smash Lord
thread title needs to be changed to "No really, Infinity lost 3 MM's to DK at Revo" :)

I'd like to update the DFW power rankings, thoughts on who should move up and down?
Take off Dark Falco and move you up and add Disqo. Then, switch The Almighty Y.b.M. And Infinity.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Harold has one planned in a month ish. Maybe I'll have another Revolution before then.

Batou's Monthly 8 (BM8)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320325
May 19th, mark it on your calendar.

Trying to decide if I want it MK legal or not in a future tournament.
Is it possible to have your tournaments for both?
Like have it MK legal one tournament and then MK banned the next?

Denti

Smash Master
We posted in the thread everyday for a week before the tournament, we also posted in socials and I think we sent PMs. All asked for housing, no one could provide and so nobody said anything. It is kinda funny to look back at.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Ahh ok I see.
Well I'm sure you'll get housing this time around.
I can't make Battle Network 8 this time around either.
Got to save up for Akon/WHOBO.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Haha, just trolling you! I lerbz ya dad!

The Almighty Y.b.M. Should be higher though. Like, higher than Dphat or something.

Justin Timberlake is freaking sexy.

u mad cuz u cant dance

Batou plz
lol well Timberlake vs Motley Crue is not a great face off.
Two different styles of music and attitude.
But the reason why in general Motley Crue might win is due to them defining an ERA.
Now if you had said Michael Jackson, sure I would give that to MJ, but Timberlake? Eh.

Labernash

Smash Lord
lol well Timberlake vs Motley Crue is not a great face off.
Two different styles of music and attitude.
But the reason why in general Motley Crue might win is due to them defining an ERA.
Now if you had said Michael Jackson, sure I would give that to MJ, but Timberlake? Eh.
Yeah, I see you. Timberlake takes a bunch of stuff from Michael Jackson too, haha! He's not really a definer, but more of a landmark. *Nsync was really a great transition from Backstreet Boys style 90's pop into the more modern "I'ma dance, then hump you" style. Then, Timberlake goes solo, and his Justified album was great footing for himself personally, also a transition from older to newer.

Then comes FutureSex/LoveSounds. Oh my gawsh. He didn't define the era of modern pop, but pretty much set himself as one of the leaders, along with Usher, Chris Brown, etc. Usher couldn't dance without MJ, and Chris Brown couldn't sing without MJ. Timberlake kinda set his own style, in which some newer faces took after, like Jesse McCartney (looooveee him) and Justin Bieber. But he left his mark, and moved on to acting. Wish he'd make more music. :(

Motley Crue had one of the earliest sexy music videos (Girls Girls Girls) and when someone says 80's rock, they're one of those first names to come up. They are awesome.

Tl:dr It was a weird comparison, but I'm a Timberlake fanboy. He had a hefty impact, but not really to the likes of Motley Crue's impact.

Top Bottom