• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Wario thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padô

Smash Lord

Wario Ditto and you guys timed the matchout, remarkable... I bet if someone is whatching to this... It's like Puff Ditto on melee, unless you guys GR each other :D

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

Wario Ditto and you guys timed the matchout, remarkable... I bet if someone is whatching to this... It's like Puff Ditto on melee, unless you guys GR each other :D
Cover your shame man!

-10 respect points for pado.. :mad:

Asa

Smash Hero
ohhh

the bike jump

just press jump and side b at the same time

tedeth

Smash Master
Chomp bad against MK.

Also Asa you can grab release MK to lots of good stuff like uair/waft on that SV platform. You had a good setup for it in game 1.

EDIT: F-tilt *****.

Asa

Smash Hero
timing out ddd in friendlies, that's what i like to see <3

not really much to say dude, this was very well done lol

i did wonder why you attempted to use your fart so early at 1:40?

Masky

Smash Master
I didn't think his nair would autocancel for some reason. So basically I got overconfident and was careless :/

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Masky-

Great wario DDD game. Please camp moar and do moar smart stuff. It makes me laugh maniacally at the fat wannabe king, Dedede.

Also, I suggest you try baiting a utilt at low 100's (you) and chomp them on the top of a platform, smashville and BF work, they fly right into your mouth when they utilt from below you. XDXD

And by the way my favorite strat in the D3 matchup now is to keep my back to the stage and taunt them when they throw waddles X3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That was a good match you really demonstrated how meaningles GR and Bair are. Either though you get hit with bair maybe 5 times the whole MU it's was no where near the **** that others have claimed it to be. Also you didn't get GR onced. How'd you break out of his grab so fast? He pummeled you once during the CG and you broke out instantly.

The only thing I'm curious about is why around IDK like 6 minute mark I think you pulled out your bike d3 landed on the top platform you coulda easily through the bike up at him but you opted to bike jump away. Why'd didn't you through the bike at him?

Also there was a point where you just stood there while d3 ftilted and it missed. DId you know it was going to miss or did you just not care about being hit by his ftilt ?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Is that the part where he dodged the ftilt by just walking a teensy bit to the left? Too good! xD i call that the Masky dodge haha.

Masky

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback guys ^^

Masky-

Great wario DDD game. Please camp moar and do moar smart stuff. It makes me laugh maniacally at the fat wannabe king, Dedede.

Also, I suggest you try baiting a utilt at low 100's (you) and chomp them on the top of a platform, smashville and BF work, they fly right into your mouth when they utilt from below you. XDXD

And by the way my favorite strat in the D3 matchup now is to keep my back to the stage and taunt them when they throw waddles X3
The utilt thing is really interesting, I'll have to try that out, thanks.

That was a good match you really demonstrated how meaningles GR and Bair are. Either though you get hit with bair maybe 5 times the whole MU it's was no where near the **** that others have claimed it to be. Also you didn't get GR onced. How'd you break out of his grab so fast? He pummeled you once during the CG and you broke out instantly.

The only thing I'm curious about is why around IDK like 6 minute mark I think you pulled out your bike d3 landed on the top platform you coulda easily through the bike up at him but you opted to bike jump away. Why'd didn't you through the bike at him?

Also there was a point where you just stood there while d3 ftilted and it missed. DId you know it was going to miss or did you just not care about being hit by his ftilt ?
I'm pretty sure he would have been able to do platform drop->ff airdodge->grab if I tried that since Wario picks up the bike and throws it so god**** slow. So I didn't even want to try it. Or am I too paranoid??

@Ftilt: I walked just outside of its range on purpose.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You're too paranoid.

Take it from a bike main.

Granted, if he was ALREADY FF'ing on one side, then that'd be different. THEN you'd just... throw it down. And make it bounce at them at that direction (if you're facing them)

If you pick up and you're not facing them at least, you're !@#$'d.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
timing out ddd in friendlies, that's what i like to see <3

not really much to say dude, this was very well done lol

i did wonder why you attempted to use your fart so early at 1:40?
there's no such thing as friendlies vs ddd...

kaak

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if baiting an utilt with Bite is really worthwhile. It does work, but you're taking 13% and you're trading it for 7%, and I don't think you really get a lot of worthwhile followups if DDD smartly decides to DI downwards. If they don't happen to be utilting, you're probably eating a bair. In which eating does not include DDD taking damage (oh ambiguity).

High risk, low reward. Imo, very situational.

