• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Smash fighter ideas

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I've been deliberating on this sort of idea for a while because I have quite a few ideas for fighters that'd raise a few eyebrows, but one that I think would probably raise the most eyebrows of the bunch despite, in my opinion, being a pretty obvious fighter in a Smash game, is a pinball.

Literally just a pinball.

Okay, that probably sounds stupid, but the thought process is this - whether you believe Smash is intended to be a celebration of gaming history, Nintendo history, or even just a big marketing stunt, I think that one of the most overlooked elements of the arcade in the modern age is pinball. Because, like, pinball was the original "arcade machine". It's one of the most well-known types of amusement machines out there, video game adaptations of it have existed for almost as long as video games, and it's a pick that'd turn heads but has more than enough potential to work. Sure, we do have the Bumper item already in Smash, but I guess that's not quite what I have in mind.

"But pinballs don't have limbs!" True, which is why I reckon it'd predominantly fight by "summoning" different pinball table elements - anything from flippers to bumpers to slingshots to pathways and so on and so forth. It'd be a character with high fall speed and decent aerial mobility, as well as being decently fast, but struggles a little with precision and so forth.

Also, with this being a Nintendo game, you could always include alts based on Kirby's Pinball Land, Mario Pinball Land and Metroid Prime Pinball if you wanted. Just saying.

Alright, I know this sounds dumb and it will never happen for obvious reasons, but...
Assist Trophy Jar
1694344814531.png
Yes, I know adding it as a playable fighter would destroy the purpose of having assist trophies in smash and it would be huge slap in the face for future fighters like Waluigi or Lyn, but hear me out...

Assist Trophy Jar debuted in Super Smash Brawl (2008) and it's purpose was to summon various video game characters that couldn't be playable (it's like Pokeball meets non-Pokemon video games overall) and they would do couple of attacks to opponents.
It appeared also in SSB4 and Ultimate, but with new assists (because some assist characters got promoted into playable).

"But wait, how it could work since it's just a tiny humanoid trapped inside a jar??"
Well, as a fighter, the "humanoid" would "break" it's limbs out of the glass cage and they would look so monstrous (this means it's arms and legs look demonic due to having buffy arms and claws).

It's moveset could use assist characters' attacks, ranging from normal attacks to final smash.
Here's the example for it's specials:
Neutral Special: Tile spit - The jar morphs into Andross and spits the tiles in front of it.
Side Special: Kapp'N bus - It morphs into bus and drives straight at opponents like Wario Bike. It can even kamikaze itself when trapping an opponent inside the bus.
Up Special: Metroid float - It could fly for while and while pressing A, it can leech on opponents like Metroid AT.
Down Special: Bomb spawn - The jar morphs into Bomberman and spawns bombs, on ground and in the air.
Final Smash: Assist Trophy Throwdown - The jar explodes and causes all assists to come and wreck havoc on the stage, causing the players to suffer the getting beaten up by assist trophies.

It would be a middleweight mix-up fighter with no additional movement options.

The alts may be the issue, but the "ghost" could be colored in 7 colors while jar is untouched by alt colorization.

Like I said, he would be an unlikely inclusion for the game, but since we haven't got a proper playable Smash rep (Miis don't count), then Assist Trophy jar could work as fighter.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
an extremely unexpected Microsoft rep but very iconic
Smiley from Minesweeper as Pac-man clone specifically using minesweeper pc engine design

how would that even work?
simple minesweeper is a luck based game so Smiley can be a luck based fighter
moreover if Pac-man is a fighter that uses classic Namco arcade games for his moveset then smiley can basically do the same by using Microsoft entertainment pack as moveset references and it makes sense since pc gaming started with Microsoft entertainment pack which had minesweeper in it

also sound wise he can have mostly windows stuff sounds

now for his moveset

his smash attacks can be like peach side smash which comes in 3 forms
bomb, flower and empty

bomb deals high damage while flower is multi hit as it spins and empty has nothing but you can move out of the attack end frame
replace pac-man ghosts smash attacks with block that spawns these objects from bottom

his neutral special dont have the fruit cycle that pac-man has but rather a random number spawns from 1 to 8 which can be thrown each comes with different effect like mr. game and watch side special with number 8 dealing the biggest damage

down special can be similar to Isabelle but smiley will place a flag and anyone who would walk on it will trigger a bomb that comes out from the bottom

side special he can throw a barrel that will roll on stage and explode if it hits something

up special will be like duck hunt but uses ladybug to fly

up air will throw random solitaire card each with different attack power with joker card dealing the biggest damage

down air is basically like kirby down special but will use 4 random faces on a block each has different damage and effect

:):shades::surprised:😵

dash attack he can use a sweeper and sweep the floor as he runs

for grab he will use cursor

grab attack will be clicking cursor
down throw would be like sonic down throw but uses the loading cursor
up throw will use vertical arrow cursor
front throw will use side arrow cursor
back throw will use 45 degree arrow cursor

final smash can spawn yeti from skifree and eat up a fighter

rest of his moveset can remain same as pac-man and some can be him swinging flag as a weapon

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
With post #2 in this thread being a literal pinball, I don't think I can provide any suggestions that would crazier than that.

Same goes for the baby Metroid and Smiley from Minesweeper. Not suggestions I ever expected to see. Still not as crazy as an actual pinball, but still way more out there than the handful of oddball picks I might favor.

FazDude

Smash Master
Like Kirbeh said, it's probably hard to think of a fighter much crazier than what's been pitched... but dammit, I'mma try.

The President from Clubhouse Games would fight using objects from the several Clubhouse games. There's not really an underlying gimmick here - Just the absurdity of playing as a seemingly inanimate playing card. Plus, this would be a really good chance to finally get some Hanafuda representation.

Yeah, President isn't a video game, but the character's mainly based around a video game franchise, so I don't see it being too different from adding Smiley and giving him Solitaire stuff.

(To be honest, this wasn't my idea - PizzaDudeManGuy talked about it in his Smash roster video, but I like it all the same.)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
One unusual idea I had for a new fighter is the Spider Jockey

Yep the Skeleton riding a Spider that very rarely appears when playing Minecraft. I think that would be a great second Mincreaft rep

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
A wackiest character in Smash?,well i have one,but i don't have sure if it counts

Chess Pawn

Chess_piece_-_White_pawn.jpeg

Yes,a chess pawn as a playable character,Chess is the most iconic game of the history,and it not just for video games,since there are Chess video games versions and Chess is a public domain.

Last edited:

Amornal1

Smash Apprentice
Chomper from pvz: garden warfare as a piranha plant echo.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Videospiel-Man
1696772532312.png

He can Dualwield, Throws "Shuriken", Can Shoot out Energy Beams, Fire Balls, GRapple, Eat a Lollipop to heal and turn into a super saiyan!
IT Makes sense with context OKAY!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
World of Goo doesn’t have many notable characters. The player is never physically seen and is really meant to just be you. The Sign Painter is there the entire time, but is also never seen. The Gooballs are alive but wouldn’t work best as a character, as they should instead be the focus of the moveset. And any other characters in the game are really just stage hazards that do one thing and one thing only.

So who should rep this game?

The Customers.
IMG_6022.png

The Customers are generic NPCs who appear in a few cutscenes of the game, and are important for observing the game’s story and themes. I think that a single Customer, characterized as an obsessively dedicated consumer of World of Goo Corporation products, would be the right character to use in a crossover.

They would use Gooballs to fight, and would be able to represent all kinds of different gameplay mechanics and level design ideas from World of Goo. Their characterization would also represent the game the best in any potential story modes, as they would be able to best convey World of Goo’s themes just like they do in the original game itself.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
another insane pick is Snake from Nokia he has been around since 1998 and has a lot of designs and was the face mobile games before Angry birds moreover there has yet to be a playable snake type of body in smash

i have yet to see anyone make a smash move set for nokia snake

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Super Mario Logan-themed alternate costumes
  • Jeffy (Villager)
  • Chef Pee Pee (Luigi)
  • Brooklyn T. Guy (Little Mac)
  • Mr. Goodman (Wario)
  • Skins for Mario, Rosalina, Bowser, and Bowser Jr. based on their post-C&D versions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom