• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy Idea

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
They might always do something along the lines of:

"Peach taught Daisy how to float once she learned she would be in Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle."

Like they did with Ness and Lucas with their moves. :mad:
Lucas and Ness both had the same powers. It's just Lucas' moves/priorities were different from Ness. At least that's how i think

Daisy having the ability to float would possibly not happen.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Daisy having the ability to float would possibly not happen.
maybe, maybe not. but adding it would make it simpler to build Daisy off of Peach to make them like Ness/Lucas just change some moves here and there. w/o it they'd actually have to work more to make Daisy.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Yeah, I'm wondering... would Daisy be able to float like Peach? Peach actually had a game where she can float but Daisy showed no proof of being able to float. I haven't seen Daisy hold an umbrella either so there is also a problem. So the Daisy-Peach Idea would end up how the Mario-Luigi plan came out. They will have some glaring similarities but they will be completely separate characters. I'd support that idea of Daisy Being in the New SSB game ( if there will be one). One things for sure, she'll definitely make things wilder.;)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm wondering... would Daisy be able to float like Peach? Peach actually had a game where she can float but Daisy showed no proof of being able to float. I haven't seen Daisy hold an umbrella either so there is also a problem.;)
Ness/Lucas have games but they don't know PK starstom in either of them. Wolf is in a game but wtf where did he get a landmaster. and then Luigi's FS >.>

i wouldn't be surprised if part of Daisy's trophy said:

"Dasiy, while previously unable to float, was taught so by her cousin Peach. also the yellow Parisol Daisy has was a belated birthday gift from Peach (or Luigi)."

although i wonder what they'd make Daisy's FS be. a super soccer ball kick perhaps? or maybe just throw in something random like Luigi's Negative Zone. except Daisy would call in a giant Petey Pirana and preceed to ride it while it chomps everyone off the stage for like 10 seconds. anyone elses thoughts on what her FS would be?

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I've been out workin on our patio for the past week, so I haven't been online AT ALL. There has been a lot of activity on this thread which is promising :bee:

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the idea of Daisy having soccer balls. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, so I'm not shooting you down, btw.

Final Smash - will it be a Peach knock off? Like other food will fall from the sky, etc? I really have no idea. Let's hope it is nothin insane like Luigi's FS. I mean, let's be honest, they just had no idea what to do, so made it up.

I thought it was terrible when they did that with Lucas, I mean they just seem lazy sometimes in Brawl (ie when Peach/Zelda is thrown, her legs go through the dress, the Landmaster x3 thing, etc.). Idk if I'd want that for Daisy with the whole float thing.

But there is the problem, as JigglyZelda003 pointed out. There is no game which gives us Daisy's definition. She is mysterious, we kinda know her background (captured by an alien), but not much else. They haven't fully explored her potential, so we can never know what she can do. I love the Super Princess Daisy idea :bee:, it could show us what she is like. Or even if they had a game like the Mario Bros. where you could choose your character. Idk, but they should do something.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@ leechaolan i <3 your pic

@ Cedricizdead

the soccer ball idea is nice but i wouldn't want it overdone like Sonics consistent spinning lol. but other than sports Daisy is almost as mysterious as WaLuigi who, like the recent baby princesses in MKW just show up out of nowhere lol. it's just all we have on Daisy is like sports stuff and flowers. i wonder if her entrance would be a flower growing out of the background of the stage and Daisy jumps out and says either "Hi im Daisy!" or " yehaw" something like that.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if her entrance would be a flower growing out of the background of the stage and Daisy jumps out and says either "Hi im Daisy!" or " yehaw" something like that.
I love that idea. Daisy's voice is SOOOOOOOOOO annoying, but I suppose that would help to complete your victory - why I like Peach; who wants to be beaten by a girly girl? By the same idea, who wants to hear her yell when she wins?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
lol yeah Daisy's voice is annoying to most, although i think its kinda cute at times. but it can help rub in the fact that you just lost to Daisy lol. i wonder would she be unlocked at the start or would you have to unlock her for a smash game?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I love that idea. Daisy's voice is SOOOOOOOOOO annoying, but I suppose that would help to complete your victory - why I like Peach; who wants to be beaten by a girly girl? By the same idea, who wants to hear her yell when she wins?
no it isn't it so funky and kind of cute to i love they way they made her it's so awesome

~Peachy~

no it isn't it so funky and kind of cute to i love they way they made her it's so awesome

Lol, yeah. Daisy's pretty cool . .;) Although, many people DO think her voice is annoying though.( I sorta like and hate it XD) And someone can use that to their advantage.:laugh:

I bet her taunts would be annoying to many players similar to how people thought Kirby's Hi-AAAAAIIIA! Taunt was annoying. ( I <3 it) I bet Daisy's taunt would be her winking at the screen going "You'll know I'll win!" , "Hi, I'm Daisy!" , or something along those lines.

I can think of people spamming those taunts until the opponent throws their controller at the screen.:laugh: I know when I play normal 4 player free for all matches w/ with my friends and I play as Peach, I annoy them by using her " Lalalalalalala" Taunt when they don't get me.

Hmmm... as for Daisy's moves....... Nintendo would either:

Base them off Mario Party, Sports Games, and other Nintendo games she has been in.

Totally rip them off other character's. *coughPeachcough*

or

Make some wacky moveset for her out of the wazoo.

But maybe......just maybe... by the time another Super Smash Bros. comes out, Daisy will actually have a game that shows other things about her besides flowers and sports. I can already picture Daisy doing some insane meteor smashes..

Btw, there are no gaurantees that Nintendo would keep the Smash Ball in the next game(if there is). So keep that in mind. But if there will be a smash ball, Daisy's final smash would probably be wackier than Luigi's. * crosses fingers*

Further more, I believe Falchion has already made a moveset/other details about Daisy in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162985&page=32 .

Personally, I think its pretty detailed and suits her. You guys should check it out. You might like it too. ;) Maybe its old news already idk.... And there's my two cents. It probably wasn't much.:laugh:.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i like Falchion's Daisy moveset but i think it goes too much with petals in her specials. i mean peach doesn't put hearts in all her moves. >.>

but since Daisy is so unkown i guess all those petals make sense anyway. i'd make her down throw where she would trip whoever she's holding and elbow drop on them while saying "yehaaw" and her back throw she'd spin them around and then just push them away lol.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Further more, I believe Falchion has already made a moveset/other details about Daisy in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162985&page=32 .

Wow, I totally forgot that was there. Now after reading it, I'm sure I saw it ages ago, but I never thought about it when I made this.

But I suppose this is an area to dicuss Daisy. Thanks for bringing this to my attention (again) ~Peachy~.

I agree w/ JigglyZelda003, too many petals :ohwell:. I think Daisy should be a little like Peach. I'm sorry, but she looks too much like her to NOT be. Maybe it's coz I like Peach, i dunno. If she were to lack a float (very likely) then she would need a drastically improved second jump. I was thinking about this the other day - Peach only has one game where she can float, idk if she has it in Super Princess Peach (why would she have Perry?). It has never been used again to my recollection. It has not been fully explored. So would Daisy have powers which my only have appeared once? Like being able to vanish & reappear (Mario Strikers Charged). Or would she have the "flower power" which is a talent which comes to fore every so often, but has never been fully explored?

I seem to be asking a lot of questions without giving my own opinion. I will give it tomorrow, but I'm very tired, so I'm away to bed

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i think she should have any power she could even if it only appeared once. i mean look at Sheik, she was in 1 game and is still a part of Zelda. she should have the vanish and reappear and the flower power, since it is something signature to her at least, and most characters have a counter of sorts anyway.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Hey!!!!
Look what I found!

So there will be no umbrella teaching by Peach, nor gift giving by Luigi. However, it is an ugly picture, and a very unsightly umbrella :ohwell:. But at least I found something.

Oh, and apparently she can kick a soccerball in a dress

There are also the different sports she played - like for her f-smash (similar to Peach's)

Tennis Racket (same as Peach)

Golf club (again, same as Peach)

Baseball Bat (instead of frying pan). Wouldn't be as powerful as the Home Run Bat, more like Ness' F-smash.

Sorry about the picture size, but I can't be bothered changing them :bee:

I know I pointed out the vanish thingy, but I wouldn't want that. That's why I don't play as Zelda too often. I always end up going somewhere I don't wanna be. Also, I found an umbrella, so we could use that (I love that recovery, it just works so well)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i like the pics lol. but the umbrella one is pretty fugly lol.

and i like her basic Mario sports outfit more than her strikers one. the strikers one shows off her non too toned mid section lol >_>

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
i like the pics lol. but the umbrella one is pretty fugly lol.

and i like her basic Mario sports outfit more than her strikers one. the strikers one shows off her non too toned mid section lol >_>

Lol, true. I do like her normal sports outfit better than the strikers one.

*Note*
In the moveset by Falchion, the outfit is actually Super Mario Strikers, not Mario Strikers Charged. I prefer the SMS one since MSC has bulky armour over the uniforms (wtf is that about?).

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Daisy and Peach in the next smash bros would be a lot like Ness and Lucas I think.... Daisy should be better on the ground since Peach is pretty good in the air, and they shoud differ enough to be semi clones (like Ness and Lucas, she could have the same specials if they wanted just with slight differences.)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well they can't have all of the exact same specials and moves, except maybe ^B. because they're not the same in the same sense as Ness and Lucas are lol.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
well they can't have all of the exact same specials and moves, except maybe ^B. because they're not the same in the same sense as Ness and Lucas are lol.

Yeah Up B could be the same or differ a bit but I was thinking that too and Daisy cant throw turnips cause she wasnt in smb2...and nuetral b nope and side b maybe but nahhhh

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i was thinking in making them have similar looking specials it would probably be something like this:

B= Snift, you hit it it shoots out a ball does more damamge than toads spores but because its smaller its harder to hit some characters.

sideB= some kinda flying kick, doesn't go as far as peachbomber but hits harder and when it connects flower petals pop out.

vB= soccer ball, the soccer ball magically appears at Daisys feet and she can move around with it and she kicks it when you press A can be angled up or down.

^B= umbrella, works just like peachs but it hits harder when she pulls it out just goes up a little slower.

doesn't take much to take one characters moves and slightly paint over them with some different names to make a new moveset >_> look at the space animals after all lol. :laugh:

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking in making them have similar looking specials it would probably be something like this:

B= Snift, you hit it it shoots out a ball does more damamge than toads spores but because its smaller its harder to hit some characters.

sideB= some kinda flying kick, doesn't go as far as peachbomber but hits harder and when it connects flower petals pop out.

vB= soccer ball, the soccer ball magically appears at Daisys feet and she can move around with it and she kicks it when you press A can be angled up or down.

^B= umbrella, works just like peachs but it hits harder when she pulls it out just goes up a little slower.

doesn't take much to take one characters moves and slightly paint over them with some different names to make a new moveset >_> look at the space animals after all lol. :laugh:
I love this! Especially the flying kick one. Not to sure about the football, but that's just me (UK; soccer ball=football, just fyi). The football idea IS a brilliant one, but idk if I'd like it on a character. We'll just have to see.

What about smashes? Would they be the same as Peach's?

How about this;

Up Smash
- Daisy spins, with her arm up stretched, damaging opponents who come into contact with her. (See Peach's u-smash)
or
- Daisy spins around with her leg outstretched (in a kind of pirouette fashion. Same range as Peach's f-tilt? Drags opponents in? Idk, you tell me. This is new, so let's develop ideas here)

Forward Smash
- Daisy swings with anyone of these weapons; Golf Club, Tennis Racket (see Peach's f-smash) & Baseball Bat (Ness' f-smash)

Down Smash
- Daisy spins in a circle, kicking down & to the side while doing so (see Zelda's d-smash)
or
- Daisy spins while crouching, her dress outstretched, damaging opponents who come into contact with it (see Peach's d-smash. More like melee Peach's?)

Tell me what you think. Don't hold back, coz you know I don't (see whole football thingy, and I'm trying to stay nice here, folks)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Why does it seem like you guys want to make her stronger or make her moves almost similar to Peach?
oh were not really, at least im not trying too, since if she were stronger peach would be more versatile and faster but maybe we are overdoing it by a bit lol >.>. but we're Daisy fans, and while we alove our Peach too Daisy comes first :laugh:

on the similar note, i think Daisy has a higher chance of being in smash as a luigified peach clone than her own original character. (see space animals) :dizzy:

I love this! Especially the flying kick one. Not to sure about the football, but that's just me (UK; soccer ball=football, just fyi). The football idea IS a brilliant one, but idk if I'd like it on a character. We'll just have to see.

What about smashes? Would they be the same as Peach's?

How about this;

Up Smash
- Daisy spins, with her arm up stretched, damaging opponents who come into contact with her. (See Peach's u-smash)
or
- Daisy spins around with her leg outstretched (in a kind of pirouette fashion. Same range as Peach's f-tilt? Drags opponents in? Idk, you tell me. This is new, so let's develop ideas here)

Forward Smash
- Daisy swings with anyone of these weapons; Golf Club, Tennis Racket (see Peach's f-smash) & Baseball Bat (Ness' f-smash)

Down Smash
- Daisy spins in a circle, kicking down & to the side while doing so (see Zelda's d-smash)
or
- Daisy spins while crouching, her dress outstretched, damaging opponents who come into contact with it (see Peach's d-smash. More like melee Peach's?)

Tell me what you think. Don't hold back, coz you know I don't (see whole football thingy, and I'm trying to stay nice here, folks)

i think those are good ideas in keeping with her being a luigigfied Peach. i'd want her regulars moves to be as different from peach as possible though. some things i was thinking was:

Usmash- spinning uppercut; shoryuken

Fsmash- this im still thinking might be ok to be like Peach's, just trade the frying pan for the bat. or a double kick attack.

Dsmash- the pirouette fashion like you said is just what i was thinking too :). or she just slams/punchs on the ground and flower petals appear on both sides of her to damage people.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Why does it seem like you guys want to make her stronger or make her moves almost similar to Peach?
Well, she looks too much like Peach not to have similar moves. And I'm used to Peach's so it would be easy, lol. She would obviously be stronger - she's a tomboy and just IS stronger. She would probably be slower. Just to balance her out with Peach (although they didn't bother doing that with Snake :ohwell:). She could have completely different moves to Peach, but I guess since very little is actually known about Daisy & her "powers", then we just have to guess.

some things i was thinking was:

Usmash- spinning uppercut; shoryuken

Fsmash- this im still thinking might be ok to be like Peach's, just trade the frying pan for the bat. or a double kick attack.

Dsmash- the pirouette fashion like you said is just what i was thinking too :). or she just slams/punchs on the ground and flower petals appear on both sides of her to damage people.
I love these ideas!
Would the shoryuken have a very high priority? Or like a normal u-smash?
Liking the double kick. Wouls it be along the lines of Fox, and she would move forward?
The pirouette thing; is that like kicking toward the ground (like Zelda?), otherwise it wouldn't really be a d-smash...But I love the petals thingy, that's just class.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
for the Up smash to balance it with peach's you have to take in speed, priority, reach, and strength. i think Daisy would have the strength and reach while peach's have the other two. just to keep them on even terms. (there would be only some minor differences in each category)

i think one similar to Foxs would be a great and interesting Fsmash. (just imagine doing his Fsmash in a dress lol that would be so unusual) when i put it i was thinking kinda like Wolfs up tilt with an extra kick and more horizontal reach.

petal down smash would be more epic and original than a spin kick so i like it more.

~Peachy~

I think her Fsmash should just be the Racket move she had in Mario Power Tennis.
It would semi-spike and have a little flower animation.
Do you mean Daisy's Power shot in Mario Power Tennis?

I think that would be great, but would that mean her fsmash would not have access to a frying pan or golf club? She was in Mario Golf. =P

I can think of Daisy with the tennis racket( with flower animation?), a baseball bat( as opposed to Peach's frying pan, and maybe a golf club for her fsmash.

If Daisy was a luigified version of Peach( which she most likely would be),then she would be slightly heavier, stronger, slower, and won't be able to float. But I think to make up for that, Daisy would have a higher second jump and a better up B. Opinions?

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Daisy would have a higher second jump and a better up B. Opinions?

I agree completely. Peach has, well, let's be honest, a non-existant second jump (it's more like an extention to her float, imo). Daisy's jump should be better than Peach's melee jump maybe. You could have them different in this respect - Peach excels at horizontal recoveries, whereas Daisy has the upper hand when it comes to vertical. Will she have an umbrella though, and just go higher? Or a totally separate Up+B?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i think making peach better horizontally and Daisy vertically on recovery is nice and at this point i think having daisy have an umbrella too is fine

~Peachy~

i think making peach better horizontally and Daisy vertically on recovery is nice and at this point i think having daisy have an umbrella too is fine
Hmmm.. if the Creators of SSB get lazy ( most likely they will), Daisy would most likely have a parasol like Peach's with maybe a few differences. Maybe Daisy will have a higher reach when she uses her parasol but will fall faster.;)

But if Nintendo starts to get creative, Daisy may actually have her own unique up Special move. ( unlikely?)
:confused:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Here's a better idea: Give Daisy Peach's current moveset, maybe with a few variations. Give Peach a new moveset based off of Super Princess Peach. There. No clones.

~Peachy~

Omg that would be awesome, as long as Peach still had her floating abilities.
However I would be devistated without Turnips.

@ rapid assasin and airgemini

That would be nice but.....no. That will most likely will not happen. The most they would do to Peach is give minor tweaks to her moves, that's it. Not just create a moveset out of the wazoo and just throw all of Peach's old moves onto Daisy.
Mario had Super Mario Sunshine, but did Nintendo change all of Mario's special moves into Nozzle moves? NO. They relocated one of his moves and replaced it with FLUDD. Not that big. Link had Twilight Princess which could have trashed link's moves and changed them into him transforming into a wolf or him using those new items from TLP. Do you see that happenening? Nope. Luigi had Luigi's Mansion, but do you see him using a vacuum? Nope. None of the cast has gotten a complete move dumpage before, so why would they start now?
As you can see, throwing away all of Peach's current moveset is highly unlikely because:

A) It would waste a lot of time that can be spent on actually making a moveset for Daisy whereas Peach keep's her moveset.

B) The fan's of Peach's old moves would not like the idea of Peach's new moveset.( Just look how many former Peach mainer's quit/complain just because Peach lost her Dsmash, some priority, recovery, and fthrow.) What more if they trash her moves now?

C) If Peach's moves got switched to emotion's, Peach may have the potential to be more broken then metaknight.( come on, Peach going into hysterics as her Down B? Peach getting angry as her B Special? What about her healing Capabilities in Super Princess Peach? That just compltetely spells B-R-O-K-E-N.

And there's my two cents.
;)

Top Bottom