~Chair

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm not sure if baiting an utilt with Bite is really worthwhile. It does work, but you're taking 13% and you're trading it for 7%, and I don't think you really get a lot of worthwhile followups if DDD smartly decides to DI downwards. If they don't happen to be utilting, you're probably eating a bair. In which eating does not include DDD taking damage (oh ambiguity).

High risk, low reward. Imo, very situational.

~Chair
That's awesome and all, but...

Chomp on top of a platform against a D3 right below you, chances are, they are not going to hit you with a bair or uptilt, because they're too close, they'll get eaten first.

I'm not sure if bair would trade, but I doubt it, and it wont even do that much damage. Utilt doesn't trade unless you're in a weird position (like I said, right below you while you're on the platform is the best). I've eaten D3's off the moving platform on smashville and taken no damage, which leads into LOTS of setups, because now they're moving with you, leading into chain chomps, or a grab, or way off stage with the platform, for an easy fart if you read them.

Also, chomping them on plats like BF, they have to DI away, which I believe is better anyways; they've taken more damage, giving you more chance for a lead and therefore getting them away from you altogether. Plus it mind!@#$'s people. They're like SERIOUSLY, DID I JUST GET CHOMPED?! also, after that initial chomp, you can choose to chase them and attempt another chomp from the platform to the ground, chances are they're gunna roll or spot dodge. If they roll, just close your **** mouth and run like hell XD

Note of advice though, don't attempt platform chomping more than once during a set unless you're feeling lucky or they really don't know what happened the first time. It's a good mixup/setup is all I'm saying. Plus, if they're not expecting it, you're going to get more than 7 percent...

SAX

Smash Ace
Why? There wasn't even lag (for me) in those matches.
Just go on youtube and type in the word "Glutonny" Your life will be changed forever. I have a playstyle similar to Glutonny's. Just study and analysis what he does in the matches he plays and try to input that into your playing. That's what I did and I got alot better

Sky`

Smash Lord
Glorifying Glutonny and attempting to 'play like him' is going to be the downfall of many warios.

Asa

Smash Hero
word

glutonny's style works well cuz he's such a talented player

camping and defensive still da bess

Masky

Smash Master
word

glutonny's style works well cuz he's such a talented player

camping and defensive still da bess
1) a "defensive" style takes a lot of skill. this is why it's seldom seen

2) gluttony's style works well because... uh... because... wait, why does it work again??? (I agree with Sky lol)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Its because he uses the bike :cool:

Not even hunger can style on us Bike mains.

im still more pro on bike than gluttz *sneers*

B.Mack

Smash Ace
hey I have some videos from a match I played 2 weeks ago and I'd like to upload here to get opinions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3UJfkBdrE -1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1SYDyCAuFg -2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTs6b4fSxks -3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245FUVaIo1w -4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LDzbeoOAg -5

please keep in mind I wasnt taking these matches seriously and I had only started using Wario for a few days before that... (inb4johns)
but yeah, I'll have some serious videos from the next UK tourney in a few weeks hopefully.

Critique mah Wario pls :D

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
hey I have some videos from a match I played 2 weeks ago and I'd like to upload here to get opinions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3UJfkBdrE -1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1SYDyCAuFg -2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTs6b4fSxks -3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245FUVaIo1w -4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_LDzbeoOAg -5

please keep in mind I wasnt taking these matches seriously and I had only started using Wario for a few days before that... (inb4johns)
but yeah, I'll have some serious videos from the next UK tourney in a few weeks hopefully.

Critique mah Wario pls :D
Why do you want critique on matches when you're weren't playing seriously?

g2g4gold

Smash Cadet
I agree with AL on this one.

I saw the fifth match, and you're just jumping around and throwing out f-smashes and f-tilts. At least make an effort to take it seriously?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I was playing like I normally would, but I wasnt taking them seriously in the sense that I was taunting like, for landing an UpB lol. Those vids still show my general playstyle... just not as good as I could apply it. but I was expecting stuff like "dont use fsmash as much as you do" or "move X is a better followup after move Y" if you get my drift...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGBtZAytnuk&feature=recentf
Me vs Mk

This was a crew battle so the match ends at 5:00
You tend to Doublejump and rush into mk ALOT.

fault for that: you rushed mk..
2) if you double jump, you dont have any other options.
3) you wasted your jump for nothing, coulda just full hopped

good thing about double jump > rush into mk:

You make the other player feel good.

1:04: I think nair woulda came out fast enough to hit mk.
2:03: WHY THE F*** DID YOU JUMP?! coulda been a free waft or Fsmash.
3:45: that was your fart right there after the Fair.
4:46: NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom