• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Denti

Smash Master
Sorry lol

My answer is I don't know for sure. If we can take my dad's truck we can fit 6 people. But if not we already have a full carpool of 5. I'll get back to you later about it. If you go gas would be 25$ probably.

IN OTHER NEWS! The things that happened in this video... omfg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-lA_vcbP8

If you want to see Game and Watches Homerun contest go to 2:10. It made me jump!!

EDIT:
**** THE VIDEO ABOVE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbkMXQN_Sus&feature=related This made me cream my pants...

This is just one try using peach, went to 32,059...

Oh wait, nvm it was a TAS. Still was epic tho

I didn't know Brawl had a black hole like Melee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgkBbMoYVMs&feature=related

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You're avatar made me chuckle Infinity XD
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13954575&postcount=4143

I laughed at infinity's avi more than I should have.
No, you laughed just enough. Trust me, I laughed like that too :p

That's EXACTLY the answer I was looking for.

btw if you end up coming with us we need to try and drink at least once while we're out there. Dustin's old enough now and he can drink with us :p

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I"m going.
I'll even drive if you want me to...if it's necessary.
I'll need the front seat though...the entire trip.

I don't care which vehicle you take, whatever is most comfortable for everyone.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Aw fudge

I know I was not confirmed, but I may have to take back what I said about being able to go.

Reunion with friends who I haven't seen together for nearly 2 years could be happening on Saturday.

Denti

Smash Master
So Will has been texting ALSM with my phone and he doesn't know it's Will. This is the conversation LOL

ALSM - Ok. BTW, what is our team?

Will (Posing as me using my phone) - link and mario

ALSM - ... GET OUT

ALSM - Lol, if you really want to do this, sure.

Will (using my phone) - Well I'm not going Oli and I want to explore my low tier options, I'm pretty good with Mario

ALSM - Oh, k so you ARE serious. Alright, let's do it.

Will (using my phone) - And Will is teaming with Dakpo, so we gotta watch out for that Lucas ZSS teams.

ALSM - Oh, okay. Wait. What?! So who is Infinity teaming with?

LMAOOOOO!!!!!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm trying to think of fun new games to play with Smash while we're on the trip. Hopefully I'll have something Highlanderish for us to do.

Though to be honest Highlander sounds pretty badass anyway

Edit - That's not a purposeful censor dodge or anything, but I'm leaving it there so the mods will know that the forums allow the word badass.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Edit - That's not a purposeful censor dodge or anything, but I'm leaving it there so the mods will know that the forums allow the word badass.
Thanks for pointing that out, but I would have checked even if you hadn't. ^_^
It's always important to see HOW someone formatted it before you infract, y'know? That way you understand whether said censor dodge was intentional or accidental (or in this case, whether or not it was actually infractable).

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Thanks for pointing that out, but I would have checked even if you hadn't. ^_^
It's always important to see HOW someone formatted it before you infract, y'know? That way you understand whether said censor dodge was intentional or accidental (or in this case, whether or not it was actually infractable).
I miss zigsta.....

:phone:

knuckles213

Smash Ace

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Diddys metagame revolves around bananas. Not Gnes and the Japanese. Shut up swaka xD

Anyway, ALSM. I want you to improve if it's what you want, really I do. But I'll tell you right now that just playing the little monkey WILL NOT GET YOU THE IMPROVEMENT YOU'RE ARE LOOKING FOR AS QUICK AS YOU WANT IT. Practice makes perfect sure, but just picking diddy and playing the match isn't going to get you anywhere that you haven't already gotten.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Diddys metagame revolves around bananas. Not Gnes and the Japanese. Shut up swaka xD

Anyway, ALSM. I want you to improve if it's what you want, really I do. But I'll tell you right now that just playing the little monkey WILL NOT GET YOU THE IMPROVEMENT YOU'RE ARE LOOKING FOR AS QUICK AS YOU WANT IT. Practice makes perfect sure, but just picking diddy and playing the match isn't going to get you anywhere that you haven't already gotten.

Ok, so you told me what's not going to be as effective. Now tell me what will be as effective.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Ok, so you told me what's not going to be as effective. Now tell me what will be as effective.

I wish it was as simple as this. But due to your play style, idk what I could possibly tell you that'd fit in to your game. It's so very complicated.

Maybe if you post vids for critique on the boards, somebody might be able to get to you

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Diddy cant get any better than Gnes unless the Japanese evolve his metagame
This is one dumb statement.
So they seem have a slightly higher skill level on two of the characters in this game, MK and Olimar.
Seen any Japanese Snakes? Diddy? Ike? Sorry man. They come over and win one tournament and suddenly it's like the whole country of Japan is a completely different level.
Just like us, they have their top few players and they just happen to have a better grasp on gameplay with a couple of characters. DO NOT assume that they are going to better than the USA with every other character.

So why can't someone else from the USA surpass Gnes on Diddy? Or from anywhere else?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
So they seem have a slightly higher skill level on two of the characters in this game, MK and Olimar.
Seen any Japanese Snakes? Diddy? Ike? Sorry man. They come over and win one tournament and suddenly it's like the whole country of Japan is a completely different level.
Just like us, they have their top few players and they just happen to have a better grasp on gameplay with a couple of characters. DO NOT assume that they are going to better than the USA with every other character.

So why can't someone else from the USA surpass Gnes on Diddy? Or from anywhere else?
I'm so glad someone else agrees with me that one tournament where a few Japanese players came and did well DOESN'T mean that they are completely dominant. We've had Japan come over to previous events. We've had Brood win at our tournament before too, but we've also had Rain and several other Japanese players come over and not place that high. Why is it assumed that Japan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA? It's like some people here just decided to accept Japan as their superior overlords instead of being inspired to ever get better again.

They are good, but let's not assume that they're collectively better or worse than us.

EDIT: Ok, maybe that was a little much. I'm not trying to sound like I'm ganging up on Swaka, I just don't understand all these players that are saying that Japan is so god like now at Smash Bros after one tournament, when these same players never thought highly of Japan's skills before.

@ALSM: Who did you lose to in tournament?

knuckles213

Smash Ace

heh, listen to disqo he knows what hes talking about, I think it will be good for you to get critique; you'll find out you bad habits/find out what you doing wrong. after playing you/watching you play I think you just play to play, but your good cause of your skill level right is whats left over from working hard with :link2:/:metaknight:, I think you should change you play style a little bit cause I notice you play the same in every match, so your fairly readable. (i think thats why denti wins when you meet him in bracket)

you should watch more of your matches

here your match with infinity (the dittos).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xFxmd0giQ

I have seen Japanese Snakes, Diddys, Ikes actually even :peach:, :pit:, :dedede:, :sonic:, :gw:, etc ssbbmania check out that channel I've been watching it before I met any of you.

As far as the diddy comment I'm not assuming that they are better, all I'm just saying is that they will probably notice some thing different about the character quicker than us cause were to busy focused on winning/money and not really focusing on skill development. I can see why they download us and have a comeback factor, they play differently.

Top Bottom