• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's the TO's faults that m2k lost to Zhu. Or that he himself believed it was a best of 3. He wasn't scammed out of anything, and if he's as deserving as you johners say he is then he should have beaten Zhu easily.
Okay.

Imagine you're at the grand finals of pound 4, and you BELIEVE it's a best of 3 set. But the rules clearly state that it's a best of 5 set. Your opponent BELIEVES it's a best of 3 set. You play best of 3, you don't win, then you check the rules and go, "HAYWAITIT'S BEST OF FIVE, but oh I believed it was best of 3 so you win anyway"

That's stupid.

It doesn't matter what the **** people believed. The rules are rules. I'm not going to go to smym10 with a newb friend, "believe" matches should be played 6 stock with items, then not redo when the rules clearly say otherwise. I don't rob a bank, and BELIEVE it's legal, and get away from any jailtime

M2K didn't AGREE to a bo3 set. He played the set thinking it was bo3 when it wasn't according to the rules. But DBR, for WHATEVER reason, even though they let Scar and Mango play bo5, didn't let armada and m2k play BO5.

I'm not saying M2K would have won had he played, but it doesn't matter, because DBR didn't give him the chance. DBR completely screwed his chances of winning. 4 grand actually matters, and it's not something people on the forums should be like, "LOLOLOLOLOL NO JOHNS EC GET ***** LOLOLOLOLOLOL."

The decision was poor and made no sense, and it went against their ruling.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Mew2King still lost to armada in a completely legitimate bo3. That last match both players knew that whoever lost would lose the set and go to losers, both should have been playing with that attitude. It was M2K's CP even and Armada still bested him. So after all that, it seems kinda dumb if M2K were to suddenly get a second chance after both players had moved on and accepted the results.

On the other hand, it's still a really unfortunate situation with no good answer :/
That does seem logical. Hm...

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
"M2K admitted himself that he thought that it was Bo3 so he discontinued the match."

I honestly couldn't give a **** if M2k placed last now, I gained so much respect for him there.

But, back to the matter at hand:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDAAAAAAAA!!!!

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

Imagine you're at the grand finals of pound 4, and you BELIEVE it's a best of 3 set. But the rules clearly state that it's a best of 5 set. Your opponent BELIEVES it's a best of 3 set. You play best of 3, you don't win, then you check the rules and go, "HAYWAITIT'S BEST OF FIVE, but oh I believed it was best of 3 so you win anyway"

That's stupid.

It doesn't matter what the **** people believed. The rules are rules. I'm not going to go to smym10 with a newb friend, "believe" matches should be played 6 stock with items, then not redo when the rules clearly say otherwise. I don't rob a bank, and BELIEVE it's legal, and get away from any jailtime

M2K didn't AGREE to a bo3 set. He played the set thinking it was bo3 when it wasn't according to the rules. But DBR, for WHATEVER reason, even though they let Scar and Mango play bo5, didn't let armada and m2k play BO5.

I'm not saying M2K would have won had he played, but it doesn't matter, because DBR didn't give him the chance. DBR completely screwed his chances of winning. 4 grand actually matters, and it's not something people on the forums should be like, "LOLOLOLOLOL NO JOHNS EC GET ***** LOLOLOLOLOLOL."

The decision was poor and made no sense, and it went against their ruling.
omg thissss

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What would be great is if Mango Sandbagged and ended up losing. Imagine if somehow it ended up Zhu vs Scar, Armada, or Hbox in GF's? That would be such an epic ending.

Samochan

Smash Master
gnosis said:
Mew2King still lost to armada in a completely legitimate bo3. That last match both players knew that whoever lost would lose the set and go to losers, both should have been playing with that attitude. It was M2K's CP even and Armada still bested him. So after all that, it seems kinda dumb if M2K were to suddenly get a second chance after both players had moved on and accepted the results.

On the other hand, it's still a really unfortunate situation with no good answer :/
Quoted for truth.

DBR and players messed up when thinking it was Bo3 and dbr changed rules in front page but not norcal forums, but their set was still completely legit.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I CALL MANG0 VS HBOX GRAND FINALS!

MaNg0 goes Puff and we get:

"Is this how Melee ends? With a Puff ditto on Brinstar!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom