• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
NO.

for the ****ing love of god.. there will be NO 64 SET UPS. AT ALL.

if you guys havent noticed 800 people have registered.

im not expecting all 800 people to show up, but still a good amount.

ive gone over this before and im not going to do it again. there will be no side tournaments what-so-ever. if you think youre going to grab a tv, and play some friendlies or run a side 64 tourny, then youre WRONG. you will be dq'd and thrown out of the venue if you do not cooperate with our rules/schedule.

im dead serious when i said youll get dq'd if you are found playing friendlies on a tournament tv that is in use.

we will designate friendly tv's as they become available.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
NO.

for the ****ing love of god.. there will be NO 64 SET UPS. AT ALL.

if you guys havent noticed 800 people have registered.

im not expecting all 800 people to show up, but still a good amount.

ive gone over this before and im not going to do it again. there will be no side tournaments what-so-ever. if you think youre going to grab a tv, and play some friendlies or run a side 64 tourny, then youre WRONG. you will be dq'd and thrown out of the venue if you do not cooperate with our rules/schedule.

im dead serious when i said youll get dq'd if you are found playing friendlies on a tournament tv that is in use.

we will designate friendly tv's as they become available.
I love strong hosts. <3

I hope Kage wins Genesis.

GANONDORF!

sidefx

Smash Champion
If anything, the only time i can see a time we can even set anything up, would be sunday night, when the finals are going on or something. Other than that, we wont have time, or have the resources to set up 64 on any tv.

also if you think you can just bring in your tv and set up your own 64, cause its YOUR tv, then ill kindly ask you to gtfo, cause youre using our electricity, and our amp's that would set off the circuit breaker. We've carefully calculated how many tv's can be set up per socket, on each grid, so yeah.. thats not gonna happen either.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
ill kindly ask you to gtfo
Kindly asking someone to gtfo is like modestly claiming you superiority over the human race.

I am optimistic that you guys have no delusions about the difficulty of running this tournament, and thus not dealing with any crap.

As long as people cooperate, this thing is going to be run very smoothly.

idea

Smash Master
question unrelated to smash...

is the venue anywhere near open water/beaches?

cause...i wanna see some dolphins and stuff while i'm in cali =D

The GERM

Smash Ace
Keepz it real..

Bring a 64 just in case. Then maybe (God willing) the tournament will end early on Sunday and you guys can play all the fu**ing 64 you want. But yes, we are quite serious when we say there will be absofu**inglutely no 64 on Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday.

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO PRE-PAY!! DO IT NOW!! SOONER THAN LATER!! INSTEAD OF TAKING YOUR FUGLY GIRLFRIEND TO A NICE DINNER AT SIZZLER, PRE-PAY FOR GENESIS!!

-GERM

idea

Smash Master
really? cause i'm pretty sure my friend swam with some when he went there. oh well. maybe some interesting birds will fly into the venue and hilariously disrupt grand finals.

The King

Smash Ace
No worries guys...with the beach nearly an hour away, we'll have a swimming pool set up in the designated ViP section for you.

But on a more serious note, again we really need everyone's help with sending in their Pre-pay entry fees as soon as possible. We're quickly closing in on the Deadline for having to pay for the entire cost of the venue, as we have to 100% pay for the venue 1 month in advance of the tournament date. As you might expect judging from the Venue Fee, the price of the venue is rather expensive and we don't exactly have the kind of pocket change necessary for it ourselves. So it will help the entire Genesis Staff to contribute your entry fee as soon as possible. Thanks in advance. =)

King Out

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
I've seen rays seals and dolphins in the san diego area. dolphins super rare
Better use an ultra ball for them *****es.

I can't believe under 20 people have pre reged.

****ing Bull**** is what that is

lazy ****ers

this tourney is supposed to be THE ****

but all you *****es that pre regged just to be cool are ruining that

so get your *** on the computer and enter this tourney, even if you're not coming.

oh and btw, russians cant come anymore due to school **** srry guys

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
patience my son

its like a school assignment

no one does it until the last day

procrastiNATION

:D
na son, read King's post plz:

But on a more serious note, again we really need everyone's help with sending in their Pre-pay entry fees as soon as possible. We're quickly closing in on the Deadline for having to pay for the entire cost of the venue, as we have to 100% pay for the venue 1 month in advance of the tournament date. As you might expect judging from the Venue Fee, the price of the venue is rather expensive and we don't exactly have the kind of pocket change necessary for it ourselves. So it will help the entire Genesis Staff to contribute your entry fee as soon as possible. Thanks in advance. =)

King Out

cykofox

Smash Ace
just a curious pondering..

back when you guys 1st advertised the tourny and made it sound like smash heaven, did you guys ever anticipate 500+ attendants?

just curious..

curious curious...

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Will there be a designated smoking area? I'm like 4 days into quitting, and if I continue is determined by the answer to my question. XD

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that anywhere inside or relatively near the venue would be off limits seeing as how there will be many minors attending this.

My guess: No. You'll probably have to leave the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom