Critique Super Smash Bros.

NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Then it's a flaw in Mario Kart 7 as well. The flying blue shell had wings in Double Dash. That should never have changed.
I thought that people did not like that the shell in that latter form was mostly only a tool for spite and not actually that productive in helping you win the race? At least the current one brings the best of 64's version and the flying one by letting you take out people in front while still keeping the item's purpose of keeping races close.

Last edited:

chikin

Coin Collector
Premium
The fact that we have so many characters to get to the point where the roster feels.... too big. There are a lot of characters that we don't really need and it feels like they were added just for the sake of every character returning, characters such as Doctor Mario or Pichu.

Online play is horrible, you would think Nintendo would fix the lag by now, especially since we had online since Brawl which was back in 2008.

Some of the characters are horrific to go against, to get to the point where I just don't want to play online because of the risk of going against these characters.

Lenidem

Smash Ace
I thought that people did not like that the shell in that latter form was mostly only a tool for spite and not actually that productive in helping you win the race? At least the current one brings the best of 64's version and the flying one by letting you take out people in front while still keeping the item's purpose of keeping races close.
You do realise I was joking, right?

Perkilator

Smash Master
San Clemente, CA (assuming it's not hell)
Man, some of the DLC Spirit Boards feel so limited. I know the DLC team and budget are smaller, but they could've added a couple to few more Spirits to each DLC Spirit Board. Here are the ones I'd add:

Persona's Spirit Board
-Hero (Persona 3) (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Aigis (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Hero (Persona 4) (:starman::starman::starman:)

Dragon Quest's Spirit Board
-Dragonlord (:starman::starman::starman:) -> Dragonlord (Dragon) (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)

Banjo-Kazooie's Spirit Board
-Klungo (:starman:)
-Mr. Patch (:starman::starman:)
-Lord Woo Fak Fak (:starman::starman::starman:)

SNK's Spirit Board
-Mai Shiranui* (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Rock Howard (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Yuri Sakazaki (:starman::starman:)
-Earthquake (:starman::starman:)
-Marco Rossi (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Fio Germi (:starman::starman:)

Byleth's Spirit Board
-Death Knight (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Flayn (:starman::starman:)

ARMS's Spirit Board
-Lola Pop (:starman::starman:)
-Misango (:starman::starman:)
-Springtron (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Dr. Coyle (:starman::starman::starman:)
-Hedlok (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
-Biff (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)

*There is artwork of Mai they can use to keep that E10+ rating:
View attachment 277871
Thought I'd expand on this one critique.

That's how bad it is. Think about it. If Pokemon Trainer is using Pokemon to fight Nintendo icons, what fighting stance would he have once their defeated? Would he try to catch Kirby, Luigi, Toon Link, etc if he wins? Its like Pokemon all over again and the fact that Charizard entirely replaced him in Smash Wii U/3DS kinda helps my point.

Pokeballs alone already represents what Pokemon Trainer wants to bring to the table. His addition is pointless to me.

That's how bad it is. Think about it. If Pokemon Trainer is using Pokemon to fight Nintendo icons, what fighting stance would he have once their defeated? Would he try to catch Kirby, Luigi, Toon Link, etc if he wins? Its like Pokemon all over again and the fact that Charizard entirely replaced him in Smash Wii U/3DS kinda helps my point.

Pokeballs alone already represents what Pokemon Trainer wants to bring to the table. His addition is pointless to me.
This reminds me of a Brawl~era argument against a character’s inclusion. I must admit I’m getting quite nostalgic.

SGoW

Smash Journeyman

ah yes, because every character in smash acts and works exactly like they do in their home series

also pokeballs aren't playable

Yeah, and everybody, including Link and Zelda, claps happily when Ganondorf wins. How logic is that?

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
My critique is with the 8.0 patch. I feel they really shot themselves in the foot by buffing the combo potential of already combo-heavy characters that honestly did not need the buffs to be viable (Falcon, Falco, Pit/Dark Pit especially). Normally it would be 'whatever', but since almost everyone is playing on wifi right now it feels like the majority of matches end up being spamming safe moves and getting free connections into virtually guaranteed training mode combos. Granted, this wasn't exclusive to 8.0 - the faster pace of the game has always meant that online would suffer from lack of available reaction time, but 8.0 is just exacerbating this problem.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Using Pokemon who work together as a team and switching at appropriate times are key elements of Pokemon's gameplay. Trainer is the only Pokemon character to represent that, in addition to representing the stages of evolution. They are the Robin of the Pokemon series - I've heard many people say that Robin reps FE the best because they best represent FE's mechanics. Same goes for Pokemon Trainer.

Top Bottom