• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats still sick, I had no idea this tournament would have ANY sort of hype behind it. Now I'm full of hype.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea, mewtwoking ***** me in dittos but i beat him with wario pretty badly, maybe i should just use wario vs mks! ;)

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
u realize as long as neo and i come u have NO chance of 1st or 2nd, right?
Wait, which of you outranked omegablackmage at ESTICLE? Because PikaPika and JesiahTEG took 1 and 2 over him the week before... =)

(Not to say you wouldn't completely whoop my ***, but...)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Your so cocky its pathetic, get over yourself, your not going to get first or second, there are people better then you attending this.
you are wrong.

and yes, im sure we are coming 100%

edit: i beat obm 2-0 in tourney and this is the 2nd time i've done so in the past month and a half or so.

Miller

Smash Lord
you are wrong.

and yes, im sure we are coming 100%

edit: i beat obm 2-0 in tourney and this is the 2nd time i've done so in the past month and a half or so.
Nice try im wrong, well i guess we can only wait and find out who the best is right? ;D
HYPEHYPEHYPE

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No, only you can wait to find out who the best is. I already know we are better than you.

Miller

Smash Lord
My left toe is better then everyone

because it is mew2king
Haha its so true, you'll all find out eventually what he means
-its not way of an insult to m2k though-

And plank, 5 Dollar MM :)

And plank, its not like i dont see you as a good player, i know your good, but i know im good too :)

I also pmed Neo earlier requesting a 10 dollar MM

I wonder if ill gain 15 dollars or loose it. (rhetorical question, dont answer that plank, i know what your gunna say)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
No, see Plairnk I'm not like everyone else in this thread that really thinks they're going to beat you guys handily and am asking for money matches to shut you up. I'm not calling you cocky or arrogant and telling you I can't wait for you to come so I can prove you wrong.

I've BEEN to MD/VA. I'm not ignorant to the skill level there. I actually have a realistic view on Smash and the skill level of myself and other regions. I know there's a really good chance you guys are going to win it. But at the same time...You really are understimating me bro.

I have more at stake in this tourney than both of you do. Because you are the one saying things like "You Melee nobodies will never be somebody in Brawl" or "You have a ZERO percent chance of winning" and that just REALLY REALLY makes me want to win. Notice how I haven't even said anything about that or about how you're wrong. It's because I've been practicing this whooole time.

People are right, MD/VA trash talk really does motive other regions to get better...well me at least. All's I'm saying is I know how good MD/VA is and I know how good I am. It's seriously not going to be as easy to take me down as u think bro lol...And I definitely do not have a 0% chance of winning the tournament.

I think you're a cool dude and all and it'll be good to see you again, but seriously don't come here thinking it's going to be a joke. And if you guys do come and obliterate me with techniques I've never seen that MD/VA people know and no one else does...Well, that'll be amazing LOL but I don't see that many things that you guys would know that I don't, since I sit here for around 5-8 hours a day thinking of ****.

Miller

Smash Lord
Ohh yea, the whole "We were nobodies in melee, so we cant be somebodies in brawl" topic.

When the GTAN crew went to Ottawa for a brawl tourney, where players like Kage, Vwins, etc resided. Our crew took 1st and 2nd. They are somebodies in Melee, and we are nobodies in Melee. We still won though. Dont get cocky, it will be your downfall.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
JesiahTEG: You seem like a cool guy. Try to find me at the tourney to grab some friendlies if we can.

I'll be hard to miss, I'll be the one wearing Ash Ketchum's hat ^^

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Millar- Plairnk is always cocky. It's not going to be his downfall, cuz he is a good player. It's going to be really really hard to take him down, if he even goes down at all. If you and your crew really think you have a chance of winning, you better have practiced really hard.

Wolfblade- Yeah dude I'll look for you.

Miller

Smash Lord
I can say that were all pretty confident in our abilities. Also Jesiah, I wanna have some friendlies with you aswell.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Jarred and Miller (KC if he can make it)

On the 17th, be at my house 11:30am sharp.

