• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
only winners finals and loser finals are best of 5

mango and scar didn't need to play b05

it was a misunderstanding

it was supposed to be bo3 armada won

stfu
hi.

read the first post.

Notice how it says winners bracket semifinals/losers bracket semifinals

Now actually READ that and tell me what it means.

kthx

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
The rules and logistics don't work. m2k admitted his loss even though he knew he was in the wrong. This alone means a rematch doesn't need to be done.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I definitely think M2K's mind was messed up after not being able to finish the set with Armada but either way good stuff to Armada and Zhu. Definitely amazing players.

I just hope M2K doesn't stay mind ****ed over Brawl singles.

Also we need to get over this and step it up with the Brawl updates.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm not going to go to smym10 with a newb friend, "believe" matches should be played 6 stock with items, then not redo when the rules clearly say otherwise.
If that happens, I will rule the same way DBR did and let the result stand. It's unfortunate, and the hosts should have made sure the players knew it was a best of 5, but going back and "finishing" a finished set is bad. And redoing a whole set is a big waste of time.

Think of it this way. Say it's supposed to be 2/3, but they play thinking it's a 3/5 and M2K wins. If Armada had been up 2-1 after the first three games, the host is not going to deny M2K the win.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I love how the word "fanboy" is being thrown around. So just because you think something is unfair to your "team" or a player you root for that qualifies as meat ridin aka being a fanboy? No. I'm pretty sure in either favor, both sides of the fence would've argued.

I don't think anyone should be blamed for this situation, other than those who are running the tournament. It was their ruleset to begin with.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So what happens if Hungrybox beats Zhu? We have 3 floaty players in the Top 3 of one of the biggest tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom