• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crushing the Competitive Spirit

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I personally like both games.

And, if you don't agree with that, then get your head out of your a** and let people have their own **** opinions.

That is all.

-Chagen46

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I saw a mach the other day where DSF moonwalked with C. Falcon into a grab. I replayed that moment like 20 times, because it was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen.
If you actually think that a video game is sexy, than you have serious mental problems and need to get out of your **** house and get laid.

Cinder

Smash Master
If you actually think that a video game is sexy, than you have serious mental problems and need to get out of your **** house and get laid.
He wasn't being literal, genious...and you must be pretty pathetic to have to stoop to such petty insults, especially since he didn't do anything to you...

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea I was playing melee the other day and i suck balls at it. I tried wavedashing and i just couldn't get it down. Its def. gonna take more practice for me to get better at melee where it took a few months for me to improve at brawl.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
whoa i got served like 2 pages ago. apparently i have bad grammar and im all so a preteen i think he said. well what ever. all im saying is this. STOP *****ING ABOUT BRAWL! ok we all know the physics are bad. BIG WHOOP! a real smash player adapts and does not whine like a baby when that said baby had there melee candy stolen. just shutup and smash every game has its flaws. sakuri apparently saw alot in melee and changed it. honesty i think its a change for the better. there will always be a spot for melee in my heart, but that game and the holy light surrounding it have faded. so i leave you with this SHUT UP AND SMASH THE SMASH COMMUNITY HAS NO ROOM FOR *****ING BABYS THAT CANT ADAPT!!!

Cinder

Smash Master
All I'm getting from you is someone who's whining about people whining and thinks everyone has to play Brawl to be a "true Smasher"...seriously, real Smash players adapt? Bull...I don't play Brawl, and it's not that I CAN'T adapt...it's that I don't WANT to...got a problem with that?

flizzz

Smash Cadet
lol my point exactly its always "if i wanted to adapt i could but i dont wanna wah wah wah(wario style) " thats all im hearing. you guys remind me of kids. "eat your veggies billy. but mom (brawl in this case) i dont wanna!!!!" grow up man lol. do i have a problem with that? i just might billy, i just might.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hate topics like this. The reason everyone cries about Brawl being inferior is because they people who hate it spend their time here complaining, while the rest of us are having fun and getting better at Brawl.
Or maybe because we played the game and we just...didn't like it?

It takes more than time to like a game. If after a month and a half/two months, I hate the game, that means I'm not going to like it.

The reason people "cry" about Brawl being inferior is because they don't like it, and FACTUALLY, it is less competitive.

If you want to play Brawl, that's great, and I wouldn't tell you to do otherwise. I don't, so don't tell me I'm just complaining and so it's my fault I don't like it.

I personally like both games.

And, if you don't agree with that, then get your head out of your a** and let people have their own **** opinions.
Wow, way to be completely hypocritical.

We need to let people have their own opinions (which we are, where it's applicable -- in other words, Brawl being less competitive is fact, while liking Brawl more is opinion), but if we don't agree with you we've got our heads in our ***es? Nice.

Argh, it's a freaking figure of speech! If someone were saying that a girl in a video game is sexy, they would probably mean it literally. If they say a video game is sexy, chances are that it's a FIGURE OF SPEECH. If I say Melee wins, does that mean it literally wins? No, it means I think it's awesome.

If you can't tell when something's a figure of speech, maybe you should follow your own advice.

Literal or not, it was still very disturbing.
And I find it very disturbing that you don't seem to come into a topic unless you're flaming. So let's call it a truce.

whoa i got served like 2 pages ago. apparently i have bad grammar and im all so a preteen i think he said.
Considering you said "all so", I think you backed up my statement about grammar.
And you certainly act like a preteen.

well what ever. all im saying is this. STOP *****ING ABOUT BRAWL!
NO!

ok we all know the physics are bad. BIG WHOOP! a real smash player adapts and does not whine like a baby when that said baby had there melee candy stolen.
A real Smash player realizes how much physics affect a game, and that it's not just a "big whoop" (whether or not you like the physics is another matter).

A real Smash player knows when to use "there", "their", and "they're".

A real Smash player realizes that we don't hate Brawl because we can't adapt. It's because we don't want to adapt, because we hate what we have to adapt to.
What's next, do you want me to adapt to being a homeless person if I don't have to and don't want to be a homeless person?

just shutup and smash every game has its flaws.
Yeah, every game does have flaws. Some more than others.

sakuri apparently saw alot in melee and changed it.
Yeah, Sakurai. Sakurai's a hater of competition. Don't use the fact that he saw flaws in Melee as a defense for Brawl.

honesty i think its a change for the better.
Good for you. Not everyone agrees with you.

there will always be a spot for melee in my heart, but that game and the holy light surrounding it have faded.
There is no holy light and there never was. But it's an awesome game nonetheless, and some of us don't want to forget it for Brawl.

so i leave you with this SHUT UP AND SMASH THE SMASH COMMUNITY HAS NO ROOM FOR *****ING BABYS THAT CANT ADAPT!!!
SHUT UP AND LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT, THE SMASH COMMUNITY HAS NO ROOM FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS!

Seriously.

lol my point exactly its always "if i wanted to adapt i could but i dont wanna wah wah wah(wario style) " thats all im hearing. you guys remind me of kids. "eat your veggies billy. but mom (brawl in this case) i dont wanna!!!!" grow up man lol. do i have a problem with that? i just might billy, i just might.
Wow, you're the biggest fanboy I've ever seen.
Or one of them, anyways.

So we should play Brawl even if we don't enjoy it because of an illiterate noob like you? (Yes, you are illiterate. Your spelling and grammar fails.)

Not playing Brawl =//= Not eating vegetables

Cinder

Smash Master
So what? According to your BS, that means I'm not a "true" Smasher, amirite? Seriously, if someone doesn't like Brawl, it doesn't make them any more or less of a Smasher...now please, stop wasting your breath...

And Firus, you've done it again *applause*

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
i love this site except for these type of posts
unfortunately SkylerOcon beat me to it
but as he said it is your IMO
and if you don't like brawl don't play it
or talk about it
if you flame it it will cause disturbance in the force (:p) cause people to quit or if they are new not even try
and who cares if it is easier, the Wii is a family system and it is only worth actually competing if you are in a tourney
we should ban the talk of brawl vs melee

flizzz

Smash Cadet
wow grammatically i do fail but its funny to see you correct my flaws lol now say something about crossing my t's and dotting my i's mister english teacher LAWLS

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So what? According to your BS, that means I'm not a "true" Smasher, amirite? Seriously, if someone doesn't like Brawl, it doesn't make them any more or less of a Smasher...now please, stop wasting your breath...

And Firus, you've done it again *applause*
Agreed.

And thank you. *bows*

we should ban the talk of brawl vs melee
It is banned in just about every other part of the forum...but here, it doesn't seem to be problematic. I dunno.

wow grammatically i do fail but its funny to see you correct my flaws lol now say something about crossing my t's and dotting my i's LAWLS
Yes, you do fail. I could point out many more errors in that post, and I see 7 errors in this one (unless I counted wrong).

I don't get that last comment entirely, but I assume that's supposed to imply that it's completely inconsequential to fail at grammar and spelling. It's not. Take the time to proofread, it makes you look 10x more intelligent, if not more.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Jam was smart by saying he wasn't going to respond to anything in this thread.

I knew that it was going to reduce to a Brawl vs Melee thread.

IMO you can't compare Brawl to Melee because they are two completely different games. 2 different physics engines = 2 different games. If most of the ATs in Melee were glitches then they would have been taken out of Brawl but the physics engine would remain the same. But since they weren't glitches since Sakurai wanted them out of Smash he had to change he physics engine, which removed the ATs, which removed the "depth" from the game, which changed the game completely. Brawl is not watered down Melee, Brawl is not Melee 2.0. Brawl is Brawl, Melee is Melee.

If you like Brawl, good for you. Play it.
If you like Melee, good for you. Play it.
If you like both, good for you. Play them.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
wow do you actually pride your self on your spelling? if so your a sad sad english teacher. i mean whats the point of correcting my grammer if you understand? it must be some type of correctness complex lol. but i ask you this. how many errors are in this post?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Jam was smart by saying he wasn't going to respond to anything in this thread.

I knew that it was going to reduce to a Brawl vs Melee thread.

IMO you can't compare Brawl to Melee because they are two completely different games. 2 different physics engines = 2 different games. If most of the ATs in Melee were glitches then they would have been taken out of Brawl but the physics engine would remain the same. But since they weren't glitches since Sakurai wanted them out of Smash he had to change he physics engine, which removed the ATs, which removed the "depth" from the game, which changed the game completely. Brawl is not watered down Melee, Brawl is not Melee 2.0. Brawl is Brawl, Melee is Melee.

If you like Brawl, good for you. Play it.
If you like Melee, good for you. Play it.
If you like both, good for you. Play them.
anything post that contains both brawl and melee in it turns into a brawl vs melee thread... and i am here to enjoy all the hilarity that will ensue.

Cinder

Smash Master
wow do you actually pride your self on your spelling? if so your a sad sad english teacher. i mean whats the point of correcting my grammer if you understand? it must be some type of correctness complex lol. but i ask you this. how many errors are in this post?
I lost count at OVER 9000!!!!

But seriously, stop spamming...at least when Firus bashes your grammar, he contributes to the topic as well...

And btw, I'm studying to be an English teacher, so watch your back...

And to actually contribute to the topic: Mithx, you do realize that as long as both games exist, so will the debate?

Mith_

Smash Champion
I lost count at OVER 9000!!!!

But seriously, stop spamming...at least when Firus bashes your grammar, he contributes to the topic as well...

And btw, I'm studying to be an English teacher, so watch your back...

And to actually contribute to the topic: Mithx, you do realize that as long as both games exist, so will the debate?
There is only one solution to solve the problem.

A mass destruction of one of the games, either Brawl or Melee.

But which one to eradicate?

*20 page brawl vs melee debate again*

oh noes.

@ fizz: mroe ppl respec u wen u type legibly.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
hay ok im done fighting the good fight but yeah brawl owns lol look firus no period Ooh / to mithx/ i really REALLY HATE when people call me fizz i mean is the L invisible?

flizzz

Smash Cadet
A real Smash player realizes that we don't hate Brawl because we can't adapt. It's because we don't want to adapt, because we hate what we have to adapt to.
What's next, do you want me to adapt to being a homeless person if I don't have to and don't want to be a homeless?

i love this post

Cinder

Smash Master
Thing is, it's the truth...why should we HAVE to adapt to be considered "true" Smashers? We don't...and we won't...don't like it? Tough...seriously, you're just being obnoxious...and I ain't in the mood to deal with obnoxious little ***wipes like you, so if you don't want to get your *** handed to you, I suggest you shut the **** up and leave...

Mith_

Smash Champion
thing Is, It's The Truth...why Should We Have To Adapt To Be Considered "true" Smashers? We Don't...and We Won't...don't Like It? Tough...seriously, You're Just Being Obnoxious...and I Ain't In The Mood To Deal With Obnoxious Little ***wipes Like You, So If You Don't Want To Get Your *** Handed To You, I Suggest You Shut The **** Up And Leave...
Omg Cyber Bullying.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, because I actually like to not torture people when they try to read my posts. Not to mention that, again, you sound more intelligent when you use proper spelling and grammar. It's not like it's a useless skill in life, either.

How many errors in that post?

Well, let's see.

- Didn't capitalize "wow"
- No comma after "wow"
- "Your self" is one word
- Didn't capitalize "if"
- No comma after "if so"
- Wrong "your" (should be "you're")
- No comma after sad (x2)
- "English" should be capitalized
- Didn't capitalize "i"
- No comma after "i mean"
- "Whats" needs an apostrophe
- "Grammer" is the wrong spelling
- Didn't capitalize "it"
- "Lol" should not be used in writing, only in Instant Messaging
- Didn't capitalize "but"
- Didn't capitalize "i"
- The period at the end of "but i ask you this" should be a semicolon (with this change, "how" shouldn't be capitalized)

So 17 total, not counting some double spaces mid-sentence and the lack of them between sentences.

By the way, before you tell me I have no life or whatever for doing that (which I know you will), you didn't trick me or get me to waste my time or anything. I realize what I did, and I don't see it as a waste of time. I rather enjoyed ripping your post apart.

As for your comment on my comment...seriously, it's the truth. Is it extreme? Certainly, but to me playing Brawl is completely undesirable. As such, it's completely stupid for you to say we're not real Smashers because we don't want to play Brawl. Not that we need your consent for us to be considered "real Smashers" anyways.

Thing is, it's the truth...why should we HAVE to adapt to be considered "true" Smashers? We don't...and we won't...don't like it? Tough...seriously, you're just being obnoxious...and I ain't in the mood to deal with obnoxious little ***wipes like you, so if you don't want to get your *** handed to you, I suggest you shut the **** up and leave...
Too late, he already got his *** handed to him. *Applauds*

Mith_

Smash Champion
see flizzz you get grammartized by an english teacher because you offended him.

edit: Firus types properly so i automatically have to agree with anything he says.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Firus is my hero, he makes being a teacher look cool, that's a first in my book. lol... unlike another certain teacher in the making that i know *cough cough*, you know who you are

Fletch

Smash Master
**** Firus, I was reading the last 2 pages and about to address all the idiots (especially "flizzz", hater of all grammar), but you beat me to it... and did a **** good job.

Mith_

Smash Champion
**** Firus, I was reading the last 2 pages and about to address all the idiots (especially "flizzz", hater of all grammar), but you beat me to it... and did a **** good job.
you mean grammar idiots or idiots in general?
i try to use correct grammar but i don't really care for capitalization and sentence structure unless i actually want somebody to read my post lol.

go go 700th post >.>

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
you mean grammar idiots or idiots in general?
i try to use correct grammar but i don't really care for capitalization and sentence structure unless i actually want somebody to read my post lol.

go go 700th post >.>
i think he meant idiots in general... that's my reason for being around, and yah i agree capitalization takes to much effort.

Top Bottom