• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick Stages (vs. Kirby)

solecalibur

Smash Master
No he can not wall grab brinstar, its mentioned as a good CP stage vs lucario's but everyone has stupid tricks you need to see at least once before you take character X to brinstar

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
No he can not wall grab brinstar, its mentioned as a good CP stage vs lucario's but everyone has stupid tricks you need to see at least once before you take character X to brinstar
You sure he can't?
I just kinda wanna see that.
We can walljump from it.
So funny.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
most lucarios probably don't know that though
MOST PLAYERS don't know that

hardcore lucarios might though
by hardcore i mean people who have mained him forever on boards and top of lucarios metagame

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We're good on BF, SV and Lylat in my exp. FD and Yoshi's really suck.

If Japes is legal ban it immediately. It's such a stupid stage in this matchup. FD or Frigate would be my second choice to ban, the wall lets him bypass the gay right edge on first transformation while we're still screwed.

CP RC, Brinstar, BF in that order

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
BF imo, it hurts his ability to come down with the key cause we can just punish from below. I like neutrals a lot vs GaW actually

This is weird because I actually recommend avoiding brinstar and RC which are normally my favorite CPs. Brinstar is too good for him with stupidly small boundaries making you die at around 70% and tendrils and bubblies to extend his hitboxes and lengthen their durations even more. RC is just annoying because his up b can gimp you for the tiniest mistakes

solecalibur

Smash Master
Neutral : BF, Ps1, FD, YI, SV, Llyat In that order
CP : Delfino, Bf, Ps1
Ban : Norfair, RC, Llyat*

*I dont like vsing G&W on llyat because of the light blue color on it makes it almost impossible for my eyes to see him

More platforms the better but dont give them to much room to throw aireals then retreat (IE norfair)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm pretty sure we **** GaW on almost ANY stage, even RC. He is possibly one of our easiest match-ups, we beat him handily just like any character our jab connects on. 1 frame punish option = :\

Dakpo

Smash Lord
It best to pick stages with more platforms, the best for that would be BF and YI.
RC is just annoying because his up b can gimp you for the tiniest mistakes[/QUOTE said:
<---- that. but i think japes ***** zss even harder than RC in this match up

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am using :gw: for my secondary so I think I can attempt to help with this.

I'd usually ban RC/Brinstar/Norfair against him cuz there is where he can do pretty well there. Though ZSS goes pretty well on RC as well.

Best neutrals imo are BF and PS1. Platforms stop the key. Though I like BF as a neutral for gw cuz the edge is forgiving to his recovery and the platforms kindof help with his gimmicks. *shrug* I also like YI in this MU

I'd cp Delfino cuz it's just not that good for GW against ZSS and it's one of my fav CPs

Anyways hope that helped a little if not oops ^^"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pit seems to be a very stage reliant MU it seems for me. I'd say stage striking goes like this

Strike: FD, SV,DP,Halberd
CP: Brinstar, RC, PS1, or BF
Ban: Anywhere he can be campy like FD

That's my input I guess =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why so? Pit can camp/plank easy without the nuisance of platforms. It might just be me with FD :laugh:

What's your opinion? =P

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Why so? Pit can camp/plank easy without the nuisance of platforms. It might just be me with FD :laugh:

What's your opinion? =P
Pit's camping isn't hard to deal with.
Also, if Pit is planking, wait for 35 ledge grabs, and time him out. He loses the match.
FD is good vs. Pit because if he tries to fly under the stage, you can get there first.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
alright. I also know a stage Pit does bad on is YI. Im talking with a pit main to try and get what they think of stages.

Thanks ^_^

Zero

Smash Hero
Platforms don't stop Pit's arrows at all so I don't see how platforms would help beat his planking.

To beat Pit's planking: Space dsmash properly when at the edge and charge it. Wait for him to get back off.

Pit's pretty easy. If Pit's up close to you, shield his stuff and punish with dtilt. If Pit's in the air, do your pressure thing. If Pit's far away, run forward and PS his arrows. If Pit's on the edge, ^

Based on this..

