• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
What do you mean, "johns"?

It's a perfectly legitimate argument. The most recent ruleset states that they should have played best of 5, and they didn't. M2K got gayed out of 2-4 grand.

Am I saying that Armada wouldn't have won the set if they continued, or that M2K would have won had he beat Armada? No. But I'm saying he lost the chance to do so because of D.B.R's poor ruling.

Think if this happened to you.

4 GRAND IS NOT A ****ING JOKE, OKAY?

no the rules say that semifinals are b05 semifinals being winners and loser finals, this has already been covered it was not supposed to be a b05 please stfu

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My mind has been blown so much today.

Zhu's feet must be maaaad happy.

I can only imagine the commentary during the videos. HMW<3

ANTi_

Smash Hero
ANTI DEFEATS DARKRAIN IN A FACLON DITTO MM

ULTIMATE-RAZER LOSES TO HAVOK IN BRACKETS

ADHD vs HAVOK COMING UP

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't. Learn to read.

The bracket means that you can seperate the phrases to read "until winners bracket semi-finals are reached, and losers bracket semi-finals are reached."

This does not mean semi-finals of the entire tournament, which is what you and Ankoku are thinking of. It means semi-finals of winners bracket and losers bracket, which means SEMIFINALS, which means they should have played bo5.

And because of this, M2K just got gayed out of 2,000 dollars.

GOOD **** YEAH.
^^Joshis^^

If two people agree to play in a ruleset of their own, they are responsible of the results. To not know the rules don't mean you can't play. For example lots of times banned stages are picked in tourneys if both players agree.

BTW, first thread, i should go introduce later lol

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
now that the e-drenaline has died down
I actually feel sorry for M2K

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lols because it's so funny when the TOs wreck your chance to win 4 thousand dollars.

lolololololololololololololololololololol

God ****, people are stupid.
only winners finals and loser finals are best of 5

mango and scar didn't need to play b05

it was a misunderstanding

it was supposed to be bo3 armada won

stfu

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
My mind has been blown so much today.

Zhu's feet must be maaaad happy.

I can only imagine the commentary during the videos. HMW<3
I thought Scar would be Big headed from this tourney. If you told me Jman and Shiz would get knocked out and Zhu would beat M2k today I would have punched you in the mouth.:laugh: As for HMW. I have a feeling M2K will get a special shout out from now on.;)

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's the TO's faults that m2k lost to Zhu. Or that he himself believed it was a best of 3. He wasn't scammed out of anything, and if he's as deserving as you johners say he is then he should have beaten Zhu easily.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
no the rules say that semifinals are b05 semifinals being winners and loser finals, this has already been covered it was not supposed to be a b05 please stfu
What do you mean semifinals being winners and losers finals?

Again, read the front page. It says

are best of 3 until Winners/Losers bracket Semi-finals are reached. Semi-finals to Grand Finals will be Best out of 5.
Winners bracket SEMIFINALS and losers bracket SEMIFINALS.

Winners bracket semifinals (notice how I didn't say genesis semifinals, or tournament semifinals, but WINNERS BRACKET semifinals) should be played bo5. If winners bracket semifinals are really winners finals, then what the **** is winners finals?

Learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom