• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
Dont remove it. Were just trying to make it a melee 2.0, but were playing brawl because we want to play brawl. Its as simple as that
To be fair, it wouldn't really be a Melee 2.0 because the hitstun would not be changed nor would airdodging be removed. More like Brawl 1.5
It would increase the use of techs like Dash Dancing and foxtrotting since the random trips is what stops those from being used much, but that would affect the hierarchy of characters a bit (note i didnt say tiers ;))

However, a change like this takes away from the purity of the game and I could see why its not wanted.

******Just to remind everyone again since we're on a new page, this is NOT going to be done for the upcoming Brawl tournament on the 17th of August.******

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
actually i have 3 jobs

2 regular, and brawl :p

I dont make 600 bucks in a day at my other 2 jobs, though.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Plank while your train of logic does make sense, just because you should win the tournament, doesn't mean you will win the tournament.

For instance you could say M2k should have by all means won esticle right?

Miller

Smash Lord
Plank while your train of logic does make sense, just because you should win the tournament, doesn't mean you will win the tournament.

I literally have nothing to say after this

Miller

Smash Lord
Haha nice choice of words Jesiah. But honestly, the reason why I got good at this game is because I like the game.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

no, because the top 5 players all split the money and we didnt care who won? m2k didnt even use metaknight

and i have 80 dollarss to my name because i do a lot of drugs and drink a lot and rarely actually go into work

i wait tables@2 different places

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lol I can never play a game just for fun, it always has to be a competition for me. Thats why coop games are fail.

Sunday is gonna be whack.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah coop/single player games are nothx

what is the point if ur not ruining other peoples days by beating them badly???

Scnd

Smash Cadet
A funny thing about this is when the tourney hammer falls, we'll find that 98% of the talk here will be dismissed as 'just talk' theres only 2 places that matter, 1st for singles and 1st for doubles. Out of all the people here, only three really matter.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I assume you're talking about me, NEO, Plairnk?

Idk, ppl are telling me: If you beat just one of them that'll be awesome..But in my eyes, I still lose to MD/VA so I wouldn't be satisfied.

Oh you mean 1st for doubles and 2 ppl for singles...Doubles isn't as important but it still matters, yeah.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yea he probably means 2 people for doubles and 1 for singles..
jesiahteg $10 bo3 MM?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
It means "best of three"

I'd also like to MM you and Plank as well ($5), provided we don't meet up in the actual tournament.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol who says bo3? if we dont meet in tourney i'll do it, but i'd like to wait for tourney cuz that matters more to me than an MM

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i hope like 50 people go cuz that means neo and i could split like $900 for 1st/2nd :DDDDDD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
and if god proves himself in the next 2 days, ill believe in religion

both are equally likely

<3

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
LOL **** u got me plank...

And KingAce, I don't understimate you lol don't worry, I seriously don't underestimate anyone...That's a biiig mistake in Brawl.

J.L

Smash Ace
major hype!!

i seriously do hope that the buffalo locals dont flop. like if its just us, its gonna be like 20-30 ppl>?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i hope ur not even planning on making any, they only pay out top 2 :/

maybe 2nd in teams...

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i don't cosign any of the trash talk in this thread

rofl jon wow, your **** went off

Niko_K

Smash Master
Respect points for NEO +100.

Plank your trash talking will be a let down when you lose to any one of us GTA/Niagara guys ;)

Top Bottom