• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy Idea

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Daisy could have a wall jump or wall cling?
This will never happen, but I would LOVE to see this! Daisy's dress hanging down as she watches her prey from above (on the wall, obv). She swoops down, using d-air (could be a fast kick down, like sonic, ZSS, etc. or even a spike, lik Zelda's, idk). Instant success! If anything it would be a wall jump, which would also be awsome to watch :bee:.

I don't see Peach's moveset changing too dramatically, though. They are better off just making one for Daisy, or even using the melee Peach's moveset on her (like someone suggested earlier). Lots of valid points by ~Peachy~ there, but couldn't help but get the impression that Rapid_Assassin was taking the mickey (ie being sarcastic)

What about all of her other moves though? I'll let you ponder that, while I go to bed...

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
This will never happen, but I would LOVE to see this! Daisy's dress hanging down as she watches her prey from above (on the wall, obv). She swoops down, using d-air (could be a fast kick down, like sonic, ZSS, etc. or even a spike, lik Zelda's, idk). Instant success! If anything it would be a wall jump, which would also be awsome to watch :bee:.

I don't see Peach's moveset changing too dramatically, though. They are better off just making one for Daisy, or even using the melee Peach's moveset on her (like someone suggested earlier). Lots of valid points by ~Peachy~ there, but couldn't help but get the impression that Rapid_Assassin was taking the mickey (ie being sarcastic)

What about all of her other moves though? I'll let you ponder that, while I go to bed...

Ooooo..... Rapid_Assasin was being sarcastic? My bad.......:ohwell:

You really can't tell if someone is sarcastic on the internet.
;)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah id like it if peach keeps her current moveset and gets some tweaks on it, like make the frying pan actually hurt someone........ anyway Peachs current moveset would clash with Daisys personallity. how is she gonna be tomboyish and slapping people and making hearts appear? B**** slap yes. but Daisy bomber no thank you lol.

anyway on the wall jump/cling thing im more with CIzD on it no happening. but if it were to be implemented i could see it as, while floating peach can start to wall cling next to a wall if she floats near one. when you let go of the wall w/e float time remaining will still be there but it doesn't get reset till you land. Daisy on the other hand could wall jump.

other moves for Daisy hmm.... falchion did a good one but i'll put some ideas for ground attacks, non smashes:

jab= two punches
ftilt= a side kick
dtilt= double leg sweep, think like olimars ftilt just not all that reach daisy simply sticks her legs out.
utilt= peachs ol headbutt or something similar to Ness utilt.
dash= a shoulder charge or sliding kick.

id put in more but i wanna hear what other ideas you guys have for her other moves we might have similar ones.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I just thought of something... It would be so cool if one of Daisy's specials could be generating a soccerball like the ones in SSBB at will. It wouldnt be too broken because those things are so hard to hit with.

Mostly unlikely but still...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm not being sarcastic. The Princess Peach moveset would be awesome.

And how could it be more broken than MK? They could give all the emotions reasonable amounts of damage, lag, and effects... The healing effects would have to be pretty laggy to be reasonable, but there's nothing wrong with that, if you look at Ness/Lucas's down b.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Ooooo..... Rapid_Assasin was being sarcastic? My bad.......:ohwell:

You really can't tell if someone is sarcastic on the internet.
;)
Well, turns out I was wrong ;)

I love the moveset you made JigglyZelda003, would the ftilt have a long range - about the same as Peach's? But not as high, obv. Would it look like Mario's?

I have more comments and questions, but I really need to go :bee:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i think it would be more like Marios and could tilt up or down more like most other side kicks the dress being part of the hitbox. the ballerina kick should stay on Peach lol. hmm lets see what could air attacks be like....

Nair- similar to Peach's except it hits multiple times, final hit knocks away.
Fair- a forward flip kick, some spiking properties :)
Bair-reverse bat swing, although i'd be fine with it being like Peachs for picture purposes. >.>;
Uair- two handed push up attack, or a headbutt
Dair- similar to Yoshi's downB in the air, but Daisy wouldn't go down like that just sit down.

so what do you guys think?

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I like the moveset JigglyZelda :3

it's quite agressive lol

Yay :) Daisy for SSB4 :D

Peach = White Dress

Daisy = Black Dress

Maybe her down smash could be a split like Fox's?

And her FS shouldn't be a giant plant, that's for Ashley :3 (Wario Ware)

Maybe in her FS she could get psycho with the martial arts, like doing multiple kicks, bouncing them with the stage and in the final hit the victim is zoomed and Daisy kicks them like a soccer ball in Super Mario Strikers ;) a OHKO

Her F-smash like everyone here said = Golf Club+ Tennis Racket+Baseball Bat

But different trajectories Tennis racket semi-spike, Golf Club Vertical KOer and Bat Horizontal KOer

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
or maybe she should just use the super strike she has in MSC. but that game is so brutal. >__>
its no wonder the characters had armor on in it......

i'd like the black dress for Daisy. Or maybe it could be a darker purple and make peach have a skyblue dress so Daisy's purple could match with Luigi's WaLuigi outfit.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Wow, no one else have any contributions to Daisy? comeon me and CizD can't be the only big Daisy fans here. i don't want this topic to die out. :(

too bad its not a canidate to be stickied. :ohwell:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Where did Cedric go? He's been gone quite awhile - same with DarkMeow...

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm back from my 3 week holiday, so you can all stop worrying coz I'm fine (although, from the rumours I've heard, Dark_Meow1 may not be :ohwell:). I should be back on regularly, but school starts in a week for me, so maybe not as often as I have been :(.

i think it would be more like Marios and could tilt up or down more like most other side kicks the dress being part of the hitbox. the ballerina kick should stay on Peach lol. hmm lets see what could air attacks be like....

Nair- similar to Peach's except it hits multiple times, final hit knocks away.
Fair- a forward flip kick, some spiking properties :)
Bair-reverse bat swing, although i'd be fine with it being like Peachs for picture purposes. >.>;
Uair- two handed push up attack, or a headbutt
Dair- similar to Yoshi's downB in the air, but Daisy wouldn't go down like that just sit down.

so what do you guys think?
Liking this idea with the dress being part of the hitbox and being a side kick. Peach's kick stays with Peach.

AERIALS
Nair - Have you noticed how similar Peach's Nair and Zelda's Nair are? Maybe it's a woman thing, or to do with wearing a dress, i dunno, but I can see Daisy do it.
Fair - loving the forward flip kick. Would this have the kick first, or after the flip (hoping that I have the right idea here)
Bair - Not sure what the reverse batswing would be like. Maybe a punch after she spins around that only hits behind. I dunno
Uair - I can see the 2-handed pushing attack with a head butt. Maybe something like Peach's Uthrow?
Dair - Meh, I dunno about having a ground pound unless it is on a down+B attack (ie Yoshi, Bowser). Maybe a down spike like Ness or Zelda. Maybe it wont spike if she has a float (which is unlikely), or just no spike. A "flurry" attack like Peach or Lucas.

Maybe my contribution is crappy here because I have been away from SWF and Brawl for so long (j/k), but all ideas are welcome :chuckle:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I would only take Daisy in Brawl if she had her tan skinned from the 64/Melee days.

I would Luigifie her.

AA combo, Instead of a slap, it can be 2 short kicks.
Forward tilt, A long slap attack (She slaps in the Mario party games)
Up tilt, similar to Peachs, but it's a flower instead.
Down tilt, She does a punch aimed towards the floor (think Wario's down tilt)

Forward smash,She automatically uses a tennis racket. (Knockback is much higher than Peach's)
Upsmash, Same as Peach's.
Downsmash, same as Peach's.

Nair, Same as Peach's, but is damage racks, instead of Knockback.
Dair, She stomps in the air, and flowers appear below her. A meteor smash
Bair, Same as Peach.
Fair, She puts her hands out in a Ness manner, and flowers appear to kills. (Sweetspot killer)

Neutral B, Snifit. Similar to a counter, A snifit appears and shoots a projectile back to counter.

Up B, Flower jump. Ala power tennis, she jumps and flowers appear (like squirtles)

Forward B, Flower throw. She takes a second, then throws a big flower (size of Peach's forward B)

Down B, soccer kick. Ala strikers.

Grabs are identical to Peach's

FS is like Tingle's AT effect #???. The screen zooms into Daisy, while she becomes super powerful (flowers appear every where for astectic affect) It lasts for a dceent amount of time.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@CizD
i think the Nair is a woman thing mostly. Zamus does it too just with her whip, and the only guy that does it is Ness. for the Dair i was thinking not exactly like ground pound. you know how Peach's Uair makes her move up a little when she does it. i was thinking that for Dair except move down some and then back up a bit, but yeah it probably would be better as a downB of sorts. the Bair i was thinking just a quick back swing backwards since most Bairs are just a kick or a reverse punch of sorts.

@PKNintendo
im betting she'll be a luigified Peach anyway. but we can just throw out things like she would have an original moveset anyway. it is possible even for Luigi. just throw that vacum thing on his back and give him some moves with that. on the sideB how would that flower be thrown? could you charge it up?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No. It's like a long range Peach bomber. She winds Up, and throws the flower, it makes the same sound as the Peach bomber, except it's flowers.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
unless daisy is flying towards them its not like peach bomber just a ranged move.
Oh, harsh.

Anyway, I like the ideas coming forward here; some good suggestions like for the Dtilt (I was thinking a short kick forward, like Zelda, but I never imagined a punch - more in Daisy's character?)

I had the same idea as PKNintendo for the Utilt, which I like a lot :bee:. I still think that the soccer balls thing could be applied to any of the characters in SMS or MSC, but hasn't for a reason...No offense.

Ugh, I have to go again :(, so I'll answer more later

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well i am confused as to how its like peach bomber but Daisy is stationary.

maybe for Dtilt Daisy could pull out a flower wack their feet with it.

and yeah the soccer ball could be given to any character in SMS MSC. but what if insted Daisy gets a move like Turnip pull, but Daisy pulls up different flowers and throws them at people. and she can sometimes pull up the fire flower, Smart bomb, or Star rod at random.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Has she had that ability in any of her previous games?
Good point.

Has anyone has actually played that version of Super Mario 2 (I think it is 2, or maybe a totally other game. It's the game-thing you can play in brawl) where you can play as Peach? Then was it just Peach who could pluck turnips or any character? Just out of interest. Also, her floating never seemed to appear in other games, but it still appeared in SSB (for which, we are eternally grateful).

SO things like the umbrella Daisy had in one of the Mario Party games (can't remember which, but I posted it earlier), could appear as her Up+B.

Oh, for anyone who has played MSC, what is this new ability with crystals that she has? I never played SMS, so I dunno if she had it then. In MSC she should have had Waluigi's power (to make vines appear). Much more suited to character, don't you think?

Would this "Crystal Smash" appear in the game? like down+B makes crystals appear around her? With pop-up?

What do you think?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i never played super mario 2 sadly so im not sure if she had a flower pulling ability or not. the flower pull up thing was just a suggestion to go along with a luigified Peach idea.

in SMS she didn't have any power with crystals. her super shoot was just a fancy fireball kick in slow motion.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Good point.

Has anyone has actually played that version of Super Mario 2 (I think it is 2, or maybe a totally other game. It's the game-thing you can play in brawl) where you can play as Peach? Then was it just Peach who could pluck turnips or any character? Just out of interest. Also, her floating never seemed to appear in other games, but it still appeared in SSB (for which, we are eternally grateful).

SO things like the umbrella Daisy had in one of the Mario Party games (can't remember which, but I posted it earlier), could appear as her Up+B.

Oh, for anyone who has played MSC, what is this new ability with crystals that she has? I never played SMS, so I dunno if she had it then. In MSC she should have had Waluigi's power (to make vines appear). Much more suited to character, don't you think?

Would this "Crystal Smash" appear in the game? like down+B makes crystals appear around her? With pop-up?

What do you think?
In the game your thinking of, every character could pluck things from the ground, but Toad was the best at it. It was given to Peach because they couldn't think of anything else I guess and Toad isn't playable in Smash Bros.

In Strikers Charged she makes a bunch of crystals pop out of the ground around her, that game was wierd. Diddy acts absolutely nothing like himself in that game. It would seem sort of over-powered for a down-b, yet sort of under-powered for a Final Smash. I guess it could be changed to make it balanced either way though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
alot of things in MSC is either brutal, strange, or just over nimated. like i watched a match on Utube where Daisy was teleporting around the field. the crystal thing could be like a counter or reflector and act kinda like Zelda's B.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
alot of things in MSC is either brutal, strange, or just over nimated. like i watched a match on Utube where Daisy was teleporting around the field. the crystal thing could be like a counter or reflector and act kinda like Zelda's B.

Sweet, I never thought of that as a reflector. I just really hope they don't make her teleport though for Up+B. That's one reason I dislike to play as Zelda :(.

Maybe she could have a counter like Lucario, where she teleports behind them and attacks. I know it is a bad idea, but its an alternative to the Up+B teleport :ohwell:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well other than just an attack it might as well be something special right? i don't think they'd make Daisy teleport, cause that just doesn't add up right. its fine on Zelda cause she's magical. but Daisy, naw she don't need something that fancy.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
but Daisy, naw she don't need something that fancy.
Good enough for me! :bee:

So are we gonna have to go for a parasol for Up+B? Since she could have the one from Mario Party something (I know it was just a picture).

I don't think we have ever actually agreed on a proper moveset, so we should make a proper one. Let's start with A attacks, and see if we can work from there?

AAA combo - 2 short jabs, followed by a kick
FTilt - undecided by me
UTilt - Similar to Peach, but is the Daisy emblem flower
DTilt - Short kick forward (see Zelda's DTilt)

Okay, lets debate!!!!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im for that flower growing thing. kind of like a flower coppter that she holds onto maybe?

on debate:
im fine with the jab and Utilt. maybe Dtilt could still be like Peachs, i mean most peoples Dtilt is a low kick anyway, im fine with either though. Ftilt should just be a side kick.
running attack dashing elbow charge.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Daisy should be heavier than Peach, have more kill power, and a better recovery.

Peach should be slightly lighter, have less kill power (they should buff her kill power in Brawl first) And a worse recovery (better than Brawl though, she needs a double jump)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
we already agreed on Daisy being heavier and stronger, but on recovery we said Peach should be good Horizontally and Daisy better vertically. Also daisy would have a better ground game while Peach better air game. Daisy would also be slower. were trying to keep them balanced so that if she's added in the next smash there won't be alot of debates over who's better. like look at Samus/Zamus, Mario/Luigi, Ness/Lucas. one of each is way better than the other.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
ok she can grow a flower out of the ground that rises verticaly for a short period of time. If used in the air she whips up a flower copter that shoots her up... then she goes into the fall animation... or maby neutral fall with no up b left.... i dont think she should glide around like peach

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think for her Dtilt it should be similar to ZSS's and her Dsmash should be like Mario's.

Her Up B could be that (defensive power up) thing in Mario Power Tennis where she retrieves the tennis ball by jumping across those flowers.

Her Fsmash could be the Tennis Racket from Mario Tennis also with reflective properties, and the damage and knockback could vary on the color of the flower she gets (I believe she had two different colors when she her offensive power up thing).

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
yeh... Daisy should be unique you know? at the same time similar...
so I was thinking daisy should have moves that are pretty close to peach's, but maby works in different directions with slightly different properties

almost like an ike/marth link/toonlink

Top Bottom