• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-infinity poll for D3 users

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This is a poll to confirm how many people who main D3 think his infinite should be banned, and how many think it shouldn't be banned. This refers in no way to D3's chain grab.

Please post your opinion.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What about those of us who don't care either way?

DZLE

Smash Master
Already ranted about it in the "Should D3's Infinite Be Banned?" Poll in tactical today.
As a D3 main, you could read my opinion there.

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure. On one hand, it makes 5 characters almost completely non-viable in torunaments, and on the other hand, Mario, Samus, and Bowser are already rendered mostly non-viable simply because their match ups agaisnt much of the cast are relatively poor, but DK and possibly Luigi likely would be viable tournament characters if the infinite is banned.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If the infinite was banned, people could just go back to doing the small step chaingrab on these characters (except Luigi).

DZLE

Smash Master
If the infinite was banned, people could just go back to doing the small step chaingrab on these characters (except Luigi).
*claps* Fact. Either way, ban the infinite or not, im chain grabbing their ***** either way. And as for luigi? All I need is a big hammer. *checks* ... got one of those...

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lain on rofa's compy

It's stupid. No reason to have infinites on those characters. And I PLAY Dedede

ADHD

Smash Hero
It shouldn't be banned bc brawl is a joke, and it makes the game more funny to see someone who struggles through each matchup with a bad character like mario just get completely annihilated by one little grab once he goes against a random dedede player. Heartless, but funny...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
When MK is banned, D3s infinite is banned, they do the SAME thing, render at least 1/6th the cast useless.

I say, D3s infinite gets banned, BUT, in compensation, MK gets banned, deal?

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
When MK is banned, D3s infinite is banned, they do the SAME thing, render at least 1/6th the cast useless.

I say, D3s infinite gets banned, BUT, in compensation, MK gets banned, deal?
No. Banning a character is completely different from banning a technique.

I think the standing infinite should be banned. The small step is fine, albeit kinda annoying, but it will run out of stage eventually.

I like to think that a player with any sense of pride or honor won't use the infinite. Sure, you play to win, but it sucks the fun outta killing the opp. If you're good enough with D3 you won't need to use it.

I say ban the infinite, and allow only say, 5 or 6 continuous smallstep throws. You'd then have to switch to normal chainthrows (running.)

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
It shouldn't be banned bc brawl is a joke, and it makes the game more funny to see someone who struggles through each matchup with a bad character like mario just get completely annihilated by one little grab once he goes against a random dedede player. Heartless, but funny...
Hahahaha
Don't ban it, just because of this reason.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"It's stupid" is not a reason to ban something.
Get out. You're screwing up the topic, and your aren't involved unless you main D3. The D3 users don't need your help in this matter, this is to find the opinion of D3 users on the infinite, not you.

That goes to all the other non-D3 mainers as well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Of course the D3 players are going to be biased. They're not the ones being tortured to death.

Dedede is already plenty imbalanced enough without the infinite, he doesn't need it. Get rid of it. You people are saying since Bowser, Samus, and Mario suck, we should just let them suck even more? Pathetic. You're just letting Sakurai's pathetic efforts to balance the game suck as hard as they possibly can. DK is actually high on the tier list and perfectly viable, and the chain grab infinite works perfectly against him. This sole thing will cause DK to slowly drop down into mid tier, if that. Do we really want tournies with noone but the top 7, 90% of them being MK and D3? You people make me sick.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
DDD main here.
Ban it.
DDD really does not need an infinite on those few characters to win the match up. Even without the infinite, the matchup is still going to be in favor for DDD.

cutter

Smash Champion
Get out. You're screwing up the topic, and your aren't involved unless you main D3. The D3 users don't need your help in this matter, this is to find the opinion of D3 users on the infinite, not you.

That goes to all the other non-D3 mainers as well.
How am I "screwing up the topic"? rofa gave a ******** reason on why to ban the infinites ("It's stupid") and I pointed out why that was not a viable reason to ban them.

CO18

Smash Hero
lain on rofa's compy

It's stupid. No reason to have infinites on those characters. And I PLAY Dedede
It says lain on rofa's compy.

And this is a very legit reason. It is stupid and there's no need for it, it just creates 5 impossible matchups.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
I really don't care if D3's infinite gets banned or not...but that one moment in that very rare match when my friend is 25% and I'm 152% and is beating me with his Mario and I'm sure I am about to die, then I grab him. In that one second that I grab him he realizes that after all the hard work trying to KO me, all that hard work that he did to build my damage, all the strategies he learned just to use against me, every button combination he kept in his mind only to get me to 1 stock and still beat me significantly in damage, he realizes....he lost. Those moments are the moments that I will remember, those moments are priceless.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It says lain on rofa's compy.

And this is a very legit reason. It is stupid and there's no need for it, it just creates 5 impossible matchups.
This post is the most legitely legittiest legit post evarrrrrrrrrrrrrr, such legitness cannot be legitely matched by its legitologious power of legitinetness. That is legit. I thought that the majority of tourneys (that matter) already banned the infinites.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I bet 90% of you here would NOT want it banned if D3 had bad matchups (normally) against the unlucky 7.

Not to be taken as an insult.

CO18

Smash Hero
I bet 90% of you here would NOT want it banned if D3 had bad matchups (normally) against the unlucky 7.

Not to be taken as an insult.
I still would. If I could infinite metaknight I wouldn't want it. Oh wait I can <3 CO's secrets.

Glick

Smash Lord
It just makes this game 10 times more unbalanced then it already is. Its game breaking, ban it.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
no u guys are all fawken stupid
1. meta isnt being ban
2. small steps arent in tournies that have GOOD people in them,
3. infinites are banned because the screw the game
4. dont say the ic get an infinite because it will be banned soon enough

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i think it should be banned just because i dont want people to complain about it.

i mean if i pick him, a luigi main or a samus main*who i would beat anyway* will just complain and then i have to promise them i will forfeit if i do it just because i'd rather use him against their main.

thats not the real reason, but infinites should be banned

if not... oh well dont really care, but my vote

is YES

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice
i would ban it, honest to god, it doesnt matter, it's much cooler to chain grab into a combo then just to infinite chain grab OVERRRR 9000% then F throw. and plus im pretty sure most of the people who know that mario and bowser and samus can get infi, so if its ban it just gives them a chance to win. even if the margin is small at least its better then ICGRAB > OmGZMaRIoOZ x 9000

Smady

Smash Master
There are other features that are in more important need of bannage - the likelihood of Dedede running into his victims in tournaments is quite low and they would get the same treatment against a good Snake / okay Meta Knight.

Top Bottom