• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA Presents the return of Gauntlet: WHO CAN WIN IT ON MARTIN LUTHERS DAY (JAN.14th )

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
WERE BACK *****S WITH A NEW GAUNTLET LET SO PPL POST UP

A NEW LOCATION:226 WEST 4 STREET AT 7TH AVE NEW YORK, NY 10009
NAME OF PLACE IS : " NYCLAN" THERE WEBSITE WWW.NYCLAN.NET

That being said, here are the Gauntlet rules as usual:

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination

•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals best of 5 and finals best of 7.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0% on a random stage.

•20 bux entrance fee for singles

•20 bux entrance fee for each team 10 bux for each teammate

Single Stages

•Single stages on random select: yoshi story, fountain of dreams, pokemon staduim, battlefield , dreamland, dk 64, final destination

•counter pick stages : brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk64, final destination, rainbow cruise Mute City, green greens,onett, jungle japes and poke floats

•Stages banned: venom, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, green greens ,Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, yoshi’s island and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams Stages

•Stages on random select: pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, dreamland yoshi story, final destination, Stages at Random

•Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's story 64, Kongo Jungle great bay, fourside, venom ad yoshi’s island, fountain of dreams AND MUTE CITY( cuase of lag)

•Counter Pick Stages :peaches castle , brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, onett, mk2, rainbow cruise, green greens, jungle japes ,poke floats
final destination,dk64and battlefield

•Other Rules - Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

•Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

•Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

•Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match .NEW RULE!!!

•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES

•Knock out rule: players on both sides are allowed to knock out 1 stage out of the whole set whether its on the random select or counter picks stage list

•also the stage on random select cannot come more then once only the counter picked stages can .

•cash prizes: cash prizes depends on how many people participates in the events the money is then divided by the top 3 places in singles and 2 in teams

(1vs1)singles: 1st: 70% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot, 3rd 10% of pot
(2vs2)teams: 1st: 80% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot if there is enough teams there will be a 3rd place THEN IT WILL BE 70 20 10

*THE TOUREY WILL START AT 12:00pm SHARP teams 1st then singles last everyone be there by 12:00pm or else*

registration starts at 10:00 to 11:00 and ends at 12:00

*TEAMS WILL START 1ST THEN SINGLES AFTERWARDS SO DONT BE LATE*
-Once $$ is taken AND given to the owner of the place to take his/her cut NO REFUNDS can be made.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

If anyone has any questions, IM or PM me.
Hope to see you all there!!

TOURNEY STARTS AT 12 AIGHT PPL BE THERE OR E SQUARE

TOUNERY DATE IS JAN 14TH ON SUNDAY

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
is this the same spot i dropped u and kubuu off?? if so wtf has all the parking gone for tourneys. ***** this **** sounds tight but come on distribute the $ evenly. Its not going to be fair for me going to the tourney ****** teams with bum and getting 80 % of the $.......It also wont be fair for me to go to this tourney and **** singles and get 70 %!!!!! How about this......how about we distribute the $ for the top 20 places :-D Everyones happy now and we can all stand up for black power on this wonderful day. Think about it if martin luther king was not shot up by the bloods then we would not be talking right now. BLACK + WHITE = RIGHT!

WUTANG

Papa Dav3.....PS PM me anyone if you guys know where they are hosting gears of war tourneys....

WUTANG!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
What day is it? Month, number, day of the week please.

I'd go if someone is willing to drive at least part of the way there. I don't trust my driving in NY.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
uh oooh, Gauntlet's BACK!

It's a reynold's!

Alejandro, 10 bucks money match. Step up.

D3m0n, 10 bucks money match. Step up too.

Game time beeches.

D1

Banned via Administration
Wow this is obviously 2nd best to hearing that Jesus came back fo sho. I love DA! Um 60/30/10 sounds fair for singles at least if a person gets 2nd they could feel like they won something...na'mean son? D UNITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Red Bull FTLose.

BUM163

Smash Lord
**** dire u got straight shut down from ale lol.yo me n dave is takin teams hardbody n dave u know i'm comin strong in the singles tourney so don't think it gona b easy papa lol.yo we need like a league like a basketball league 4 smash bros where they keep records n do interviews n a whole bunch of stuff.i wanna throw a smashfest soon so people if ya wanna train wit me or wateva let me kno n yo dave that gears of war is sickenin n i'm bak in my socom combine assaults

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
OHHHHH YYEEEEAAAHHHH

NY is finally getting its **** back together. I got all Winter Break to brush up on my smash skills, so I should be ready to get myself 4-stocked. I can't wait. And I think I've been to the tourney location before; it's actually pretty nice. I think that the TVs lag a little bit though. Might want to check up on that, Wes. They were using Samsung 4:3 HDTV CRTs, if I recall.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I'm not going to be coming to this but I just wanted to say that I hope that you guys get some of this **** on tape and put it on the web.

D1

Banned via Administration
Jennuh!!¡!¡! Haven't seen you in ages girl!!¡! I still got ur GC safe n sound. ^_^♭

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
Jennuh!!¡!¡! Haven't seen you in ages girl!!¡! I still got ur GC safe n sound. ^_^♭
yo that remind me d1 neon told me a while ago for u to giveme his cube since he wasnt using it and he knew i needed a cube and still do.U can ask him ursself.

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
yo that remind me d1 neon told me a while ago for u to giveme his cube since he wasnt using it and he knew i needed a cube and still do.U can ask him ursself.
Well we plan to pick it up at the Gauntlet or sometime soon since he kinda wants his GC back. So I dunno about that anymore. Lol.

HIIII D1!!!! Yes its been awhile. School sucks. >_O

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Alejandro, totally lose respect for that.

*shrug*

BTW it's a NEW venue, TVs are not laggy.

So Fox happy people rejoice!

Maybe Demon will be a man.

Top Bottom