• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA Presents the return of Gauntlet: WHO CAN WIN IT ON MARTIN LUTHERS DAY (JAN.14th )

Cort

Apple Head
Lol Brookman, you didn't even go you silly biatch.

Anyways, this gauntlet deserves some serious shouting out, which I may or may not do when I arrive home tomorrow.

Cactuar's mean :(

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
this was by far the best gauntlet. So many familiar faces. The ****** from the midwest (YA dont have the biggest Coc'ks, we east coasters do lol)

Time for sleepy too much smash in one day. peace shoutouts later.

Samusexplorer

Smash Apprentice
women and cildren first and children first and children Ilaughuntilmyheadcomesoff women and children first and children f i r s t a n d c h i l d r e n (sex) (jogging) (make sure of mirrors)

dirty1

Smash Cadet
yeah man that cake was pretty good. cutting it with a plastic knife was a ***** though.

KM-013

Smash Lord
good **** @ bum and cactuar

@ samusexpolorer-here i'm allowed everything all of the tiiiiiiiiiime, here i'm allowed everything all of the tiiiiiiiiiiime

Brookman

Smash Hero
KM + samus explorer: Ice age coming, ice age coming. Let me hear both sides- let me hear both sides-let me hear both. Ice age coming, ice age coming. Throw them on the fire-throw them on the fire-throw them on the...

I wish I had gone and been able to get some cake =[

Jash

Smash Lord
I tried, really i did. They gave me Hayato for my first match and to be honest, it was not as bad as people thought it would be. But now i know that really need to get better. Oh and i fought PC falco with my Zelda, that was funny, he owned me so bad. I <3 Zelda. But this gauntlet was fun and a learning experience. Well better work on my Mind Games *Drinks Smart Water*.

fenixkaldoran

Smash Apprentice
::sighs::i just made sure that the midwesterners find there way home (mapquest is da ****) now it is time to sleep....
shout outs to DA nice guantlet it ws very intense but very fun at the same time...
nice job bum you really surprise me with your gameplay very well done..
killa feet ya already know da deal....kdj u coulda done better guy...
nothing has to be sed about god aka PC Chris aka Jesus of Nazareth lol good stuff.....
D1 keep that fox in practice it is like dire would say "a dumb beast" lol....
hax u f-in 6 year old lol nice work i like where your CF is going....
shoutouts to everyone else at the tournament..DA lets try to make the next one as successful as this one :)

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo that tournament was actually ran great it finish at a good time n not no 3 o clock n stuff.pc chris u a cheat code how can i get that code lol.jason n jeffery ya surprise as a team ya need 2 keep it up man serious.dave n wes i thx ya 4 the support n helpin me out cuz i was nervous as hell lol goin against the ice climbers dude,zang,kdj ya guys r real good.i also thank all the guys that gave me support n rootin 4 me.anyone eva wanna train my aol name is oni163 n dave next time let bust sum *** in teams.mid west good stuff also man hope 2 see ya again soon.peace

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
Good tournament overall.

It was a very nice tourney... Because of that back room that one could actually BREATHE IN. Shout outs:

D1: Sorry we didn't own in teams, we'll get better. Gauntlet's no joke after all.
Ryan: "Hi ;) *Sips on straw*" Seriously man, I feel bad for you that you had an off-day. It happened for me too for a little while. :/
Silven: Good hanging out with you, like, basically the whole day. Taco Bell ****ing sucks.
Cactuar: I want to play against you in the future. I only got one match with you and it was way too embarrassing.
Hax: It was nice seeing you again, man. You've gotten better.
Vyse: It was cool to see you at Gauntlet, I'm not even sure if you visit the boards...
Bum: I'm glad I only got four-stocked once, that was incredibly embarrassing. It'd actually be cool if we could train.
PC Chris: This happens with all the pros I want friendlies with; FRIENDLIES SUDDENLY BECOME B& WHENEVER I'M IN ONE. :/
Alejandro: Thanks for my DS and stealing a dollar for a cake I wouldn't be able to eat. >:O Nah, it's cool, I think any cake that isn't ice cream cake is pretty sh`itty. Again, didn't get to finish that friendly with you.
Tetra: Thanks for the compliments, it boosted my spirit up. What a surprise that I didn't get to finish the friendly with you. -_-
Wes: Good matches, you brought out my 100%, even though the bi`tches behind me were annoying.
Mooplet and his friend: Fun talking to you guys for the first HOUR waiting for the **** thing to start. Hope to see you guys again at Killer Fleet's tourney.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS BABY YEAH!

Sexplorer of Samu - haha you're such a gay bassturd lmao, good seeing ya again, cool to hear you had a great time

Ninja of Socks - Awesome showin up, an HL2DM talk I enjoyed haha, hope to frag witcha soon, good stuff.

Snap crackle Pops - good stuff comin here, though, understandably, I sensed almost a complete lack of excitement in seeing me again though. what can ya do I guess ^+^

Cactuario! - Aswesome avatars..and awesome Marth (as hard as that is nowadays). We still need to play.

Wario Knight - Good stuff defending NYC against the evil Midwest invaders! lmao (j/k midwest <3)

PC Piss!..& Piss! - Winning as expected from such a powerhouse, but nothing less of amazing though, keepin your Smash sword razor-sharp, and cutting fools to ribbons along the way!

Tetra Thunder - Holy caped-monkeys Tetra, look! We didn't fight in tourney!...wow...But I wanted your ***....badly.

Cort - Not one for..polite social riff-raff...are you? >_>

KIRBY YATTO SAN! - You're awesome man. Crazy choice in Doc! Didn't see it coming. Yo man, I gotta come through around your way one of these days and chill, go breakin, hit the club and bug out!

Korean Pajamas! - Finally got to play you, perhaps I didn't disappoint, hm?

Zang power drink! - You're a dumb beast!, and with all honestly VERY fun to fight. So smart..good matches man, too good.

Tinky Poo - What can I say? a hammer a day keeps the Foxes away!

Dopey Lopes - Y'know I immediately noticed that what you played didn't impress you or something. I also knew that no matter how well I did, you'll always think Joel is better anyway, which is cool, honestly =] Perhaps next time we may play again.

Deadly Alliance (taken literally, B!tch3s...) Good stuff! Just like back in the days.

And...especially....BUM!

BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM!

BEST GAUNTLET EVER!

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
This Tournament was AWESOME!!!!! THERE IS NO BETTER LOCAL TOURNAMENT OUT THERE THAN GAUNLET!!!! ZANG IS THE CAMPER Genius!! GOOD STUFF!!! BUM, YOU ARE THE DK!!! I LOVE YOU MANNN!!!!!! PC...you a MONSTER!! lol. CONGRATS TO ALL WHO MADE TOP 5 and THANKS TO ALL WHO SHOWED UP. IT WAS A GREAT TOURNAMENT and I HOPE to see MORE PROS and people from all over the US COME together to have another insane SMash TOURNAMENT. MIDWEST ya are CRAZY sharp!!! BUT EAST COAST IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS. WE ARE THE HIGH TIERS!!! TRAILER, your Ice climbers are lil MONSTERS!! LOL NEXT TIME I HOPE TO SEE CREW BATTLES! D.A. THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME AND IF YAA NEED ANY cube or anything for a tournament I will contribute. THANKS YOU!!!!! FOR A GREAT TIME!!!

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea my bad i didn't know the ice climbers name but good stuff that was amazin 2 see them lil guys bust my *** lol.dire u alwayz do an upset lol crazy stuff.yo we 4 sure need more tournaments like that serious itz great 2 see everyone 2gether n see pro people actually come we need more events like that.oni163 is my aol name lol n i live in the bx

D1

Banned via Administration
w/ the great turnout we had yesterday lets hope the next Gauntlet attracts more OoSeRz ^_^.

-__-

Smash Ace
-__- thanks to SUM1 I DIDNT GO jee thanks jay i wanted to show off Pichu even tho ya not rdy for him :-p lol BUM LIES I ASK HIM COUNTLESS TIMES TO TRAIN N HE REJECTS ME CUZ IM TOO NICE 4 HIM LMFAO

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I can't really associate faces with smashboards names well so just the main ones I played with and such.

PC: TY for the housing, you try too hard to make me feel comfortable even though back in China we are used to having nothing. (Just kidding) Thanks a bunch though and grats.

Cort: Thanks for knocking me to losers, if I beat Javier you'd knock me out again so really I was just taking the pleasure of beating me from you by losing.

Blue: We did very well in teams, get better for singles though. Thanks for driving and your random comments made the trip fun. ^_^

Zoso: Did so bad on teams somehow with cactuar which is odd but you did well in singles. You're probably driving home now and then going to work, have fun with that.

Kip: Too good, I still can't take that falco out. So close every game, just one bair away and I can't do it. Thanks for not saying bye by the way. Chris's grandmother thought I was you on our way out... -_-

The Pope: Nice matches! >_>

Silven?: Samus is really good, I had to camp lasers against you and both matches were very close. Good stuff.

Jack: You're pretty crazy... nice matches even though you let me win by going ness final round. That first round though my controls were a little wack my first two lives but I didn't wanna unplug/plug my controller until your first death. *Johns*

Javier: Nice matches, I don't know why I picked FD for a falco vs marth on our final match when I know I can't avoid grabs... Good stuff, your crazy tipping skills are amazing. I was happy when you said I was too good even if you were just kidding. ^_^

D1: I'm surprised me + blue beat you guys in teams. He told me later that you guys thought I was a random scrub so in essence I mindgamed you guys without even trying.

Dope + Tink: 5 stocked us in teams oh wells. You guys are mad cool though.

Dave + Bum: 4 stocked us in teams oh wells. You guys are also mad cool. Dave is kinda weired, slapping me with a dildo/making me sign it even though you don't know me and grabbing my chin randomly outside at the end...

Good stuff everyone, great tournament.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Dave's got a thing for asians from CT, since he can't get lil he goes for the only other option available, which is you.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
yo this gauntlet was by far the best one. ya hit the jackpot with the venue so everyone else lets help DA keep this venue.

SHout outs to every1 i played in teams, dire, jay, cactuar, ZoSo, and the ones that beat us Dave and bum. i hate u guys lol. nah but good **** bum u did wat u said. u came and *****, defended NY and i respect that. sorry i couldnt stay for singles. i hadent slept in like 2 days and i knew i would've fell asleep in a match. but yea im out.

Cort

Apple Head
Yep full results would be nice. Also if someone could email me the tournament maker 2 files so I can run it through neal's tournament program to get the results online and stuff, that'd be great.

raserucort [at] gmail [dot] com

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
yo dave is definitely a beast. definitely. but papa hansen will be practicing all that crazii **** u taught me. it was mad fun hanging out with u midwest ppl and team pleasey for two days. dope and tink u guys are definitely pretty godly in teams. and yea i almost fro'd dave lol definitely. and trial, ur ICs are beastly in singles. u 2 stocked my fox in that friendly **** lol. and lemon no one is taller than u dude. congrats to pc, bum, and zang too good.

KirbySan

Smash Cadet
Oh Em EFF GEEE this tournament was BEAST! dispite the fact that i spent like countless hours driving to boston den to dires and he wasnt there and i had to drive into the city and boogie with the taxis and 2 hours looking for a parking spot. u can guest how beat i was :-o cant walk!!

it was good to see everyone it was a good tournament it was super crowded but lots of good players. im suprised at my placing in singles i woudnt think id make it far but i tried my best.

teams teams i love teams we got 3rd but next time its 1st ;)

DIRE - GOOD **** SON KIDS NUTS AFTeR THE DEFEATION OF TINK. :O crazy match son. good breaking skills i see improvemnt in that. it be good **** if u come down for a weekend or someting in the future i show u around this piece of joint.

KDJ - its all good u were handicapped but still kicked some serious ***. ill get my techs back and ill show u some seriousness from my arsenal. :D NINJA TURTLES!! REVeNGE

ZOSO - good **** in ur placng this tournament was **** hard, u pulled through tho and u got higher than me :-o

ZANZABAR - good to see u again man.. its been yearsssssss come bacck doctor zang i will never forget that match!!!! jk i forgot.. i remmebr to ban it next time and why u ban FD???? Falco good on FD!!

Port Chester Christopher - good job sir always good **** at tournaments. im coming for u at OAK!

Cort - good stuff that match vs cactaur i got scared! haha

Kip - jackie chan! jk kids good even tho i didnt gett to play u haha

Wes - i didn play u, ur team got lucky son. lucky i didnt pull out my secret doc weapon it wouda been over! ;P good **** with the tournament ill be down for more action but with me taking the title :D

DA - good **** all! Jay, my brothers miss u too we all needa come down and watch the new ninja turtles together that be some sicko **** hahaha. grabs throw up slash! downsmash.... real **** BUM - good DK that **** looks scary i take ur advice and play at ur best! i did and i lasted :-o next time i need to play u and see what i can do :p KUBUU - good ****! too bad i no went clubbing wiht u and Compton haha it wouda been fun

DAVE - that killer dill is funny **** :-o nice civic son but my **** would burn that car jk u need to teach me some smash tricks u were teaching mr falco at phenix :-o

I have some more but im too tired to say more i shall return tomorow. good fight, good night!

Phenix - thanks for housing. kool **** mangz and ur bro who reminds me of Dave, hes like Dave in the new generation. funny stuff.

the others that were housed at phenix - good **** nice meeting yall.

Midwest - DooOooOOPE good stuff !! good to see you Tink, Trail, viper and the others. it was fun hanging out with yahll. cant wait for catabolismical tournament! :D good placing in teams tink and DOoOpE u guys lucky i didnt pull out my doc on that space animal u wouda see my small pox blanket put you to sleep :D

More to come

BIG C

Smash Master
guys some questions

who did tink lose to ?
did dire beat tink in tourny?
who did dopey lose to?
and when did cactuar get good? at FC6 i beat that fro what the no offense cactuar torpedo ball partners fo life!

Cort

Apple Head
Tink lost to Dav3 and then Dire in losers. Dope lost to PC and then Trail in losers.

Cactuar has been getting much better since he started playing (which was relatively not that long ago). He plays m2k a lot and has a lot of potential as a great Marth player...

We all sucked when we first started playing.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
*blush*

Yeah... I was really bad back at FC6. I only started playing smash in January 2006 and first learned about the advanced stuff that March. I went to my second tournament ever in June? (My first was the first MLG of the season in March, where I couldn't even wavedash and L-Cancel yet and I just wanted to see the level of play in person)

I think Cort gives me a little more credit than I deserve though :laugh:

When are we getting full results?!?

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
Soooo.. this was definitely one of the best Gauntlets ever. The venue was soo cool and there was breathing room and places to sit. And just yeah. <3 AND A CUTE DOGGIE. >_O

Anywho. It made me really miss the smash scene and I'm hoping to bring my gameplay back up and look forward to entering the next one since I didn't have cash etc to enter this one.

Uhmm it was good seeing everyone again.

D1- - Oh maaaan. Its been a while and its always fun to get beat by you. xD Thanks for taking care of NeoN's cube we missed it so much! We were like "Omg the gamecube!!"

Cort- - Awww hope you had a happppppyyy birthday! Loool ice cream cake = Impossible to cut with plastic knife. XD I wish I could've gotten to play you but alas, argh. >_> You owe me your MS account. j/kj/k xD

PC- - Loool your hair is so long! HOW DO YOU SEE? It was covering your eye more than half the time! Crazy stuff. I always enjoy watching you play. XP

Dope- - Hahaha hope you liked Gauntlet. It was nice meeting another yaoi crew member. Which reminds me I need to get the hub back on my comp (Darn reformatting). But wow. xP Everyone is so good. Makes me wanna get better. I hope to see you at future Gauntlets. ;D Sorry I don't really talk much. Shy. wtf.

DA- - Thanks for holding the tourney and such a great and organized one! I love you guys. You guys always make the event fun no matter what venue we are in. Wes, I just love your Samus. kthx.

Dennis and Javier- - Looool. Dennis, yes welcome to the "We're going to hog the laggy tv cause we didn't enter bwuhahaha" Nice Pichu. <3 *does Pichu taunt* Yeaaah the best taunt in the game beotch. And Javier you best wtf. That Marth just looks annoying, good thing I don't/didn't have to play it. GOD. But black nailpolish? How about pink? I think it fits you better. xD

Laaaaast but not least..

NeoN- - Wtf. We brought f---ing sandwiches and a thermos with coffee oh yeaaah. And gummy bears. But yeah. I love you. <3 Thanks for bringing me to Gauntlet cause you know I'd prolly wouldn't go without you. And thanks for doing your best to try to keep me into the game and away from MS. Loool. AND YES I DO LOVE THE GAME STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE I DON'T. And I hope I'm not a hassle to take the to the tourney. And I love teaming with you. And we know we still pwn, in some way or another. XD

If I forgot you, Ima sorry.

Who wants the crappy pictures? They didn't come out to good and I didn't take many since the battery diiiied. But if you guys want them I'll post them.

Top Bottom