• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Votes:
  1. Nightmare
  2. Artorias
  3. Sephiroth
I will post in few hours the winner, I considered do it rn but I had kinda a rough day, nothing interesing but just not in the mood to do the vote counts. Tomorrow also will have two more jobs so stay perky!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, the counts are done, our new bosses are Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Sephiroth and Nightmare!, now I want to aclare some things:
  • These characters aren't completely disconfirmed, since it's very common to have playable bosses, yet I will try to promote any new character over someone who is already here in some way.
    • In fact it's very possible that one of the jobs for second reps consist in submit a boss (since with the exception of Nightmare, at the moment every boss has a playable character of his own world.
  • I will aim to have at least 8 bosses so there will be more boss jobs in the future, don't worry if your fav didn't made it or if you weren't able to submit something!
Now we will have two jobs.
JOB #30D - SUBMIT ARCADE ROUTES FOR CHARACTERS!
Has I said before there it was an additional job for the arcade mode, submit the arcade routes of the characters!, now I tried to make way that this could work based on what it was submitted.
  • The Arcade Mode has between 5 and 7 fights, including a bonus stage that it will randomly be chosen between Target Test, Car Smash and Survival (with the possibility to have a pair of additional stages in the future), a boss fight and a true boss fight.
  • The Arcade Mode will increase in difficutly in consequence to the player's performance, if the player plays well its recompensated with a scale up of difficulty, meanwhile if the player has struggles the game will tone down itself, yet has a drawback the arcade route would end earlier.
    • To a better example of how this work, refer to Dragon Ball FighterZ Arcade Mode.
  • The arcade routes has thematics, you can choice any class of thematic that you think it fits them, you can also take the proper Ultimate's routes and adapt it to our roster.
    • Since we still don't have the complete roster yet, future Arcade Route jobs will also include the possibility to update the previous routes adding characters that you feel suits better or even changing completely the route.
  • The "fake boss" would be a powered up version of an already established character, you can either suggest which class of buffs it would have or just put something like "Midboss Fight: Powered Mario".
  • The true boss is one of the bosses that we added today.
I thing this could be quite confusing, but for that I want to make my own route has an example.
The Promised Victory: Saber fights against skilled swordmaster reffering to her servant class. Some of them doesn't use a sword has their main way to attack but being honest, that's not to strange in the Fate series.
  • 1st Fight: Steve
  • 2nd Fight: Ryu Hayabusa
  • 3rd Fight: Kratos
  • Bonus Round
  • 4th Fight: Shovel Knight
  • 5th Fight: Chosen Undead
  • Midboss: Powered Hero, the MP cost of his spells is reduced by half.
  • 6th Fight: Cloud Strife
  • 7th Fight: Cust (Swordfighter Style)
  • 8th Fight: Link
  • Final Boss: Nightmare
JOB #31: SUBMIT A PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER
Most of our roster have either male characters or characters that probably doesn't even have a genre from the start, only having Samus, Saber, Miss Pacman, Curly Brace and Alex, and even then the last three are actually skins. So it's time to change that!, submit any female character do you want.

Last edited:
Job 31:
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider - Embracer group)
1658324777929.png

Who is Lara Croft?
Lara Croft is main character of Tomb Raider games, which she is archeologist travelling and exploring ancient cities and searching for ancient treasures in her games. She is very iconic character and she could deserve to be in Console wars game.
She was made by Core Design and her IP was passed on Eidos Interactive, which is nowadays known as Square Enix europe. in this year, Square sold her rights to Embracer group alongside other Eidos IPs.

How she could work in Platform Fighter?
Her moveset could consist of her actions from her games like shooting from bows or rolling a boulder in front of her. She could wall jump, wall climb and crawl as her movement options. Her Final Smash could be, where she rides on T-Rex and chases opponents in cutscene and KOes them.
Her design is based on modern games, but she could have alts alluding to her old games.

Why Lara Croft?
I nominate Lara Croft, because she is an female icon of gaming and she could deserve a spot in Console wars roster due to fact that she popularized action-adventure games and she was well known character like I said earlier.
She debuted on Sega Saturn and her games sold huge amount of copies worldwide and in fact that she originated from United Kingdom, so it could appeal to western community and eastern Community.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My own nomination is 2B from NieR Automata, considering that a lot of the roster is composed of long established franchises even if NieR has a series isn't that new (especially if you also count Drakengard) is still one of the most promiment titles of the past decade. Also love the character and she would have a very fun moveset.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Well, as much as I love Fire Emblem, there's only one character who comes to mind for me when thinking of Female Video Game Characters.....
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
1658347994830.png

So last I checked Touhou was a pretty big deal. A dedicated fandom, one of the first non-British Indie Games to truly explode, with a cast of many beloved and iconic characters to choose from. |Reimu in particular is the main character, thus why I decided on her. She could be a cool Zoner Type Character who could also potentially be Rushdown as well due to her no-nonsense personality, and how she starts with the fight and then talks later. She could be super unique and add Touhou Music into the game, which last I checked Touhou Music is legendary. Here's a playlist of the best and any celebration of gaming would be incomplete without Touhou making it into the game, representing Bullet Hells, Indie Games, and Fan Games as a whole.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 30D:Powerful Than a God (Kratos' Route)
on this route,Kratos Fights against characters that killed a god or a monster,making reference from God of War games (especially Greek Mythology's games)

Fight 1:Sonic (Sonic killed Solaris,Perfect Gaia and Alf Layla Wa-Layla)
Fight 2:Link (Link Killed Ganondorf or Ganon every Zelda games)
Fight 3:Simon Belmont (the Belmont clan killed Dracula various and various times)
Bonus Level
Fight 4
:Hero (The heroes killed demonic entities)
Fight 5:Steve (Steve Killed Ender Dragon)
Midboss Level: Powered Choosen Undead
Fight 5:Doom Slayer (obvious,he's a demon killer)
Fight 7:Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight killed the Enchantress)
Final Boss:Sephiroth (i know it doesn't match the route's theme,but it matches the God of War proposal,it's because Kratos killed gods)

Job 31:Kat (Gravity Rush)

Kat is the protagonist from the duology game series called Gravity Rush,she is a gravity shifter that has a cat-shaped companion guardian called Dusty. Kat is been in a Smash clone called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but in Console Wars,her moveset would be a little different and not very OP.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Submissions for Arcade Routes would retain open.

Vote for your favorite female character here!
There are lots of good options here, it would be hard but I will try to mantain the winners down to 2.

Now we will have a stage job. I would also stop counting the number of jobs since I always forget them lol.

SUBMIT A STAGE FOR A FRANCHISE THAT DOESN'T HAVE ONE
Has I said before a lot of characters are lacking stages of their own, I like having franchises represend only by their stages but having playable characters without one can be a little weird (I mean yeah probably there are not too much options for a Segata Sanshiro stage but not having anything for Link, the Slayer or Mega Man could be quite weird. So now we will try to add stages for them!, the following franchises already have a stage so they wouldn't be allowed:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Final Fantasy
  • Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
Mario has a stage but it's from Mario Kart rather than the actual series so another Mario stage meanwhile isn't from MK is fair.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Sky City Tokyo (Ninja Gaiden/DoA)

Imagine it with a simple layout. Like battlefield but with potentially a different number & layout of its platforms.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1658497442364.png

City 17 (Half-Life)
You will fight in the middle of the statue street, Combine soldiers and Striders will appear ocassionally, you could also listen Wallace Breen and Isaac Kleiner talking every time there's a kill, there's also a 5% that every 30 seconds a headcrab appears and gets attached to someone's head.
Finally, Citizens will be seen in the background.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Submissions for Arcade Routes would retain open.

Vote for your favorite female character here!
There are lots of good options here, it would be hard but I will try to mantain the winners down to 2.

Now we will have a stage job. I would also stop counting the number of jobs since I always forget them lol.