Strike: Yoshi's (because it is teh ****xor)
CP: Brinstar, BF
Ban: Frigate (even moar ****), Pictochat?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pit does pretty well on all neutrals except for YI because he can't glide under the stage. The stage isn't even that bad, but it limits his recovery options. I don't think there is any "best" stage to take Pit seeing as he does well on most stages. Brinstar is one of his worst, Battlefield is best neutral, and Delphino is one of his better counter-pick stages.

This match-up is pretty even, but I believe it's slightly in Pit's favor because he can pressure ZSS's shield really well with nair, side-b, and jabs. After ZSS's shield has shrunken, she's left open for angled arrows. Pit can pressure ZSS offstage as well.

Koolaid(Pit) vs PatG(ZSS) on frigate-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNe-jZFMpE

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
oops seems I messed up everything in my stage picks x_x

I got alot to learn of ZSS :laugh: Mistakes help me learn. =P

Zero

Smash Hero
Pit's camping isn't hard to deal with.
Also, if Pit is planking, wait for 35 ledge grabs, and time him out. He loses the match.
FD is good vs. Pit because if he tries to fly under the stage, you can get there first.
lol, a TO here introduced a rule where the only character that the LGL applies to is MK. It's a pretty legitimate rule considering MK has unpunishable planking.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
lol, a TO here introduced a rule where the only character that the LGL applies to is MK. It's a pretty legitimate rule considering MK has unpunishable planking.
That is ********.
If I was in your region, I would go to norfair, and get it banned at least there.
It is SO EASY, especially with ZSS. Invincibility ledge grab > down-b invincibility > ledge grab.
MK specific rules are dumb. -.-

Zero

Smash Hero
This match-up is pretty even, but I believe it's slightly in Pit's favor because he can pressure ZSS's shield really well with nair, side-b, and jabs. E
I'm fairly confident that ZSS can shield > uair your nair, probably retreating nair as well. As for your jab, it seems to me a lot like Marth's Dancing Blade; if the ZSS can react fast enough to your mixup, you can get dtilt'd out of it, but if not, jab -> grab will be an effective mixup. The multi-hit jab is probably unpunishable on ground though...

Drae

Smash Rookie
From my personal experience, having really only played three different Toon Links, I usually fair better on FD than anything. On Battlefield I have a harder time fighting them because of the platforms and on Smashville it's really up in the air but I usually win my matches on FD.

On FD they spam boomerangs and arrows and then tilt like crazy whenever i get in range but there it's easier for me to just approach them from the air. The platforms on Battlefield make it a little harder for me to approach. That's how it is for me anyway.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I say BF for best Neutral against TL. However Idk about CPs yet since I am still trying to learn all the MUs :S

Don't wanna repeat the same mistakes ">_>

solecalibur

Smash Master
Ban Fd -) Pictochat -) Japes -) Port Town Aero Dive -) 75m -) Super Mario Bros.

Go BF then SV if you have to

Cp BF SV

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I usually ban brinstar vs our best toon link. It can get pretty rough there. ><

solecalibur

Smash Master
Well now my question is have I just been playing bad Toon Links since I'm supposed to ban FD?
Quivo rocks my world on FD with his Toon link, (Stages listed are only ones I've attempted in brackets)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
In my experience, Halberd is actually the worst neutral in the MU, since TL's kill options are... fairly limited, and the low-ceiling helps his u-smash more than it helps our uair.
BF is okay if you're good on platforms.
FD isn't as bad as it is on paper, because more space = more time to react. Also, it's boundaries are huge, so TL will not kill you for... quite a while.
SV has tiny sides, so killing blah blah blah.
Delfino... dunno, but it's big?
YI, platform is annoying, to get down from for both characters, so I think it's pretty neutral.
Lylat will screw his recovery, so that seems like a fun stage... Though the platforms seem like they help his camping. (with that specific height)
CS is big, so probably bad.
PS1... not a clue.

Strike: Halberd/SV/PS1/YI
Ban: Halberd?/SV?/Brinstar? (Small boudary stages)
CP: Norfair?/Delfino?/RC?/Green Greens? (The blocks would stop his camping.)

Umm... yeah, that's my guess.
Somebody get a TL main in here, or something.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Norfair is banned already. Has been banned for like a year now.
Actually nofair was only just banned yesterday in SA when I starting abusing the stage and just *****. I got sad, but then secretly happy that I proved a point.

Top Bottom