• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA Presents the return of Gauntlet: WHO CAN WIN IT ON MARTIN LUTHERS DAY (JAN.14th )

Cort

Apple Head
Yeahh post pictures. I think I'm finally not feeling lazy so I can shoutout finally.

Port Chester Christopher - Thanks a lot for the housing as usual, it's always a gigantic blast with the hours of friendlies and random conversations. And then Port Chester diner after was heart-cloggingly amazing, can't wait to do it all again sometime in the future. Too good as always.

Brookman - ...You didn't come, and you know what I'm gonna say.

Blue - Thanks for driving. Practice up and keep playing with the rest of CT, you'll definitly get better.

Nus - Dang, you did pretty well. Keep practicing up and playing, you'll become a mini PC someday.

ZoSo - It was definitly fun having you around, hope you learned a bunch of random things after the tournament.

Kip - Wow, the PC stock aura worked for you. I'm sad I missed your last match with Ryan. It was really fun teaming and playing at PC's.

Kore and J one one one - Thanks for the Birthday beatings and letting me win that one tourny match. Always fun to play and watch you **** everyone... can't wait to see you again next weekend at SNF3. Bring your glasses.

Hayato - You forced Zang to gay you with Corneria.. that has to say something haha. Kids too good. Good ish in teams with KDJ. Can't wait to see you at SNF3.

Alejandro/Tetra - Thanks a ton for organizing that birthday cake thing haha, it made the day real memorable and special for me. Easily the best gauntlet and to top it all off everyone sang happy birthday to me too. Dang you guys destroyed us in teams after we were up like 2 stock.. then we never took a stock LOL I don't even know what happened.

Cactuar - :( You can be pretty mean at times LOL Anyway, grats on 5th you've gotten a lottt better since Smashtality 2. All that m2k training paying off finally, you've also gotten a ton smoother. Keep it up, soon I won't be able to take a match off. *picks up Marth* Thanks for buying the plates and utensils. <3

Snap Pop - Haha thanks for being so nice and helping me cut my cake with plastic knives -_-; It was great to finally meet you, you and Zang did really well in teams.

Jennuh/Victor - Always nice to see you guys at tournaments. I didn't wanna give you my MS account T_T; Oh well atleast you saw me playing well vs Oni >=] Wish we played atleast once...

Zanguzen - Lol what is this Corneria garbage atleast I know what stage to ban against you if we ever play. You have enough talent to actually attack people, why not use it?

Dav3 - I'm kind of sad you never slapped me with your dildo. Thanks for being the life of the tournament and always being fun to be around and whatnot.

Wes - ***** DONKEY KONG THINKS FALCOS A BANANA. WATCH OUT HE'S GONNA SHOOT YOU. Wow, easily the funniest smasher on the planet. I'm sad we didn't have to fight in tournament, would have been really fun.

Dire - Too funny also, I guess I don't enjoy small talk all that much. >_> Good SHIIT in teams, seriously. You guys were down like almost 3 stock that match on MK2 and then you go and even it up in a matter of like 2 parachutes, a throw and a fsmash... Good ish beating Tink too.

Tink - Glad to finally meet my Polish brother. Good ish in teams with Dope, I thought dual Foxes sucked till I saw what you did to KDJ/Hayato... Yeah you should have spammed Dire LOL We needed to play some friendlies.

Dope - We never met oh well :( See you at Cataclysm 3, hopefully we can play.

Bum - I'm definitly picking up DK as you are an inspiration. Good stuff in teams with Dav3, and holy ish you did good in singles. Coming straight into the losers bracket and taking 2nd... wow. Hope we play next time.

Rest of DA - Congrats on running such a successful Gauntlet, probably the best one to date.

That Asian lady that worked at NYCLAN - <3

Everyone else who I forgot - Sorry there were so many people there... Also I hate it when people know who I am and I donno their name, please make an effort to introduce yourself and stuff haha

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That Asian lady that worked at NYCLAN - <3
:laugh:

I was just want to say "GOOD SHIT" to Wes's brackets for helping me place way, way higher than I should've.

Wonderful tournament. I look forward to the sequel.

EDIT: TAG is too good.

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I almost never do Shoutouts but I will because this was by far the best Gauntlet.

First of Ima say that I thought this wuld be just another gauntlet because of the way that it started with everyone outside waiting for the venue to open but I was happy to see Blaine and Kubuu gather everybody up to oraganize the Singles and Doubles bracket while we were waiting. But it eneds u being the best gauntlet yet!

Alejandro- Man good **** On teams man, we did really good, took off a match on both teams we lost too and got 5th place, I can't be dissapointed in our performance, plus it was all mad fun.

LIBF- Good getting to u know u better man, yu are getting alot better of a smash player

PC- Haha good **** man u definitly rebounded from last week at festicle comming through wit a crazy win. It's all over next week in R.I.

Bum- I have to say I'm amazed at ur silver medal victory, but what is even more astonishing is your way to take over the crowed having everyone in the venue screaming BUm seriously, thats the type of sotry u had to be there to beleieve it, it was incredible.

Dire- Yehh wtf the bracket musta been wrong cause we didn't play. LOL, amazing **** beating Tink, either thier or no tiers in this game or u r God, which one is it??

Hayato- Glad to my my OC2 Teamate again, mad funn hanging out wit u again broo, deadly shiek haha

Cactuar- Man the **** u do is one of the things that make me love this game, an unheard of person pretty much just ripping through the bracket and u did very well against PC u had the lead most of that match on FoD. And good **** beating me, I'm amazing! lol j/k but yehh u r to good

Tink- I'm sorry i culdnt put up a better fight in our singles match but w/e u wuld beat me even at my best. Teams were too good too i thought we could have stolen 1 more victory

Dope- Haha teams were mad fun, thinking back on it now we def shulda blazed in my car man, haha

Trail- Deadly ICs man, mad fun to play peoples from the MW

Wes- Didn't get to play or watch any of ur matches but nice GJ getting 5th, I wonder if u used link?? (Watch out hes gonna shoot u!!!)

Comp- Rochester baby

Poop- Haha funny name but u and ur partner r a good team with those rest grab combos lol, good **** mann

Zang- you have my heart forever and after... lol haha j.k man u r crazy u dont play for 6 months and get third u r too good

Dave- Did u really buy a Dildo and make everyone sign it?? u shuld be a comedian bro

Cort- Happy birthday man I'm glad I was able to contiribute on ur special day haha

Kip- Crazy comeback win lol too good

KDJ- Man i know u culdnt see nethin, so u literally shined me blind during our team matches haha play on words.... nah but good man u r too good dude

SO many other mans all of Killer Fleet, D1 and all the others that i see at every gauntelt now great seeing u too much fun cant wait for the next one!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ima shoutin' mah lazerz!!1

Christopher Kun- Tooo goooood. grats mangz. Thanks for the housing again and amazing time, and amazing diner, and amazing gunstar heroes, and amazing weather effects. gg.

Cortles Mc'Lurtles- Weeee. Good **** son, go play some FF and grind off cactuars.

Nusbirdcrap
- Oh mangs Lazer gunz go pew pew pew ftw! Very good job in singles too.. i think i did bad in singles cus i was lacking your asian aura that gives me my power.

Zoooey da Boooey- Your foot tastes bad.

PCCCCC KIIIIIPPP TOOOMALZORZ
- I love you. Dont forget to get your shields repaired on your arwing XD

Korean D'Jizzle
- KALABUNGA? lawl. we got pizza. like the ninja turtles>_> .. get your glasses fixed and resume your asian pwnage XD hopefullys ill see ya next saturday

D-d-d-d-dd-d-d DIRE and watch
- Nice to see you bro, fun talkin n **** but we still havent played rofl :(

Doperblades- Lawl at you using the BLU tag. sorry for it failing you in finals :( but.. pc has resistance to blue. i forgot to tell you >.> / we win at beating scrubs in teams.

Zanzabaguzen- Nice to see you again, i knew you couldnt quit :p - grats on 3rd and gl w/ skewl

DEEEEEEICHIII- Nice to see you man, your a really cool guy, and yayyuhs we totally mindgamesd you in teams cus you thought i was the better one buahaha

Duhedly Allyence
- Tooooooo geeewwwddddd. Mad props on running the tourney, went very well, well organized, whole deal. goood ****

My shoutouts are lacking. but its 620am so im going to go to bed now. kbai

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
good tourney

congrats to da first off for finally holding a good tourney that was organized and didn't smell like onions. I loved the venue but loved the parking even more. Not paying for parking is greater than all.

zang I luv ur blak *** stay rich.

bum....mr I'm not ready for mlg GREAT WORK. I loved seeing you hug trail all day. he kept hugging me so u showed the love right back.

kdj= wtf happened in our match, ***** went ssj5 and wooped my ***. I seen dj put an asthma pump on afterwards. lol. good job and thnx for comin.

pc= paids *****.....good clux u still suxors though =p. cancun mofo!!!

midwest, good job mofos. drink em drinks and smoke em smokes b4 the tourney lol. see you all soon. and pass on the dildo adventures.

kate and sock. I love u guys and ur shoes were ubr cool

love u all, papa dav3

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
Since some people were interested in seeing the pics here they go. They were taking with my cellphone so they're not all that great and the really dark ones were taken in the other room where there was this weird green light so those didn't come out well. x_X And they are all extremely random. =3 There would've been more if my battery didn't die. D; Not gunna say much about every pic. >O

The bday cake! =D

I thought the walls there were really amazing. They had comics like that posted all over the entire venue.

This picture does not show the massive crowd that gathered to see this match. Lol. And after this picture is when my phone died. Lool.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Nus it was really nice playing with you, I truly underestimated you

Jenna/Neon Nice playing vs you guys in teams. That laggy tv was so annoying though

Pika Pika good pikachu, you surprised me with your downb accuracy a few times

SockNinja...***** me, I owe you more decent matches

Starz GJ against WES. I think he stopped taking you lightly when he realized you and him were on the same stock HEE!

Dave nice matches I really wanted to play your Falco though :(

DJ Nintendo/WarriorKnight great Bowsers but you see....Samus can break their shields if she wanted to so be careful for next time I fight you guys ;)

Rios...Ehh Nice match..?

Jigglypuff player that almost beat me you are pretty amazing....We should team for a tourney sometime....

Cort...Yah you are Psychic...your peach is somehow two steps ahead of me alllwaizzz

KDJ I guess you were playing around too much vs me but the matches were fun. Now I see what seperates you from other sheiks...no stupid fooling around and fancy tricks just goes straight to the point and does damage

SamusExplorer....wtf stop getting drunk and playing Smash LMAO. Good job beating Cort though and nice seeing you. You always help lighten my mood with your quirkiness

Zang....yah we never get to play *sigh*

Kip nice Fox/Falco I wish I could have 1v1'd it

Trail seriously Good matches...I didn't believe you when you said your IC's were off that day cuz it looked to me like you were ****** a whole bunch of people when you were on that one tv...And yah you were sandbagging in our matches you were hardly paying attention lol looking away each second and you didn't even use your main :(

D1 I didn't see much of you playing but GGz I guess :-\

Alejandro/Tetra Nice playing vs you in teams...you learned how NOT to chase a Samus off the edge in one of those matches huh ;) LOLz you and him killed yourself trying to get to me. ROFL!!! I should be the new master of evasion, I think DJ Nintendo already has that title though :( darn

Dmon...didn't show up

Kurt...nice teaming with you, your Peach did some helpful stuff at times thanks for keeping them locked down with Dsmash rofl!!!

Kubuu nice seeing you there, I didn't see much of your link though... suxx :-\

Comp....braids ..? Dam shun, it looks better on you that it ever did on me :(

Everyone else nice seeing you guys although it was a bit crowded and uncomfortable at times, especially the part where you got guys rubbing their ***** on your groin while they're passing through the small *** corridor. The venue is great though...for standard turnouts but definitely will be a problem when more people start attending...

On a side note...I didn't know that girl was snap pop.? Dam I always wanted to play her too....sux.

ALSO I lost my hat there......if anyone finds it MAIL THAT ****!!! :laugh: JP I'll get a new one. I liked that hat though....DAM!!!

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
some shout outs

Thx to blaine and kubuu and the rest of Da for hosting another gauntlet , the venue is perfect good job guys =)

Wes- good job on teams =) bad luck in singles lol learn sheik again .
Cactuar- good mathes , work on that running PS to grab combo lol, good seeing u again.
Bum- LOL crazy monkey man , only person to take a match off of me in singles crazy **** u had the crowd going like crazy good sh*t.
CT crew- always good seeing u guys ur welcome back anytime , nus play more friendlies with me, blue we need to play period <_< cort happy bithday and zoso the diner is too good.
MW Crew- good seeing u guys hopefully we'll see eachother and got some more matches in at CAT3
Kdj- see u in the finals at OAK, oh wait darc is there *sweats*
Dave- LOL that falco was looking fast again good **** beating tink always good seeing u papa LOL
Dire- craaaaazy LOL ur edge guarding scares me, hopefully i can attend a smash fest sometime so we can finally play again
hayato- 2 good man , u were ****** me in teams u still got it , LOL that sushi looked delicious
kip- pc stock is too good , u had a gay bracket that tho dont worry
Alejandro- getting 2 good man , had some close matches
Tetra- i saw u at school today =) seeya this weekend
warriorknight- pretty crazy characters LOL ur 2 good
Sock- good seeing u again =) LOL ill get ur cube to u somehow -_-
Jack- seems liek u got a lot better nice job, good seeing u again also
Everyone else always good being in NYC/ NY love the local scene were 2 good LOL see everyone at the next gauntlet <3 sorry if i forgot anyone its been 2 days my mind is rusty

BUM163

Smash Lord
sum tournament this was.if anyone know when there is gonna b anotha tournament please let me know.my aol name is oni163.can't wait 4 the next gauntlet

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol u destroy me that was crazy hot that 0-death combo thatz when i knew u greatly improved.good stuff man serious.my aol name is oni163

shirryuoni

Smash Apprentice
great tournament DA. gauntlets back for good now right? and bum is too good taking second. Dire is too good at upsets. brinstar f t w dire xD Needless to say good **** for PC auto pilot chris. But good **** PC.

And full results please?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
what a fun time.

pc - we shoulda played. i really wanted you in brackets. not that i would have won, but it would have been good stuff.

kdj - fun matches. see how much better i was when i powered up? lol...

wes - too fun, sir. we'll have to play again soon.

bum - you ***** me. now aren't you glad i wouldn't let you forfeit to me?

everyone that we stayed with - thanks a ton for the housing. wouldn't have been able to do this stuff without you. thanks for showin us around and i think we all had a blast. that AK47 was amazing and i wish i would have bought some train wreck, lol... anyway, if you guys are ever in the midwest, you've always got some places to stay.

in the end, all i can say is good games, new york. us midwesters got ***** this time around, but we'll be back in full force for cat3. :)

Dopey

Smash Lord
what can i say? ny is the best place in the world for smash!

we/blaine/rest of da - thanks for hostin this, def not run the smoothest, but i think u guys did a hellova job with only like 8 tvs there and no room to move lol. too bad we didnt get to chill as much =/ oh well i guess we leave that for nex time

dennis - yo man cant thank you enough for the housing, thats the real deal right there. loll but yea dennis proved once again NY has the coolest smashers/ppl that hang with smashers in all the game. look at these hot boyz!

PC/sock/jack/snap - nice seein u an sock n jack n snap n everyone again, its too bad you guys couldnt chill after =/ wanted to get in some revenge friendlys! snap we got our team matches in ^^ maybe nex time we can get in some matches with pc an wes n show em how to play teams =p. next time tho, 4sho. good stuff on singles and teams pc, just dont get too comfortable on teams, u kno me an tinky are gonna come back out there ^^

haytoooooo - little buddyyy! good chillin with the biggest arms on a little guy again LOL! too bad we couldnt go to the clubs =/ ill have my ID nex time, i wanna see u take someone down in a battle!!!

im too tired right now to think of some more, everyone i chilld with u kno who u are, mad fun times. MW guys we did alright for having gamecubes in the closet, nex time.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
anyone get any vids?if i wouldve gone i wouldve definetly had alot of vids bext tine theres a tourny i might be recording matches for everyone but ill be charging a small fee about 50 cents per match pm me if ur interested

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Ok so I wanna shout out

Tetra-<333 My MLG buddy always fun teaming with you, we gotta get together and work on our ****

Cort-Happy Bday bud, we should team one time Double peach would eat everyone.

DA-Great venue, good time, luv ya guys

Dope, Tink, Trail- Ah good seeing you guys, good **** on teams, I'll beat you next time trail :p

PC- You're too kind. I luv playing with ya

Wes- Yo, when are we gonna play son? We need to set that up.

Bum-<33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 Yeah you know.

KDJ- We didnt really play much but, fun seeing you

Zang- I'm glad we met, we definately gotta play.

All people me and tetra played in team- You all were too good, I underestimated a lot of ya.

Everyone is getting so good, makes me wanna quit WoW and play smash hardcore!

EmperorTFGM

Smash Apprentice
Excellent Gauntlet and it will only get better

It was great to see all you guys again. Actually it was funny and very entertaining to see all you guys again. Your the only console community outside of Halo that is very consistant and social. Thats not to rip down other games but it does set a measuring stick for other game communities to aspire to. Right now the next Gauntlet is in the works for sometime in Feburary. It will be posted the minute everything is squared away.

I guess this is where I give the shout outs.

Dav3 - I see that your still in the game and enjoying the events and thats good. See you next tournament .

D1 - That was random that I bumped into you but at least I know that I'll see you at the next Gauntlet and we can just chill and talk smack.

KDJ - Nice to meet you in person. Good games as well. I think if you had your Glasses personally the out come of some of your matches would have been very different.

Zang - lol you and Dav3 are a hillarious duo and always bring a great rivalry to the Gauntlet. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Tetra - One of the coolest gamers I know, we have to chill as well next gauntlet.

Poo - Still crapping on people. lol. Good seeing you man.

DJ Nintendo - Mario Kart DS is broken we all know this, whats really good in Tetris DS?

Noel - What more can I say but Hail.

Smash Community: Its good to see that you all came out. In the future we will be holding Gauntlets and 1 seperate Smash tournament that has a twist to it. You'll love it as well. Its not crews its not teams. Its a combination of singles and getting the whole community to face off against the Empire for cash prizes, points and some other stuff. I'll post all the info when I got it ready. Trust me if you love the Gauntlet then you're going to love this just as much.

NYCLAN - Thanks for your help at the Event. Like I said to you before this is the new home of the Empire so a lot of our events will be run through your place. There is more and more to come in the immediate future.

...and finally.

Deadly Alliance - You guys have come a long way. Since the days of Neutral Ground when I first met you all. I remember that talk that I gave you all outside in front of the building. Some of the things I said were a bit rough but it is the over all industry truth. This is not to say that the players are like that but industry does want one image. DA is one of the few versitle groups in terms of skill and nationality in gaming and that is the way it should be. United!

Jack (Samus Ex) - Haven't seen you in a bit man. Yo! you were done when I saw you. But at least you had a good time. See you next Gauntlet.

Jason - You're mad laid back. Whats with this laid back attitude with some of the people in DA. What are you guys doing? Don't answer that lol. See you at the next Gauntlet.

Compton - Didn't get to see you there because I came late. Wait a minute...were you even there? See you next Gauntlet

Dire - Best Game & Watch to date. Good matches, you make the game still worth watching. See you next Gauntlet.

Ron (Phil Bil) - So Picka is your new tournament character. Thats some good stuff that you use with him. Believe it or not if you just play a little bit lamer you will make it far. He's made annoying with his spam electric shot. See you next Gauntlet.

Blaine - How organized would a Gauntlet be without you? It wouldn't. Good work man. See you at the next Gauntlet.

Black Widow - Who would keep Blaine from going crazy or helping him to run the Gauntlet? Good work Valkyrie. See you at the next Gauntlet.

Jay O - Welcome to DA and the Empire. You've been at it for a while and your improvement has earned you the right to stand amoung the East Coast Finest. Hail.

Bum - ... one phrase ... (and its appropriate for you too.) F**king Bananas!!! Good Job! You've shown that DK is up there....well at least your DK with the top teir characters.

PC - True Champion among the other known names throughout gamers in their respective mastery of games like Fatal1ty, Daigo, myself and Justin Wong. Defender of the Empire State from all out of towners. I don't know anyone who does not respect you for what you have done and the personality you have. Chicks should be carrying you into the Gauntlets. lol.

Wes - Ahhh....the leader himself. The core that binds them all. As Alonzo Harris from training day would say, "My *****." No insult intend bro. A champion and true leader you like many in DA have put up with a lot to see DA keep moving. From the haters to the traitors, goods to the bads you have stood the time and directed DA into the right direction. You guys use to be just average to great smashers known throughout the east coast. Now you have worked your butt off to get your unit on MTV to face another nation and win. There is a thin line between being a champion and a leader. It takes a great person to know when to step away from the game for the benifit of others. Hail.

...but of all the members in DA my favorite (nothing personal guys....its just that Hyrule boys have to stick together! lol) THE MAN KU F**KING BUU. Hyrule's champion ******!!!! YEAH BOY :laugh: :psycho: ! Wait until BRAWL. He's going to own you ALL FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!! See you at the next Gauntlet Kubuu. lol.

In closing I would like to thank everyone that came out to the Gauntlet and I hope that you support all the other Smash tournaments. This is not just about the Empire/DA this is about the Smash Brothers community. Even though on a business level it would not be smart to do this, to us at the Empire its about the Greater Gamer Community and Culture. Go out to Killa Fleets tournament and support your local smash tournaments wherever you are in the world. See you all at the next tournament.

PS: Yo....we need more chicks at these tournaments. I'm going to work on that as the next project.

Hail
TriForce
Emperor of Arcadia

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
DJ Nintendo - Mario Kart DS is broken we all know this, whats really good in Tetris DS?
You know I don't blame that wack a$$ puzzle game, lol. Well not for DS, lol. Everyone snakes in Mario Kart DS. I want someone to race me without using items or at least beat my time trials to see who's the better expert driver.

Anyway, the Smash Bouncers (double Bowser team) will return stronger next time. Yo Bum, all I have to say is, WHY?

Jash

Smash Lord
hail triforce lol. nah, but seriously, we cant let the smash community die out, this tournament alone showed what a great community we have and im gonna be expecting everyone at killa fleets tourney!!! lets support ppl.
Yea lets support people. Lets also tell PC Chris to stop winning tournaments. Thats enough support for one day.

Top Bottom