• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contest: The Ultimate Fox Showoff (RULES UPDATE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
ZeroFX, it's too bad you can't record vidoes, but if you want to be judge, you'll be taken into consideration once we find out how the system will work.

I don't know about this idea. It would be cool to compare foxes, but having either a standing computer or just a random human player isn't really representative of a fox's ability. Isn't DI a huge part of the game? I'm not too impressed when I see a video where there is NO intelligent opponent, because there's nothing to anticipate.
This contest is about flashiness, tech skill, and creativity more than anything else. Your video is like a painting. It wouldn't be cool if while you are painting the paper keeps moving by itself from side to side. What we are looking for is the picture. You mentioned that you wouldn't be impressed by a video where there is no intelligent opponent. Aren't you impressed by MoFo's videos, where he infinite drillshines Marth, Peach, and Link and finishes them with an up-smash? In the same way, you'll be impressed by these videos.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
This looks interesting. Too bad I can't participate here because I don't have a capture card. And also my fox is looking kinda unsexy lately too.....

But Dalal I could gladly be a judge if you need any.

Edit: I just read about the judge system and 10 judges with equally important ratings sounds more fair.
We can ask Rasalas for his, + we all main Fox too, no need to worry on that.

D

Deleted member

ZeroFX, it's too bad you can't record vidoes, but if you want to be judge, you'll be taken into consideration once we find out how the system will work.

This contest is about flashiness, tech skill, and creativity more than anything else. Your video is like a painting. It wouldn't be cool if while you are painting the paper keeps moving by itself from side to side. What we are looking for is the picture. You mentioned that you wouldn't be impressed by a video where there is no intelligent opponent. Aren't you impressed by MoFo's videos, where he infinite drillshines Marth, Peach, and Link and finishes them with an up-smash? In the same way, you'll be impressed by these videos.
mofo's videos are edited too.

I really don't see the point of this anymore.

Abuani

Smash Apprentice
Just skimmed through the thread and it looks like an awesome idea, I cant wait to see the videos it produces.
I think that the people entering the videos should have a wide range of choices though, as far as
There stage, there oppenent, whos playing the oppenent, the type of melee its in.
Because even if they have a friend play a charecter, and script out a cool 5minute video, they would still need to show consistency in doing there fox tricks.

The only thing I believe the videos should have is a time limit.

But I cant wait to see these videos ; )

that is true one seesion.
we dont have to attack the ****** character there do we? cause combos are way less impressive than things done with just fox.
hey about your location dalal, whats mofos record? or the world record for tha matter? i want to beat it. ^^

Dalal

Smash Ace
MoFo probably hasn't set any record. His videos just show him drillshining the character to the point where an up-smash will kill them. So he shines, WD, and up-smashes to finish the combo. In the videos I have, by the time he kills the drillshined opponent, the training mode consecutive hits counter is up to:

Link: 37
Marth: 35
Peach: 30

I could probably do this, but I have trouble turning the character around on FD. I need to work on that. LOL.

MoFo probably hasn't set any record. His videos just show him drillshining the character to the point where an up-smash will kill them. So he shines, WD, and up-smashes to finish the combo. In the videos I have, by the time he kills the drillshined opponent, the training mode consecutive hits counter is up to:

I could probably do this, but I have trouble turning the character around on FD. I need to work on that. LOL.
i meant the wall one, lol.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Well, in the rules I've tried to eliminate many ways of cheating. For example, the sound effects have to be on, so that we can be sure that it's not frame-by-frame AR. And I was also thinking that the initial character and stage selection screen should be shown before going into the game. What ways of cheating were you thinking about?

Well, in the rules I've tried to eliminate many ways of cheating. For example, the sound effects have to be on, so that we can be sure that it's not frame-by-frame AR. And I was also thinking that the initial character and stage selection screen should be shown before going into the game. What ways of cheating were you thinking about?
i wanted to make mine really cool edited and all, i dont really wanna put the gay stage selection in there. but id haveit start from "GO!"

D

Deleted member

I'm not talking about his combo vidoes. I'm talking about his infinite drillshine videos, where he just completes the combo in one session. Anyway, the point is - we should only record one session.
the combo videos were impressive in 2004. If this is your example, expect to get a dozen infinite videos. back in 2004 when me and mofo were the only players who could infinite a human this would have been appreciable. this is 2006. 3 or 4 no-names can infinite to 300%+ easily.

I don't see a point to this any more. I'm dropping out of your contest.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Good idea...
I think Zelgadis may have a good chance here, hes a good show off fox lolXD

Dalal

Smash Ace
the combo videos were impressive in 2004. If this is your example, expect to get a dozen infinite videos. back in 2004 when me and mofo were the only players who could infinite a human this would have been appreciable. this is 2006. 3 or 4 no-names can infinite to 300%+ easily.
Haha, MoFo's vids were a bad example. I just mentioned them because I'm kind of into them right now (I'm trying to master the infinite). UmbreonMow, we need some rules in this contest so that people can't just submit anything they like - edited, cut-up - like combo videos. If you're flashy with Fox without infinites, then you don't NEED to use the dummy character as a punching bag for comboes, you can just set the character to human and ignore it. Just showoff your crazy skills without using anyone else. Waveshine nothing, shffl nothing, drillshine, pillar, do whatever you can on nothing. Apparantly Silent Wolf isn't going to use anyone, so you shouldn't have to either man.

i wanted to make mine really cool edited and all, i dont really wanna put the gay stage selection in there. but id haveit start from "GO!"
Yeah, it's cool, we don't need to have the stage selection and all. If you want to edit, edit everything except the actual gameplay footage. I mean, make sure the sound effects are on, and you can add your own music in the background if you like. But don't take off the sound, so we know it's not AR. Add the starting, ending, and all that, but leave the gameplay footage like it is.

Juce

Smash Ace

yay, i feel good now that i got 32 on peach

i might do this for fun even though it wont be me editting, it'll just be my fox.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
You should disqualify Juce because:

1) He's not editing his own video
2) He's from Oregon
3) He's not Silent Wolf, who is obviously arrogant enough to take this contest with or without making a video.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
My wall drillshine record is 272 (somewhere around there). I got bored, so I stopped.

Tell him to, just so oi can see the look on his face when i beat him. :p
i have no way of making a video, unless silvershadow makes it...so, ill try my best haha. im still workin on a combo vid too.

Tink

Smash Hero
i would like to see silent wolfs vid, and i better not be dissapointed with all this trash talkin <_<.

Cort

Apple Head
I highly doubt Mr. Wolf could even get close to m2k if both of them tried.

But will we ever see? Probably not. u_u

You say that cause youve never seen me try and be as technical as possible. -.-
I've also been told im clearly faster than him too.
id like to see him do things i cant, im not saying he cant, id just like to see. ^^
m2k is more fluent than me.

Dalal, make the deadline very far from now plz, cause i got robbed and have no smash. :(
plus seeing the guy whos editing it doesnt happen too often. id like to enter.

I think you should be a judge cort.

and if anyone is going to NCT2 red version, ima be there and i can show you stuffs. ^_^
possibly mm, but im in major debt, lolz.

i only talk **** when i can back it up. so i always talk ****, LOL.

LuCKy

Smash Master
im making a combo vid right now it should be on youtube next week dont know if it will compare 2 wolfs but i garrenty it wont be the worst oh ya anyone live in norwalk cuz im da best fox around ther errr i think i am cuz i won the tourney at the artesia game stop so must be prety good

Cort

Apple Head
You say that cause youve never seen me try and be as technical as possible. -.-
I've also been told im clearly faster than him too.
id like to see him do things i cant, im not saying he cant, id just like to see. ^^
m2k is more fluent than me.

Dalal, make the deadline very far from now plz, cause i got robbed and have no smash. :(
plus seeing the guy whos editing it doesnt happen too often. id like to enter.

I think you should be a judge cort.

and if anyone is going to NCT2 red version, ima be there and i can show you stuffs. ^_^
possibly mm, but im in major debt, lolz.

i only talk **** when i can back it up. so i always talk ****, LOL.
How can you be clearly faster than perfect? Heh. SHDL with a shine in between each rep followed by SHFFL'd dairs with a shine between each rep for a good 10-15 seconds.

I've never seen someone as consistent as m2k when he's warmed up and ready. And this kid practices this nonsense pretty much all day >_>

I'd love to judge.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
sounds really cool.
the only thing i think is a bad idea is having 5 minutes as a standard.
in my opinion, it should be like 1~3 minutes.
it will be hard to perform all that fancy fox stuff smoothly for so long, or have a plan or even remember it all lol.

when i think of it there should be a contest like this for other chars like falco. maybe even falcon.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
That's just it. I don't see much participation taken place. If there is, I don't think the calibur of the contestants will be worth watching and judging. I can see this working somewhat if it wasn't so formal or "official".

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
I don't like how the video has to be non edited. Maybe with some rule changes I'll be interested in doing this.

How can you be clearly faster than perfect? Heh. SHDL with a shine in between each rep followed by SHFFL'd dairs with a shine between each rep for a good 10-15 seconds.

I've never seen someone as consistent as m2k when he's warmed up and ready. And this kid practices this nonsense pretty much all day >_>

I'd love to judge.
uhh i can do that pretty much perfect...
i do the same thing all day...
not only that one but w/e
just out of curiosity, who do you play as cort?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
So I'd like to apply to be a judge. I'm highly technical in my own right, have quick eyes, and can easily determine good skill. I have great organization capabilities, and can really see when someone puts great effort into a piece of work. Also, I don't have video recording capabilities here, so if I cannot enter the contest, I might as well apply for a judge spot. Anything I need to do to fill out or whatnot, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom