• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D0N goes to pound 4

D0N

Smash Ace
Well guys, I failed pretty hard at pound 4. I lost my controller. To be more specific, I let someone borrow it on melee day and they lost it which affected my game play and attitude lots (legit john). I later lost my phone, but that one was my fault. My pool went like this:

I played KirinBlaze first. He has lots of DK experience from playing Will, one of the top DKs, on top of being one of the best links/marios. I would have been fine with Mario but the only Link experience I had was Scabe. he 2-0'd me in very close games. No controller johns here.

Next I played shadow, one of the best MKs. I SD'd at 0% (controllor... he probly woulda beat me anyway) and he was nice enough to restart the match lol. I lost 0-2, first game was close second game wasnt.

Then I played GIMR, a good IC player who doesnt mess up chaingrabs. I came close, but it was another 0-2. Controller johns, but once again he probably woulda beat me either way

The other two guys in my pool I 2-0'd. A pikachu and an MK.

Teams went ok. I got 33 out of 98. I SD’d twice first match at low percent and we could have beat that team, but we still came up a bit in losers. I teamed with famous (Mario/Luigi). We worked ok together, it was better than Liam but not as good as Splice.

As far as MM's worth mentioning, I lost 0-2 to L-Cancel (Olimar) and I never got to play seagull. I met him melee/brawl+ day, we talked about doing the MM the next day, and I never saw him again. I tried to MM Atomsk Wolf instead but he got in an argument with someone about something and didnt seem to be in a good mood. I'll still do one of them eventually, I was looking forward to them and im sure Ted was too :(. I lost 0-2 to Dekar (diddy) who 3 stocked me, than 2 stocked me. He was just too much for me whether I was on top of my game or not. I lost 0-3 to Will in DK dittos, he is slightly better than me. I also beat slikvik 2-1, then lost 1-2 later in double or nothing.

The experience itself was ok overall, but I stick to my original thoughts: Skillwise US>>Australia, Peoplewise Australia>>US. I did meet some cool people there though. I met Havok briefly who seemed really cool, but didn't meet Oats. Rocky was a better experience imo.

The pools were also unbalanced overall first and 2nd round, but I guess thats understandable since knowing the skill level of about 200 is not easy.

And everyone loved the hat ;)

tibs7

Smash Champion
OMG D0N WUUBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
dekar is pretty legit i know, so much tech skill and mind games rather inspiring.
but you shouldve played adhd or something ehehe, did you get to meet him? is he a little rat kid that everyone says he is?
and yeah kirinblaze is legit 2
much wubz brooo come backk alreadyyyyyy, come to robocopppppyyywoppyy.

Splice

Smash Hero
=) Don! ^_^ <3

Sucks about the controller stuff... I play heaps bad if i've lost anything at all. One time i left $20 that i didnt really need at Afros house before a tournament, played heaps bad...

Sounds like you got greedy with Slikvik haha!
Also is Seagull a GaW main? Just wondering because of something I read earlier...

Shadow sounds like a cool guy.

Also, I'm glad to hear I was a better team mate than one of the best Marios in America for you <3

wubs, I hope you had a great time regardless of the controller and phone loss <3 :)

D0N

Smash Ace
I think I got all of 58 percent first match against Dekar lol... ADHD I saw but didnt really talk to. He's like... I_LAG/Splice sized almost. A little bigger. It's wierd to see him stand while he plays

seagull mains wolf

D0N

Smash Ace
D0N you were cool as hell! Sorry my bro and I didn't have time to show you more magic tricks. Hope you liked what you saw :D

:link:
I almost asked you to do a magic trick to bring my phone back, but I was too amazed by the magic :laugh:. You guys were great.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
aww im sad face that it wasnt an amazing experience for you... i loved it on the livestream O_o

cable is amazing. leech his skill and bring it back here. gg.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea cable... he destroyed me too lol. Only got to play him one game but he's a cool guy. Should have beaten AZ but oh well.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Hi Don. =)

It's a shame you lost your controller and your phone and played bad because of it, hope you get them back soon.

You should come to Robocop, I'm sure a lot of people want you to. <3

It would be great to see you again. =D

tibs7

Smash Champion
AZ isnt to great of a diddy compared to say, adhd/gnes/dekar but he is still pretty good. so beating him wouldve been tough. but yeah god dam n so he really is a little rat kid. apparently he picks up quite a bit so i have respect for him.
and Twin A you're right this isnt the dekar that competed in brawl this one is better <3

tibs7

Smash Champion
its bad he won, now everyone will play as diddy and be like he is da best char in da game mannnZZZ
EVERYONE JOIN THE DIDDY BANDWAGON NOWZZZZ. :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tibs invented diddy, showed it off last decade at rocky
he was diddying before the huge bandwagon
plus he taught adhd

Afropony

Smash Lord
Good to hear from you Don, hope you still enjoyed Pound4 hopefully you can get your phone back :ohwell:.
Sucks about the controller stuff... I play heaps bad if i've lost anything at all. One time i left $20 that i didnt really need at Afros house before a tournament, played heaps bad...
Lol I still haven't found that $20 I'm pretty sure you left it at your house unless my ******* cleaner person stole it from you when we were asleep :mad:.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I left my wallet which had $50 and my yearly train ticket at my holiday house and still can't find it. The only thing stopping me from raging is the fact that when I find it I know I'm going to be really happy :D.

Splice

Smash Hero
Lol I still haven't found that $20 I'm pretty sure you left it at your house unless my ******* cleaner person stole it from you when we were asleep :mad:.
Maybe that other $20 she stole WAS actually my $20!
You should really tell your parents and hire a new cleaner.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I played Dekar (the "Diddy"/American one) back at evo 2009 in an mm and won.

That was when he thought marth ***** diddy and did snake... who he thought ***** marth.
:p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh thats too bad don, but you'll get them next time, as for seagull, he ran away lol meaning your the victor!

D0N

Smash Ace
I played Dekar (the "Diddy"/American one) back at evo 2009 in an mm and won.

That was when he thought marth ***** diddy and did snake... who he thought ***** marth.
:p
I suck against diddy and so does my character. I also dropped fox long ago, pretty much after stigma. That may have been a bad idea... I may pick him back up. Anyway, I think you would have done well at pound, same for a few others. I also probly would have done alot better just so I could knock you out of bracket/outplace you :laugh:

:( too bad you didn't make it out of pools don

tell me more about L_Cancel and what he is like irl
L_Cancel is a really nice guy. And when I say nice, I mean he is the type who may go out of his way to be nice and does everything with a smile. Like a mom lol. Cool guy

Tibs the diddy bandwagon has started already pre pound 4 lol. In terms of him being a really good/annoying character anyway. Still not >MK yet

Alzi

Smash Master
D0N i bet you recorded the Lion fight.

A shame you lost your phone though now we can't see it!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
told you you'd get rusty from playing in australia don, the metagame over here is so **** and underdevoloped compared to over there, but you'll be beasting again in no time bru ;)

D0N

Smash Ace
told you you'd get rusty from playing in australia don, the metagame over here is so **** and underdevoloped compared to over there, but you'll be beasting again in no time bru ;)
I dunno, I hope your right.

Sorry I couldn't give you better experience against Link. D:
You gave me some good exp lol. Its just that Kirin has waaay too much DK exp. He plays against an amazing DK like everyday.

I want to go to Pound 5. Cuss looked amazing.
You should. Bring some others with you too. I'll make sure I go if that happens.

And Chu says hi :)

D0N

Smash Ace
No. No I haven't. There was this guy named 64 (I think) there but I didn't know anything about him until Famous said something about playing him when we were leaving.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Tell some random hobo on the street that I love him. And make sure to hug him and kiss him on the lips for me. You can just say it was from Scabe :p

D0N

Smash Ace
happy ending indeed... -50$ for the replacement phone I already got :laugh:

Top Bottom