• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corneria is Banned!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephil

Smash Ace
http://http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

I was checking the SBR Recommended Ruleset v2.0 that Hylian posted and I was shocked when I saw this:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

I know that counters depent on ppl likes but most of fox mains agreed that Corneria was one of the best or the best counter(cmon is his home how couldn´t be).

so if Corneria is gone, which one could be the new best counter for fox generally?

Chuee

Smash Hero
The reasons corneria was banned are pretty much
TL can kill you at low% with his dsmash thing that makes you go flying after the first hit, D3's wall infinite, and grab release infinites on lucas & ness.

bobson

Smash Lord
What did Fox really have going for him here besides the low ceiling? Green Greens works fine for that.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Corneria had already been banned in a majority of tournaments, so this doesn't come as too much of a surprise at all.

Zephil

Smash Ace
for me was a huge shock... here in my country is still available but they base the rules on the ones here so I suppose that they would also ban Corneria here... well halberd I think also is a very good stage for fox so I think that is my new favorite counter

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
ya, im not too suprised cornaria is now banned.

I mean seriously how many stages with a wall and a bunch of stage hazers arnt banned or almost banned.

But ya halberd is pretty good for Fox, just use it.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah corneria deserved to be banned. Every match there turns into a gayfest, and like half of the cast(including Fox) has an infinite there. Not to mention TL was pretty broken there.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I thought it was banned already. Good call imo.

But at least i got to play a match a few days ago on there :]

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Yeah, Corneria was such a gay stage for so many characters. Kind of glad it's banned, but it hurts a bit. Oh well. No johns.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad its banned, a lot of other characters have a lot bigger advantage there then fox. Not to mention fox's is one of the hardest to pull off. No combos lead into a shine, and you have to be in just the right position for it to work. The only way you could get an infinite with fox there would be if the enemy was asking for it, or were clumsily trying to get you also into an infinite but they're super readable.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon stadium has the tree where we can still get infinite's.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Same with Rookie..

I was one of the creators of FL's general rule list... and Corneria was never really discussed, even...

Like, tail camping was a sort of issue in Melee... with better defensive options, and so many infinites in Brawl, banning it was really a no-brainer...

I have never played a tourney match there. *shrug*

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im a little sad that its gone cause my Fox lost a cp stage, hes now on delfino, but as a JP main im glad its gone so i don't have to waste a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom