• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contest: The Ultimate Fox Showoff (RULES UPDATE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay then so its like this now.
apparently fast fox wins by default.
cunning kitsune doesnt even enter and he already one.
takahashi would win for sure.
hmmm. i think if theyre not gonna enter a video, then who cares.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I'm contemplating entering.

I just don't know how good the quality of the footage is going to be.

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
I gonna win for sure, cuz I'm Mr.Techskill^^

Well can anyone please answer my question... I've asked if it's possible to make a Trainingsmode Video...

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Training mode is fine ProsmasherTim, anything to demonstrate your skill - except for AR.

Silent Wolf, 13 minutes? Hmm... is there no way to make a video just for this contest. Like under 5 minutes long. You could take the BEST of the best scenes from your combo vid and enter them. Wouldn't that work better than a 13 minute vid?

To everyone, ONE recording session was how I wanted this contest to be originally, but people didn't like the idea and I wasn't getting many PMs for participants so I decided that I should change the rules so that editing is allowed. However, I'm sure that judges will still be most impressed with a video that follows the old rules. They will be impressed by consistency and creativity. Combo vids won't be as impressive. Especially combo vids where each scene is pretty short. So if you really want to make a good video, follow the old rules where you perform all your stuff in a 2-3 minute freestyle (or choreographed). It's harder, but it'll be a TRUE show of your skills.

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
lol I bet 5 $ not a single bet will be right^^

If you see my Vid you guys don't want to make a vid anymore^^ lol a little bit of exeggeration in my post

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Tim, truly: You will most likely win. Everyone else seems dull compared to you.

Are you attending to RoS4?

Tim, truly: You will most likely win. Everyone else seems dull compared to you.

Are you attending to RoS4?
..................right............the only thing he can do that other cant really is infinite JC shine. those arent really as impressive anymore either. unless you can prove me wrong, ima stand by it

I've never seen anyone JC shines so fast and easily as Tim has proven...

Silent Wolf step it up =)
thats true, but thats the thing that makes him unique, and unless he proves to me that he can do other things like that, i dont think he makes any of us look "dull" and isnt gonna win fo sho. lol we'll just have to see, my part might not show consistency cause i have to finish it by friday but i dont really care anymore. :(
ill still enter what i have, though im not to happy about it. w/e though.
eggz, dont make that bet lolz
im more into my combo vidoe atm.

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
xD you guys are thinkin the only impressive thing I can do is doubleshining? that makes me lough... There is nothing with Fox I'm not able to... tell me something you wanna see and I'll show you... Tell me some impressive **** I should do in my vid and I'll do that... Silent wolf you won't be disappointed of my vid I swear...

what i meant was the only thing impressive you can do imo, pretty much anythjing else with fox thats possible i can do and dont think is all that great anymore lol.
if i can do it, its not impressive imo, lol. doubleshines like that i cannot do, but im over it now, theyre old.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
Hahah ill i sure as hell wont win but ill enter! hahah and how about this no shines im gonna show ull how to really use fox!hahahahhahahah

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Wow well i'd love to enter myself, but i have no form of recording equipment :'(

But if you guys need some original ideas i've got a few i started using.. As far as i'm aware no-one else has ever used them - throughout the countless video's i've watched i've never seen a few of these done...

But yeah as for showing off a bit of the old tech skill:

-Ledgetech (NOT WALLJUMP) into a shinedash > drillkick infinate on peach is something i've never seen anyone use - and to be fair its the best looking thing i've ever done lol.

-Shinedashing dead people lol. Not exactly as it sounds, but if you use a true perfect wavedash you can actually get to them before they get up. (When you shine somebody on the floor)

-Enhancements on Thunder's combo. (Using the drillkick after a uair to continue a cycle for example)

-Instant walljump > shineturn around> Shine cancel > Bair. (Looks amazing if it hits :D)

But yeah there's a few ideas if you wanted some inspiration or anything lol.

Sorry i can't enter myself :(

Gl

those arent really all that great no offense. but thunders combo enhancements as you call em are amzingly effective. :) w/e though

Cort

Apple Head
I don't really think there's anything as impressive as JCing shines rapidly, lol. Unless you can flatland infinite Luigi on FD, which is possible. One rep covers all of FD :laugh:

I'd like to see someone shine infinite someone on FD with a laser between each shine. Or full jump drill infinite on FD, which still combos...

*scratches head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom