• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy Idea

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Okay. You may not know this, but my favourite character is Daisy (from Mario anyway).

So I thought, why isn't Daisy in SSB? "Coz she'd be the same as Peach" I hear many cry. Well you're probably right. She maybe doesn't deserve her own character, but if she was to be clone of Peach, they should make a few changes.

If she IS made a clone, these are the changes:

1. Her looks - This is obvious to include (her hair should be changed to the classic brown "Daisy cut" - with the bottom upturned, her dress - obviously orange, like Peach's Daisy outfit, maybe with a different bottom, the gloves should be changed to the small ones she usually has, etc)

2. Her voice - okay another obvious one, but Peach's voice is too girly. Although Daisy's voice can grate on your ear (I know it does to me), it needs to be her own.

3. Heart moves - I gave this a bit of thought. It was easy in SSBM, where Peach's heart moves (side+b, utilt) didn't send pink hearts everywhere. Now, I suggest they could change this to flowers, but they could just remove it altogether.

There could be more, but what do you think?

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Even thou I prefer Peach over Daisy I do like Daisy and to see her get her own unique character in a SSB would be pretty cool

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think it's harsh to put Daisy in the clone bin. I mean, look at Luigi, he's very very very similar to Mario indeed and his some of his moves are very similar to Mario but he's still got enough unique moves to be his own character.

As for what moves she'd have...hmm well can Daisy float? Does she have a projectile, like Turnips? (I suppose she could pick up flowers and chuck them...or even randomly pick up a bo-omb or Mr Saturn...or even a Lip Stick if we're talking flowers :chuckle:)

Obviously some of her moves would be the same but it'd be nice to try out a different style of Peach

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If you want a clone, just take Peach's Melee attacks and make them Daisy's.

If not, I wouldn't put "flowers" to her attacks (you don't see peaches in Peach's attacks right? Except for FS). I see more like blue explosions (don't ask me why, lol), punches, less kicks, and PMS.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
lol @ PMS

I would like a Daisy character (like Rickerdy-doo-da-day pointed out so rightly with the whole Luigi & Mario analogy) who has her own moveset, but can be like Peach's. There would be a lot more to change than I first suspected.

I wish Peach had sparkles beneath her when she floated. Idk why. Didn't they have it in melee? Off topic, but just thought I'd add it in, since it doesn't deserve a post of its own

It is said that if you choose random for Classic mode, etc. it can come up with Daisy's name instead of Peach's (if it is the Daisy costume, obv). Just thought it should be added

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't put "flowers" to her attacks (you don't see peaches in Peach's attacks right?

Well, it is said that Daisy has some control over plants, although this has never been looked at in depth. But the flower idea was kinda stolen from Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (or Mario Basketball in the UK, I think). Peach used hearts in her special shot, and Daisy had flowers. Now you know

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
and on tennis she has flowers, daisy that is. Things like jump height and weight. maybe diasy could float up and her upB would be horizontal like she holds a daisy or something.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Daisy CAN'T float. It's not like they invented Peach's floating ability out of nowhere for Melee.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I know, but for her to be a luigi to peach what else could they do but let her float? She would have to be completly a seperate character.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
King Boo would be cool, but Burton, now you want a clone? Luigi is completely different from Mario, so... Daisy can be different from Peach.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Choosing her on the roster would make the Wiimote say "Hi! I'm Daisy!". I would play her if only for that.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
King Boo would be cool, but Burton, now you want a clone? Luigi is completely different from Mario, so... Daisy can be different from Peach.
Luigi IS a clone character. They are similar in alot of moves. I meant clone in that respect, but for her to be just like Peach... no. I think my idea of a clone character is different from everyone elses.(me being wrong and sorry, "branch off" character might have been better.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind a clone of Peach though I would probably prefer a Peach buff(like her second jump being buffed).

Though, the clone that I want the most is probably a Marth clone(Why'd they remove Roy :().

Fox has 2 clones, they should at least keep Roy and Mewtwo. How about they spend less time making trophies and stickers and more time working on the actual game instead of trophies(I like trophies, but they obviously spent A LOT of time they could of spent on making characters than trophies).

Since Daisy is more of a tomboy(right?) than Peach, I guess her moves could show that somehow maybe.

I really can't think of a good idea for Daisy, though I thought of one for Marth. I have 2 other clone ideas for Marth because I really like using Marth, he's actually the most fun character(after playing all the characters). Other clone ideas: Alicia(From VP2), she could totally be a Marth clone, and Agrias(FFT) if anyone is interested.

In case anyone wants to think of ideas, difference between Fox and Wolf are good examples of "clones" that aren't too much the same.

I have a quick idea for Daisy(B moves only) (Feel free to make improvements on my idea, this is just a quick idea so it's not really good):

1. Up B Daisy Bomber - Actually this move is more like Wolf's Wolf Fire than Peach Bomber. It works and looks exactly like that. She does a kick which can be directed any direction(same as Wolf Fire). When she attacks anyone with this move, small explosions occur(which is why it's called Daisy Bomber).

Due to her background in Mario Strikers, I am guessing she can kick.

OTHER IDEA for "Up B" Soccer Ball Kick -

Daisy jumps up a bit and kicks a Soccer Ball at any direction(You can aim it). You can also charge the kick to increase the power of the soccer ball. This will be her recovery move.

She'll automatically grab the ledge if she's near it(and she'll ditch the soccer ball).

NOTE - When you use it on the ground, she does not jump. You have to jump first for her to be boosted in the air.

The Soccerball itself is a very powerful projectile. Fully charged(takes 3 seconds to charge).

2. Side B Sports Equipment Fury - It works like Dancing Blade except she uses Tennis Racket, Golf Club, and a Bat for the moves. Here's Dancing Blade if you don't know. The attacks are different from Dancing Blade, so it's not just a clone of Dancing Blade(but I'm too lazy to list how the attacks work compared to Dancing Blade).

3. Neutral B Soccer ball - Chargeable projectile. She'll kick a soccerball at any direction, can be charged. Soccerballs can bounce. Can be fully charged for 3 seconds.

4. Down B - I can't think of any.

Not a great idea for Daisy but one I thought of real quick.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Luigi IS a clone character. They are similar in alot of moves. I meant clone in that respect, but for her to be just like Peach... no. I think my idea of a clone character is different from everyone elses.(me being wrong and sorry, "branch off" character might have been better.
Luigi is not a clone. They look similar, but no two moves function the same in Brawl.

The up-B does damage differently, the forward-B is a different move, the neutral B moves differently, the down-B is a different move, and all of the aerials and smashes and tilts are totally different.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
So basically what you want is Daisy to be a Semi-Clone (like Falcon and Ganon)

I think she can have her own moveset, I'll have a go and make one.

Neutral B- Flower Bomb- Daisy charges for a while then sends out an explosion of flowers, can be used when not charged, deals about 20% fully charged(and can cause sleep sometimes)

Side B- Soccer Kick- A projectile, can be aimed and charged, charging takes about 5 seconds but when fully charged can reach up to 30%, if you use it a too much she might miss the kick.

Up B- Flower Spin- Daisy Spins with Flowers covering her in a tornado like style, can change direction, can cause dizziness sometimes, it hits in the begining and end only, with decent knockback, but lacks range.

Down B- Sleeping Flower- Daisy uses a flower that can make oppenents sleep for a while, good for finishing.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I'm still unsure of what Daisy should be like. I went Peach for 2 reasons:

1. She's 3rd on my list of fav Mario characters
2. Her moves are amazing

Idk if I have adapted to Peach's moveset simply because she's my favourite character in Brawl, but I'll never know. I just thought that she should be a clone, coz when ever I say the idea, usually people are like "CLONE!!! CLONE!!!!!", so I just got used to the idea.

I'm still unsure of what her moveset should be. Do we all want a Peach semi-clone? Daisy would probably be stronger (as Newuser12345215 pointed out, she is a tomboy), so her attacks would do more damage, but if it were to be a true Daisy, the attacks just COULDN'T be the same a Peach's. Peach's moveset, imo, is very...girly, I would say...and that just isn't Daisy. Even F-tilt would have to change, but maybe it's just me.

So, clone, semi-clone, or new character? I say semi-clone: some moves change, others stay the same. What about the rest of you?

Edit: In terms of dress colours, she'd prob just have the same as Peach:
1. Classic Daisy
2. Peach - blonde hair (style unchanged), pink dress (still Daisy version)
3. Red dress
4. Blue dress
5. Green dress
6. White dress

If you have other suggestions for colours/outfits, just say!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Semi clone sounds fine to me. Of course she's going to be a part clone - she's looks too similar to Peach not be. As for her moves, more punches and kicks since she's more of a tomboy than Peach. I'd say she's stronger but maybe slower (or longer start up times)

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Nope, silly!

Just go to Peach, pick the color 'yellow' and there you are

Daisy :p
I'm afraid that just ISN'T Daisy. That's Peach there. Her voice and everything is definitely Peach. Not Daisy. Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. Well, I'm not sorry, but you are wrong.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

I'm afraid that just ISN'T Daisy. That's Peach there. Her voice and everything is definitely Peach. Not Daisy. Sorry, but you are just plain wrong. Well, I'm not sorry, but you are wrong.
lol yep thats peach in Daisy's colors. i'd like to see Daisy in, but would it be better keep the floating for her or remove it?

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
would it be better keep the floating for her or remove it?
I'll be honest and say I don't know. If the floating were to be removed, she would have to have a superb jump & Up+B (ie other light characters - Kirby; several good jumps, good Up+B,. Jigglypuff; several good jumps. Mr G&W; two good jumps that go high and far, good up+B,etc.)

Another question, would Daisy be heavier than Peach? They are about the same, but Daisy should be harder to hit off, imo. So, I'm unsure(I also think they made Peach too light, but that's just me. She dies way to quickly upward)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'll be honest and say I don't know. If the floating were to be removed, she would have to have a superb jump & Up+B (ie other light characters - Kirby; several good jumps, good Up+B,. Jigglypuff; several good jumps. Mr G&W; two good jumps that go high and far, good up+B,etc

Another question, would Daisy be heavier than Peach? They are about the same, but Daisy should be harder to hit off, imo. So, I'm unsure(I also think they made Peach too light, but that's just me. She dies way to quickly upward)
if they did remove the floating for Daisy her and Peach might end up like Ness and Lucas. Peach being better in the air b/c of the floating and Daisy being better on the ground, more priority on her ground attacks and hit harder on the ground, while having under/average air capabilities. id like her to have it though >.>

i also think she would be a bit heavier and stronger but also kinda slower than peach. kinda like how you compare Mario/Luigi or Fox/Wolf statistically. i wonder would she have a counter like toad except make it like Shy guy or something.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
if they did remove the floating for Daisy her and Peach might end up like Ness and Lucas. Peach being better in the air b/c of the floating and Daisy being better on the ground, more priority on her ground attacks and hit harder on the ground, while having under/average air capabilities. id like her to have it though >.>

i also think she would be a bit heavier and stronger but also kinda slower than peach. kinda like how you compare Mario/Luigi or Fox/Wolf statistically. i wonder would she have a counter like toad except make it like Shy guy or something.
I think you are very correct. You seem to be making good judgements here, and are asking all the right questions. The counter would be e big change. Would it be a Toad substitute? Or a completely different set up (ie Marth's counter, etc.)?

I think if Daisy was introduced w/o a float, I would be undecided. It IS Peach's greatest characteristic, being the only one able to float in the entire SSB series. But Daisy is my favourite, so I would prob change to her anyway. I guess she'd be stronger on ground, but this would work to my advantage, since my aerial game is never very strong (despite the fact I'm Peach, lol). So I wouldn't mind a stronger ground game.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah. i haven't seen Daisy float in any other game so it would be a little weird for her to have the ability to float in Smash, but considering alot of "weird" things that exist already only a detail oriented person or super fan would ever really notice if her foalting were original or not. But w/o the float Daisy couldn't really be considered semi-clone to peach, just a look alike, i think. if she didn't have it i'd miss it but since Peach would still have it theres no real loss on my part. :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They might always do something along the lines of:

"Peach taught Daisy how to float once she learned she would be in Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle."

Like they did with Ness and Lucas with their moves. :mad:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@MenoUnderwater
thats like this example:

before Brawl...

Fox: here Wolf you can borrow one of my landmasters since this is your first Smash game, just promise me you won't mess with it in anyway K?

Wolf: ok (fingers crossed)

during Brawl, Wolf has Smash ball

Fox: WTF!? thats not the landmaster i lent him!!

Wolf: Muhahahahhaaa

Falco: i told you you can't trust that little *******.......

>.>

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Daisy floating would not make sense at all >_< A stronger, ground based version of Peach would be interesting. No turnips either, she should use Mario's bouncing "fireball" from Super Mario Land ^^

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think you are very correct. You seem to be making good judgements here, and are asking all the right questions. The counter would be e big change. Would it be a Toad substitute? Or a completely different set up (ie Marth's counter, etc.)?

I think if Daisy was introduced w/o a float, I would be undecided. It IS Peach's greatest characteristic, being the only one able to float in the entire SSB series. But Daisy is my favourite, so I would prob change to her anyway. I guess she'd be stronger on ground, but this would work to my advantage, since my aerial game is never very strong (despite the fact I'm Peach, lol). So I wouldn't mind a stronger ground game.
If Daisy were a semi-clone of Peach I think it would make sense that her comparison to Toad would be a Snifit, like in Mario Party. When it gets hit it would shoot out a bullet that would do less damage and have a smaller hit box than Toad, but it would hit people far away so it would be a projectile counter.

If Daisy were to be in Brawl I don't think she would need to be a semi-clone. I'm sure if someone tried hard enough they could make a moveset using things from the games she was in.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
If Daisy were a semi-clone of Peach I think it would make sense that her comparison to Toad would be a Snifit, like in Mario Party. When it gets hit it would shoot out a bullet that would do less damage and have a smaller hit box than Toad, but it would hit people far away so it would be a projectile counter.

If Daisy were to be in Brawl I don't think she would need to be a semi-clone. I'm sure if someone tried hard enough they could make a moveset using things from the games she was in.
the Snift idea is nice i like it. :)

i don't think Sakurai or his team would go to all the trouble to differentiate Daisy from Peach so she, Daisy, wouldn't be at least a semi-clone. i mean look at brawl already i bet anyone else they add from "Team Star Fox/Wolf", w/e, they'd all be based of the same concept and have landmasters for each color of the rainbow. but other than that what does Daisy have that makes her stand out from peach that they could add? She's tomboyish= stronger, she has some control with flowers which adds some but what else is there? she's mostly been just in the party/sports games as the opposite of Peach. what we need is a Super Princess Daisy game :laugh:

Veggi

Smash Champion
the Snift idea is nice i like it. :)

i don't think Sakurai or his team would go to all the trouble to differentiate Daisy from Peach so she, Daisy, wouldn't be at least a semi-clone. i mean look at brawl already i bet anyone else they add from "Team Star Fox/Wolf", w/e, they'd all be based of the same concept and have landmasters for each color of the rainbow. but other than that what does Daisy have that makes her stand out from peach that they could add? She's tomboyish= stronger, she has some control with flowers which adds some but what else is there? she's mostly been just in the party/sports games as the opposite of Peach. what we need is a Super Princess Daisy game :laugh:
Thanks and yeah, that does seem like something that would happen, as much as it bothers me. Although it doesn't seem likely that if he decided to put Daisy in he would actually make an effort to make it original. However a moveset for Daisy wouldn't be that hard. Just take a bunch of techniques in spin-off games and make them attacks. Daisy has techniques for making goals, dekes and such in Mario Strikers so there's already a couple moves right there.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Thanks and yeah, that does seem like something that would happen, as much as it bothers me. Although it doesn't seem likely that if he decided to put Daisy in he would actually make an effort to make it original. However a moveset for Daisy wouldn't be that hard. Just take a bunch of techniques in spin-off games and make them attacks. Daisy has techniques for making goals, dekes and such in Mario Strikers so there's already a couple moves right there.
it bothers us all lol. but while its a matter of effort, time is important too in the creation, which im pretty sure they have enough of atm so there should be no excuse for lazy creation of Daisy lol. but would all those soccer moves be possible in a dress? she might end up dress like a stunt double in Kill Bill for all those kicks and such lol. And would daisy and peach be balanced together though like equals is something i wonder about. i mean if Daisy could float, was stronger than Peach, and had all those kicks i think she'd own the current brawl Peach. i love Daisy but i'd like her and peach to be on even terms in smash too.

Top Bottom