• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
me, and like the other 10 or so BCers are paying after we get our money to adamdorf at tourneyplay... so like late June lol

but we coming def fo sho

Weegee devient triste ci genesis est petit...
MAIS a la maim temp, ces't tros booooooon :p

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL whenever I read or hear this question, I always think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnGXTjmc9E

****ing classic

edit: stupid copyright stuff, it's not the actual video for the commercial ;__; oh well
LOL, Ren and Stimpy was the best show ever until the new ones where it was over the top. That's where I started learning english actually haha this show marked my childhood.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
About crews...
Is gonna be possible to repeat characters? I mean is gonna be a 5 man crew right? MK, Snake, Falco, Wario, MK.
Or in the worst case scenario:
MK, MK, Mk, MK, Snake.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
About crews...
Is gonna be possible to repeat characters? I mean is gonna be a 5 man crew right? MK, Snake, Falco, Wario, MK.
Or in the worst case scenario:
MK, MK, Mk, MK, Snake.
Although smash doesn't usually do this (they should) other games do crews and don't allow more then one of each character (only one MK, snake, etc)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
character limit for Brawl sure...

BUT THERE ARE 10 PEOPLE PER CREW
so that's kind of tough...

Falco, Fox, Ganon, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Falcon, ICs, Jiggs
seriously? That's kind of rare for a coast to be that diverse and keep up. Someone would get *****.
(not the north coast though, we got it all :p)

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
With 10-man crews, maybe limit it so only 2 people can play the same character per crew? An all MK crew or all fox/shiek/marth crew would get boring faster.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I checked the OP and couldnt find if theres gonna be livestream for the event. Anyone know if therell be any and if yes, where?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Why bother with a live stream when everybody will be there?
:D

Kidding, I'm kidding.
But you'd assume as much :p

Month and a half away. And a little over a month before I enter AMERICA.
I hope there's smash to be played in LA before I leave there.

idea

Smash Master
Why bother with a live stream when everybody will be there?
:D

Kidding, I'm kidding.
But you'd assume as much :p

Month and a half away. And a little over a month before I enter AMERICA.
I hope there's smash to be played in LA before I leave there.
are you going to bring anything stereotypically Australian with you to show people?

pockyD

Smash Legend
With 10-man crews, maybe limit it so only 2 people can play the same character per crew? An all MK crew or all fox/shiek/marth crew would get boring faster.
a crew full of each region's third-tier players or their best players playing their third-best characters would get boring even faster than that

good play is what makes crews great, especially regionals with the bragging rights and whatnot on the line

if you're just looking for 'interesting' matchups, there are going to be way over 1000 total sets in each game, so you will have plenty of time to find what you want to see

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
This is probably a stupid question with an answer that is obvious, but is team infinite grabbing illegal? (like If I grab an opponents, pummel him until he is released, then my ally instant grabs him, rinse and repeat)? I would imagine this is an Infinite Chain Grab, but there is all a note about how it's only stalling if it goes beyond 300%.

idea

Smash Master
what IS vegemite, exactly?

i don't think anyone cares about infinite team grabbing stuff...i've never heard anyone complain about it. the person left alone usually loses anyway.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
housing. i still need it. im limited on how much money i can spend. please help me out guys.

PM or AIM(xyro77) me PLEASE!!!!

sidefx

Smash Champion
its not that its a problem for everyone else, but more so for us.

basically, to put it bluntly.

people who have already payed will be getting refunds soon. Reason why is Paypal has put a hold on the account, pending confirmations of the actual event. Which doesnt happen till the day of. So we wouldnt be able to touch the money to hand out to winners/pay for the venue, until the day of. Since its a virtual item, and not an actual physical one, (that usually have people sign off on them when they get delivered, confirming they received the item) confirmation of the actual sale cant happen until the person who payed is AT the event, and received what they payed for.

so for now, payment will be taken on the day of the tournament, just like any other tourny.

We are prepping for this in various ways to make it as smooth as possible, and since we wont have 100% accurate head count of who is actually coming, there are possibilities of yet another pre-registration, in order for us to accurately seed, and organize it before hand.

but as for right now, people who have already payed for genesis, will be receiving refunds with an EMAIL confirming their money has been refunded.

i apologize for the inconvenience, but its out of our hands, as far as paypal goes (5 hour phone call supervisors and who ever else i was talking to trying to sort it out)

pockyD

Smash Legend
iirc pound3 was done through mlg, which would have had no reservations about liability and all that

edit: I might actually be recalling incorrectly, as it seems more likely that was for pound2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom