• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yo buffalo peeps. Is there a Fry's electronics close to the venue? I might want to pick up some **** because its expensive even online over here.

Scnd

Smash Cadet
Good News

Assume anyone who signed up on the website under unconfirmed is showing, plus the rochester crew, and some of the locals. Normally there are no signups online. Because all tourneys put cash out, we have to deal with all money the same day. Also if you bring a wii with all unlocked characters and stages, and a copy of the game, your house fee will be considered paid.

If we dont have SD Cards in time, not to worry, I'll bring in at least one, from there we'll be able to use them on the website. For any more equipment, there is a guitar center for pro audio and a best buy for consumer electronics around the block, as well as a gamestop, all within 3-5 minutes of the facility.

Normally we do not allow recording devices in Cyberjocks, but because of the scale of this event, the rules may change. If you do not wish to appear on film, speak to the tourney director and your name will be noted, you'll be cut out of the final production. If private recording is allowed, please respect the wishes of other gamers and follow the cyberjocks guidelines.

Bad News

Is alcohol allowed at the venue? If so, we have to go to the duty free shop!
No, If we find it we'll take it and throw it out, if you get too messed up, we'll throw you out, if you drink before hand and come in *pun* smashed, we'll throw you out.

Don't be late for a match if your going to stop down the street to yings/duffs for beer, else you'll be disqualified.

We're not the gestapo, but we have to run things in a way that we won't get shut down, it's a lan center, we get little kids walking in and out on weekends, so alcohol is out of the question. Sorry guys.

Please be aware that there's no outside food and drink allowed in the facility either. You'll be asked to throw it out on the way in.

Because of some other mishaps in the past, any equipment bags should be clearly labled, after initial setup you will hand your bag to a staffmember and it will be put in a seperate area. You can also put it in your car.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Good News

Assume anyone who signed up on the website under unconfirmed is showing, plus the rochester crew, and some of the locals. Normally there are no signups online. Because all tourneys put cash out, we have to deal with all money the same day. Also if you bring a wii with all unlocked characters and stages, and a copy of the game, your house fee will be considered paid.
how much is orginal price for houseing.

and regarding recording devices, bringing my capture card is out of the question?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Bring it. Thats fail if you can't record your matches, its recording directly from the Wii. I can't see how it isn't allowed, unless it isn't allowed because of hacking.

No Frys in your state I believe :\

Niko_K

Smash Master
How many TV's and Wiis are we expecting, if it's going to be THIS big were going to need a good amount to get anything done in time.

Scnd

Smash Cadet
Bring it. Thats fail if you can't record your matches, its recording directly from the Wii. I can't see how it isn't allowed, unless it isn't allowed because of hacking.

No Frys in your state I believe :\

I'm talking actual camcorders and such. Wiiside recording is fine.

As for TVs. We have four for sure, If other people bring in equipment, we can make things run faster, but i've been doing this for a few years now and i can usually get things done in a timely fassion

how much is orginal price for houseing.

and regarding recording devices, bringing my capture card is out of the question?
House fee is $6

Cap cards are out of the question, but we can get the key capture off the wii throguh brawl software. We could be using these for the CJTV Project.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I

As for TVs. We have four for sure, If other people bring in equipment, we can make things run faster, but i've been doing this for a few years now and i can usually get things done in a timely fassion

House fee is $6
....This is Brawl not Melee....It is WAY different. Things take longer in brawl, and important matches take even longer in brawl. If we have as much traffic that is being speculated at this tourney 4 tvs just wont be enough at all.

Also why such an odd price? Why not just make it 5?

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
The house fee is $5 for this Brawl tournament, the last one was $6 hence the mixup.

We will DEFINITELY have 4 TV's for tournament play along with a big screen for friendlies. I'm currently working on getting 2 more TVs. As of this moment there are going to be 4 Wii's here. If I know beforehand that there will be 6 Wii's and 6 copies of Brawl with everything unlocked, then it would be a bit easier for me to get the other 2 TV's.

In regards to recording matches, we will be using SD cards to save replays on. From there, once the tournament is over, we will upload all the replays to one of our house Wii's and put them onto a computer via a video capture card.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
We can only record the matches if they are less than 3 minutes, though, and no good brawl matches ever are

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I plan to come but I'm like the lazy locals so I'll probably sign up when I get there....

EDIT: I probably won't now. Who knew that it was a 6 hour drive....

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
You can't bring a usb capture card? wtf? The last tournament I was at, no match was even close to 3 mins, it was double that.

Besides the fact that it isn't allowed, am I able to hear the logical explanation?

btw pastaboy, I dont think these gys have run a brawl tourney before. They won't get any good tourny matches recorded under 3 mins. Unless you see massive IC ****, or D3 chaingrab kills on delfino.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
You can't bring a usb capture card? wtf? The last tournament I was at, no match was even close to 3 mins, it was double that.

Besides the fact that it isn't allowed, am I able to hear the logical explanation?

btw pastaboy, I dont think these gys have run a brawl tourney before. They won't get any good tourny matches recorded under 3 mins. Unless you see massive IC ****, or D3 chaingrab kills on delfino.
Lol, typical. Re-read what i've said about us doing brawl tournies and this being the first we're recording at.

@ everyone else:

My apologies for not having a system of recording matches set in place. As i stated earlier in this thread, this will be the first tournament we will be recording matches at.

I talked to my boss and we've decided that you CAN bring in your own video capture card. We will have 1 or 2 of the Wii's hooked up to record, but feel free to bring your own cap cards as well.

@ Niko - thank you. That makes 5 of each.

As per my usual, I will try to keep you guys updated on any changes we make to rules/setup.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Thanks. Yo Niko, I can probably bring that TV i brought last time. There should be enough room in the trunk. And my Wii, tho it doesn't like my back up discs.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for this, it's gonna be dope.

Also, if jarred and KC need rides I got you both covered

I just need you guys to your bring notes, saying your parents allow you to cross over and I.D.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
KC would be, and he's 18 no? I am sure he has some money left over , I dont think he was going to go at first because he would have to pa for the bus?:\

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait fr this! Any good food places nearby?
There are lots of places within a few minutes driving distance, and someone said a few pages back there is a Chinese place in the same plaza.

Most notably, Duff's (famous wings) is like half a mile down the street - one of my first stops every time I visit Buffalo. (I do recall there are two Duff's locations north of the border, tho, so maybe that's not so special to some of you. But it's still great. =) ) For pizza, Santora's is pretty good and about a mile away, and Bob and John's Suburban is a bit further, but among the best pizza in Buffalo, IMO.

Shiri

Smash Chump
There are lots of places within a few minutes driving distance, and someone said a few pages back there is a Chinese place in the same plaza.

Most notably, Duff's (famous wings) is like half a mile down the street - one of my first stops every time I visit Buffalo. (I do recall there are two Duff's locations north of the border, tho, so maybe that's not so special to some of you. But it's still great. =) ) For pizza, Santora's is pretty good and about a mile away, and Bob and John's Suburban is a bit further, but among the best pizza in Buffalo, IMO.
:yoshi: OMGRAVY VOID

How can one forget the infamous Mighty Taco?

That place is ridix!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so i decided im driving, but i have a warrant out for my arrest in NY

SO if i dont show up, i probably got pulled over XD

Top Bottom