My address is 458 Grantham Ave, and try to bring like 10$ for gas
aight il be there, we suld prolly leave earlyier incase we get lost or traffic , how long does it usually take to get to buffalo from here.

and i think all this arguing about whos better is pointless as of now, it goes both ways, the tourny is so close, y not just wait till then, then you can do all the trash talk you want, or not

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I have more at stake in this tourney than both of you do. Because you are the one saying things like "You Melee nobodies will never be somebody in Brawl" or "You have a ZERO percent chance of winning" and that just REALLY REALLY makes me want to win. Notice how I haven't even said anything about that or about how you're wrong. It's because I've been practicing this whooole time.
You have more at stake than us? I'm driving through a state that I am practically a fugitive in with $80 to my name ASSUMING I will win enough money to pay for gas on the ride home. I'm pretty sure I have quite a bit at stake as well.

You're a cool dude too, and to be honest you and neil are the only people i consider a threat at all, even though I'm realistically still not that worried. It's not because of your lack of skill or because I think you're trash, it's because I play with the best players in the world 3, 4, 5 times a week and get my *** kicked by azen which makes me so much better against all other players. In your region you and pikapika kinda run ****, so you don't get the experience to get your *** kicked by the best of the best quite as much.

My cocky attitude comes from the fact that you practice a whole lot, but i practice a whole lot with better players.

And yes, I will accept any money match offered to me for any amount at this tournament.

Miller

Smash Lord
So its a deal, 5 dollar mm between us.

And Plank, dont think i hate you or anything, i know your a good player, I KNOW what im getting MYSELF into. Im just excited for Buffalo, so im pumping more hypehypehype into it

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
Ok, while this topic is still hot I have a question I'd like some opinions about.

**********This IS NOT going to be anything affecting this tournament, so no worries there.************

If/when we run another Brawl tournament what would your thoughts be on removing tripping from the game?
For those of you who don't know there is a way to ENTIRELY remove random trips from the game while still keeping trip inducing moves (diddy's bananas etc) working just like normal. The thread about it is located here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188481

Just a note about that. If we were to remove tripping from the tourney we would obviously provide all the Wii's necessary for the tournament as we cannot force people to make that modification on their Wii. In fact, anyone with the Homebrew channel wouldn't be allowed to use their Wii because they could also change things such as removing airdodging and increasing hitstun to Melee levels.

So, my question to you people is this:

Would you like for this to be done as it favors competitive play by removing random luck factors, or should it not be done since it changes the purity of the game?

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
Would you like for this to be done as it favors competitive play by removing random luck factors, or should it not be done since it changes the purity of the game?
I have a couple thoughts on this, but my overall answer would be that no, I would not prefer that. I have two main concerns about it.

First, while it is incredibly lame IMO, tripping is part of the game. At ESTICLE, I lost my 3rd stock in a tourney match from a Lucario Fsmash because I tripped - so I will forever be a lot more conscious about dashing at anyone in a similar situation. It's a subtle thing, but it matters, and will change how people play. If I thought all tourneys would start changing this, that might affect my view of this point...

Second, I'm a software engineer, and even in code that I personally designed and wrote, making "one little change" often has unforeseen side effects. There's no way I trust a hack by someone I don't know to other code I didn't write to have zero unforeseen side effects.

On the flip side, on a basic level, I have no problem changing things like this for tourneys. When I played Quake 1 competitively (yes, I'm a fogey), we used mods to change various things for tourney play - like picking spawn points randomly instead of in a set order - and this was very important to support competitive play. But Quake provided an infrastructure for changing such things. This just seems a bit more of a hack, to me.

PS - I know I'm not in WNY, but I'm from Amherst, and will likely show up at future tourneys if they keep being held. =)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would be ALL for it as long as moves that cause tripping arent effected (i.e MK's dtilt, wario's f-air, dk's dtilt, bananas, etc) are not effected. Moves causing tripping actually is a really cool addition

Miller

Smash Lord
Dont remove it. Were just trying to make it a melee 2.0, but were playing brawl because we want to play brawl. Its as simple as that

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Dont remove it. Were just trying to make it a melee 2.0, but were playing brawl because we want to play brawl. Its as simple as that
speak for yourself

i hate brawl, i play for money

id <3 melee 2.0, it actually takes skill

Top Bottom