• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Dair Pummel.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
I've re-purchased Brawl (yay for Circuit City).
So I've returned to my experimenting trying to expand on Snake's Meta-ness.

I know you guys hate reading and prefer visuals... so here's the video!

The Dair Video

How to do:

1) Make sure opponent is grounded, body touching floor.

2) Get close and short-hop your Dair.

3) Land the first 3 kicks ONLY. DO NOT LAND THE LAST KICK!

4) Fast fall on your THIRD KICK (timing might need work).

5) The person will be knocked into the air slightly, and in the mean time, you're recovering from your landing lag.

6) Short hop dair again, and repeat.

Now, your opponent will DI somehow. You may have to move along with your opponent, following the character to whichever way she/he DIs.

Also, I do not believe this works on heavier characters, because they will not be able to be knocked into the air as effectively on the third kick.

And even if it isn't completely possible to lock the opponent into a cycle of Dairs, this is an excellent way to rack up damage like nothing.

Enjoy!

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
If you can follow up with another dair, does that mean you can follow with other ground moves (such as Utilt)?

Nic64

Smash Lord
I think most people would figure out that they need to DI the hell out pretty fast, however, if this leads into ground moves then this could be pretty good, I didn't realize the hit stun on this was so ridiculous

edit: just did some minor testing, I think 3 hits of dair FF to ftilt and utilt works provided that they don't tech it, still trying to see if I can get anything more useful out of it but at the very least dair to ftilt is 8% more than just finishing the dair, my favorite roll punisher just got better, gotta do more testing on this later to see what characters it works on

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've never thought of using another Dair again(can´t they tech when they hit the ground? They might not be expecting to not be hit by the last kick, so they got the first one, but the second?), but It creates openings to use ground moves.

zeionut

Smash Apprentice
thats funny, i found this out a month ago and didnt really tell anyone except my friends and bladewise, but after the 3rd hit i do sumthing different...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I think that meta could up b out if, but it sounds great to use at least once, then lead into an ftilt or utilt if they are in killing range.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I used to do this when I was new with Snake. It's a pretty good combo to use if you are successful with it.

I haven't used it recently to help develop my nade game, but I have to say to those it's a good thing to use when your opponent is caught unaware.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm assuming characters can smash DI out of this if they tried. If not, they can always just tech it to get out of it.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah it seems you can just DI or up-B out off, but is one of those moves that will work once, then you won't do it again till next tourney or so XP kinda like when people just lay down after Snake's down grab(way back), then you stick them with a C4, or any other move, point being people learn to just move away, so it could work on an actual match.

Tanuki

Smash Rookie
i just need to work on my timing, ive only pulled it off like twice but its useful, its good for mixing with other attacks and what not

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've found this doesn't work as well as I thought it would in an actual battle. My friend's falco is able to punish me for it before I can get out of my lag :ohwell:

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
While you can't actually dair pummel, using dair and canceling the 4th hit still has a good amount of hitstun, but you can cancel into jabs, ftilt, utilt. Not guaranteed, but most likely they'd be trying to DI dair, so you'd have a good shot of them not shielding. Nothing to spam, but could be useful.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The Falco I was playing is top in state though, so he doesn't have any bad tendencies like that. If he can get out of it, he gets out of it. Well, most of the time. :laugh:

Top Bottom