SUBMIT A STAGE FOR A FRANCHISE THAT DOESN'T HAVE ONE
Has I said before a lot of characters are lacking stages of their own, I like having franchises represend only by their stages but having playable characters without one can be a little weird (I mean yeah probably there are not too much options for a Segata Sanshiro stage but not having anything for Link, the Slayer or Mega Man could be quite weird. So now we will try to add stages for them!, the following franchises already have a stage so they wouldn't be allowed:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Final Fantasy
  • Street Fighter
Mario has a stage but it's from Mario Kart rather than the actual series so another Mario stage meanwhile isn't from MK is fair.
Also Mega Man has a Stage, since Bounce Man’s Stage was one of the Winners of the 2010’s Stages thing.

Stage submission:
Hyrule Castle (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Hyrule Castle is one of places from Legend of Zelda games and it appears in N64 game LoZ: Ocarina of Time. The stage is based on Ocarina of Time Incarnation.

As for the layout, it would be similar to Smash's, but it also includes the ground portion, making the stage more expanded (it also makes it more vertical).
The graphics are going to be based on Breath of the Wild, making it more realistic (although the mountains in background are based on mountains from Breath of the Wild game).

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Forget to add those, I will do it rn.
Thanks! As for my Stage, this is the perfect stage for Casual Matches how could it not be added?
Temple (The Legend of Zelda II: Link’s Adventure)
5AB65B58-65C2-4530-B90B-2674676DC2F1.png

Same as Smash. Normally I’d try to be more creative, but this layout is just too perfect not to add. We’re all Smash Fans we should all know why Temple is fun.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry sorry sorry really sorry, I had a busy week and then yesterday I was writting the winners but the whole thing was erased sooooo...yeah....

Anyway, time to move on.

The winners are Reimu Hakurei and Lara Croft!

For the stages, I will accept all of them with the exception of the ones of Zelda, for them I will start a votation:
Vote for the one you prefer!

I will still have some problems to be active in this particular thread so I will open a job.

SUBMIT MOVESETS FOR ANY CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T HAS ONE
This includes revamps for those characters that are already in the game, unlike others for now I will mantain this job forever, in other words you can do a moveset whenever you want to do it.

Characters that already have movesets:
  • Mario​
  • Kratos​
  • Master Chief​
  • Slayer​
  • Gordon Freeman​
  • Sonic​
  • Cloud​
  • Ryu​
  • Pac-Man​
  • Solid Snake​
  • Link​
  • Chosen Undead​
  • Saber​

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
For the Zelda Stage, I'll vote for Temple. Because it's a fan favorite within the Smash Series, and an iconic stage in its own right. Not to mention smart for Marketing Reasons because of the Hyrule Jump, and represents the Dungeons of Zelda decently well. It's an iconic stage from an iconic series that could help the game out a lot if it were real.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, with a small diference the winner its Temple!, I said that I cant manage the thread anymore but I feel bad for give it in hiatus so I will make a quick job for try to revive it.

Submit your favorite character!
As simple has that, with the exception of the obvious "only video games here" you can submit any character do you want. It could be a very popular one, a niche one, or whatever you want basically!

Favorite character submission:
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
1660058307067.png
Hanzo Hamachi, aka Scorpion is one of playable characters from Midway's Mortal Kombat series and he is an undead Ninja who participates in the tourney to fight other fighters from different realms.
He is a poster boy of MK franchise (because he is one of most know characters in the game) and he is Ed Boon's favorite character.
He is one of obvious choices for second fighting game character and he is my favorite MK character. Also he makes sense in this game as playable fighter.

For his moveset, he could borrow the moves from MK games like his "get over here" spear attack or even his "Toasty" move that burns down opponents.
He could have similar playstyle to his home game counterpart and he would fast fighter in the game.

I nominate him, because he is one of my favorite MK characters and he also could make sense as fighter in Console Wars. Also I would cool if we had another fighting game character in our roster after Ryu (Street Fighter).

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Well, I think this job would be the perfect time to bring in a couple of my favorite characters, but I won't since I feel like there's only one character missing who needs this theme to really have a chance. Well, They are the one coming Right Back At Ya! I am of course referring to...
Kirby (Kirby Series)
kirby-pink.png

So Kirby. Not really the most iconic character I could choose, but still an Icon nonetheless. The main reason I'm choosing Kirby for this spot is their purpose from a Game Design Standpoint. Kirby is basically the definition of a Beginner Character, and in every Smash Game, Kirby basically acts as the friendly face who introduces you to the core mechanics of the game you're playing in a Safe and Inviting way with their Multiple Jumps and Simple Moveset showing what moves typically do across the Roster. Not to mention Custom Moves at their core are perfect for Kirby, so Kirby could probably get some cool ones based around their Official Copy Abilities. Not to mention being able to copy the Neutral Special of everyone on the Roster is a great stepping stone for Beginners, alongside the Multiple Jumps and Jumping off the Top Platform and using Stone thing. Also Kirby is stupidly popular in Japan so they also have that. Overall, I think that while Kirby is relatively obscure when it comes to this Roster, Kirby also serves a very important role for the game from a game design standpoint, I think that Kirby more than warrants their inclusion onto the Console Wars Roster.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Crash Bandicoot

images (2).jpeg

Crash Bandicoot is the eponymous protagonist from a platform game series, he is a bandicoot that was used as experiment test and almost used being Dr. Neo Cortex's servant,i said "almost" is because the machine that Dr. Cortex used in Crash was malfunctioning,Crash escaped the Dr. Cortex's castle but he needs to go back to save his girlfriend Tawna,Crash have various adventures as winning a racing tourney commanded by a alien(it's velo,not nitros oxiside),joining his "archenemy" to defeat a twin smart birds,traveling into dimensions to get masks and using animal mutants to destoy Nina Cortex's and Uka Uka's plan.

My favorite video game genre is platform,i would ask another "scrimblos bimblos" as Rayman,Spyro,Klonoa,Bomberman,Banjo and Kazooie,but Crash is iconic and it would awesome Mario VS Sonic VS Crash,three iconic mascots from their conpany console (even Crash is from Microsoft now)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, with a small diference the winner its Temple!, I said that I cant manage the thread anymore but I feel bad for give it in hiatus so I will make a quick job for try to revive it.

Submit your favorite character!
As simple has that, with the exception of the obvious "only video games here" you can submit any character do you want. It could be a very popular one, a niche one, or whatever you want basically!
Character Name: Neku Sakuraba
Character Origin: The World Ends With You (2007)

I'll be the first to admit that TWEWY isn't an icon of the gaming sphere. If anything, it's a cult-classic series - so probably not a great fit for a battle of icons. The thing is, though, I think Neku brings a ton of moveset potential - as well as incredibly unique vibes - to the field, as well as a third Square character that isn't just another "fantasy RPG hero." With such a stylised appearance (and world!), a relatively recent resurgence with the sequel and anime adaptation, and an overall ton of cool things to bring to the table (from music to a cool stage!) I think he'd be fun to see.

Neku's moveset, I imagine, would be focused on a combination of his utilisation of Psych Pins (pins that allow him to perform various psychic attacks), and assists from his allies from the original game (namely Shiki, Joshua and Beat.) This would make him a pretty good jack-of-all-trades character that you could easily switch up on the fly - be it by using mid-to-long range projectiles such as Force Rounds, or mid-range tools like Pyrokinesis, he'd be pretty fun.

On top of this, I have a few ideas as to how his alts could work. The game's nature closely associates itself with fashion, and having both his classic and sequel looks would be a must - but perhaps also referencing the in-game threads by changing his outfit could be fun! Whilst they couldn't have his appearance change in the original games due to sprite limitations, I think it'd be a cool way to represent a wide variety of in-game mechanics (and Neku in the Mr. Mew full-body outfit would be amazing to see.)

I'll be the first to admit that there are more "iconic" characters out there, but Neku's one of my personal favourites and I think this would be one of the only reasonable chances to get the psych-pin powerhouse into a crossover like this... so here goes nothing!

Top Bottom