• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The Tetris stage will be based around trying to jump above the blocks or dodging them, and if you get squashed, it's an instant k.o.

There's also an special gimmick that changes the background with some button combinations. (I'll use the GameCube Control Scheme)
  • A: generic Tetris
  • X: The original version for the Electronika 60
  • Y: Columns
  • L: Tetris 99
  • R: Tetris Effect
  • Z: Puyo Puyo
  • L + R: Panel de Pon/Puzzle League

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Stage: Pro Skater Warehouse

Kind of hard to imagine a fighter from THPS but a stage could work. Went with the very first level. As for the layout, idk maybe you can shift back & forth like in Golden Plains but obviously without the coin gimmick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Civilization
Takes place on a grid like platform. The stage will change around the battle. Famous buildings and elements from various time periods will come and go as battles rage in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unrepresented stage submission:
OutRun Bay (OutRun - SEGA)
1655626980357.png

OutRun Bay is a main setting of SEGA's popular racing series OutRun and it takes place at the sunny shore. The place debuted first as first stage of OutRun game, released in 1986 on arcades (The inspiration for the beach was Italy iirc, because the creator of the game said that OutRun arcade game's setting was inspired by Europe).

The OutRun game is one of iconic racing games that influenced other racing games like Forza, Gran Turismo and more. Also the game spawned many ports and sequels like OutRun 2: Coast to Coast and Outrunners for example.
Also there is a music genre named after the game itself, which is really cool (Meaning that the game had an impact upon Pop Culture).

The layout of the stage would be similar to Mute City SNES (Where you fight on cars like trucks and Ferrari) and they road deals you damage sometime. The stage's point of view is seen from back like in real game.
The aesthetic of the stage is based on OutRun 2: Coast to Coast, but it also takes aesthetics from older games like no-slope roads for example.
Occasionally, Hornet (Daytona USA) and Motorcycle (Hang-On) appear as cameos (They don't serve as platforms or hazards).

I nominate OutRun Bay as unrepresented stage, because it would represent racing game genre, which it wasn't represented before and the game itself had an impact for gaming culture (or heck, pop-culture) due to it's aesthetic and music.
The location appeared in SEGA crossover games like Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed or Sega Superstar Tennis, which it make sense for it's inclusion in the game.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Okay I’m just jumping in now and I have an idea for a changed up special for snake but I wanted to ask, is the gameplay of this game the exact same as smash?
Yep, we had a job time ago to decide that and most people agreed to have the same gameplay, just remind that we will have Custom Moves.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I will say my submission and start the summary.
1655763914553.png
I will do the same has Wario3 and submit a Nintendo franchise for evite a Nintendo overdosis in the roster. My submission is the Tortimer Island from Animal Crossing, it's the same has Smash.
Summary:
  • Vote for your favorite stages here!, the top 6 will be added to the game.
  • Unless someone is against, all Link and Snake changes will be allowed.
    • In the case of Link like PastaRorroKuma PastaRorroKuma proposed the Custom Moves for Link's Neutral special would be different sets of arrows.
    • Design-wise, Snake would lose the beard since is a trait most common for Big Boss.
JOB #19 SUBMIT CUSTOM MOVES FOR MARIO, SONIC AND PAC-MAN!
We will start to submit custom moves, I selected these three since they are already in Smash so it would be easier to do. Remind that Mario and Sonic's specials are changed:
Mario Moveset:
  • Neutral Special: Fireball
  • Side Special: Cappy Toss
  • Up Special: Super Jump Punch
  • Down Special: Star Spin
Sonic Moveset:
Remind that we want to make the Custom Moves more unique rather than just variations of the same move, you can do that if you want it and you consider necessary but it's more of a recomendation. This is supposed to be a quick job with a more heavy one coming tomorrow!
EDIT: The total amount of custom moves per special would be 3 variations, so in total each character should have a total of 16 special moves.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So Fortnite is a… big game. I mean, big is an understatement. Anyways, it’s definitely a game that should be here if we truly want to celebrate gaming history, but I also really don’t want a fighter because that sounds like it would be Steve on Steriods with too many memes to even bother counting. So instead, I present to you, Fortnite Island as a Stage, even with a Crudely Drawn Layout to boot!
02BA6779-4874-4A12-B790-99E7910920F8.jpeg

Introducing Fortnite Island! Basically this Stage is based around how much the Map expands after the first 30 seconds. First 30 seconds is based around making sure you have the area you want before you SD via Bus. It’s very closely knit, and based around securing kills and getting where you need to be. Then, it’s game time. You now have a large Map to explore. It’s not that big, but there are a couple of areas to explore. I decided to have the island on Loot Lake be a floating platform, with the Water there to slow you down, like in Fortnite. You have the Desert Area, where there is a walk-off., and a bit of road where the players of Fortnite will occasionally run you over with a Golf Cart. They will also occasionally interact with you as well, shooting from a distance and stealing your items. Then there's a Tower of Tilted Towers on the right. Yes, it is Destructible and will break as you deal more and more damage. Overall, even if I'm late, I think Fortnite Island would be an awesome stage in Console Wars! I've probably been disqualified so rip. As for changes to Snake and Link, Up Air for Link could be the Paraglider, and Snake being able to use one of Big Boss' Blow Up Dolls as a Trap/Counter would be pretty funny, and perfectly fitting for the type of game Metal Gear is. Also he should reload his old Grenade Launcher from Brawl as a Taunt, like in PM.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
So Fortnite is a… big game. I mean, big is an understatement. Anyways, it’s definitely a game that should be here if we truly want to celebrate gaming history, but I also really don’t want a fighter because that sounds like it would be Steve on Steriods with too many memes to even bother counting. So instead, I present to you, Fortnite Island as a Stage, even with a Crudely Drawn Layout to boot! View attachment 355092
Introducing Fortnite Island! Basically this Stage is based around how much the Map expands after the first 30 seconds. First 30 seconds is based around making sure you have the area you want before you SD via Bus. It’s very closely knit, and based around securing kills and getting where you need to be. Then, it’s game time. You now have a large Map to explore. It’s not that big, but there are a couple of areas to explore. I decided to have the island on Loot Lake be a floating platform, with the Water there to slow you down, like in Fortnite. You have the Desert Area, where there is a walk-off., and a bit of road where the players of Fortnite will occasionally run you over with a Golf Cart. They will also occasionally interact with you as well, shooting from a distance and stealing your items. Then there's a Tower of Tilted Towers on the right. Yes, it is Destructible and will break as you deal more and more damage. Overall, even if I'm late, I think Fortnite Island would be an awesome stage in Console Wars! I've probably been disqualified so rip.
Damn sorry for not let you finish, but fortunaly the votations where just starting so don't worry, I will add your submission asap!

FazDude

Smash Master
Mario Customs
  • Neutral Special: Fireball
    • Gold Flower: Mario throws a golden fireball which is similar in size, speed, and behavior as his Smash fireball. While you won't be able to turn your opponents to gold, you'll feel like you hit the jackpot if you manage to land one of its powerful crits!
  • Side Special: Cappy Toss
    • Long Jump: Mario performs a Long Jump. The move deals less damage than Cappy Toss and isn't as good at trapping opponents, but has much less start/endlag. It also has a larger hitbox.
  • Up Special: Super Jump Punch
    • Rocket Nozzle: Mario takes to the skies with F.L.U.D.D., flying straight upwards with one powerful hit. It covers more vertical distance than the Super Jump Punch, but virtually no horizontal distance.
    • Wing Cap: Mario dons the Wing Cap before jumping upwards and entering a gliding state not unlike Steve's Elytra.
    • Super Leaf: Mario dons a Super Leaf and becomes Raccoon Mario. While in this form, Mario cannot attack, but has access to an infinite number of short mid-air jumps for a short time (or until he's hit). After this period, he will enter freefall. Overall, it's not a good attack, but gives Mario a lot of flexibility when it comes to recoveries.
  • Down Special: Star Spin
Sonic Customs
  • Neutral Special: Homing Attack
    • Insta-Shield: Sonic performs a brief jump before spinning around as a ball with wind surrounding him. This move nullifies projectiles, but doesn't deal as much damage as the Homing Attack.
  • Side Special: Light Speed Dash
    • Fire Ball Dash: Sonic becomes engulfed in fire as he dashes forwards. While this move deals much more damage than the Light Speed Dash, it is also slower and doesn't cover as much ground.
  • Up Special: Sonic Boom
  • Down Special: Spin Dash
Pac-Man Customs
  • Neutral Special: Bonus Fruit
    • Ms' Bonus Fruit: Pac-Man's fruit gets swapped with those of Ms. Pac-Man, bringing eight more projectiles to the fray with vastly different abilities and behavior!
    • Namco Museum: Pac-Man's fruit gets swapped with various character sprites from other Namco games, each with different properties. This move I'm deliberately leaving ambigious - I feel like we could make a fun job out of this!
    • Pac-Dot Shoot: Pac-Man charges up before releasing a large Pac-Dot projectile. The charge determines the size/strength of the projectile, with higher charges creating clusters of smaller Pac-Dots around the main Pac-Dot as sourspots.
  • Side Special: Power Pellet
    • Rev Roll: Pac-Man runs in place, charging up. Once the special button is released, he takes off at top speed. This move trades Power Pellet's flexibility and healing potential for raw damage.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Summary:
  • Tetris, gm_construct, Pro Skater Warehouse, Outrun Bay, WarioWare Inc. and the Fortnite Island will be added!
  • We are still lacking a few custom moves, I will extend the job for the rest of the day and if the job is delayed once again I will try to do a quick research for complete their options.
  • New job incoming!
JOB #20: SUBMIT AN ASSIST TROPHY!
I was thinking on do a job about if we should make changes in the way the assist characters works but probably would be in the same way that they works in Smash, if you have an idea about how improve the AT's however feel free to submit it!, the ATs can be fron franchises that we don't repped yet and of course remind that the characters added has ATs wouldn't be promoted to playable.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Asteroids (...Asteroids)

Upon being summoned, asteroids will begin floating in from the sides of the screen. They will damage/launch foes upon contact, but if you manage to damage one, it'll break open into smaller, weaker fragments, eventually breaking away into nothingness.

(I also added some customs for Mario and Pac-Man in my post up above.)

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Summary:
  • Tetris, gm_construct, Pro Skater Warehouse, Outrun Bay, WarioWare Inc. and the Fortnite Island will be added!
  • We are still lacking a few custom moves, I will extend the job for the rest of the day and if the job is delayed once again I will try to do a quick research for complete their options.
  • New job incoming!
JOB #20: SUBMIT AN ASSIST TROPHY!
I was thinking on do a job about if we should make changes in the way the assist characters works but probably would be in the same way that they works in Smash, if you have an idea about how improve the AT's however feel free to submit it!, the ATs can be fron franchises that we don't repped yet and of course remind that the characters added has ATs wouldn't be promoted to playable.
I think the Assists being like Fraymakers works better for the type of game Console Wars would be, so I’m going to submit my assist with both Smash and Fraymakers in mind. So, who did I choose?
Sheik (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
655CF722-F4DE-433C-A2C1-F914D134BFDD.png

A Side Character in their original game, and later revealed to be Zelda in disguise, I decided that I feel like Sheik being an Assist would help Nintendo not be given any bias. Also I don’t think Sheik should disqualify Zelda from getting in, as there’s only one Canon iteration of Sheik, and multiple for Zelda. As for how they function as an Assist:
  • The regular Assist Trophy would have Sheik use their Harp to summon a whirlpool around them as they then start running around, like in Hyrule Warriors, ending with their Final Smash from Ultimate, and giving the User some Light Arrows to use as a potential item
  • The Fraymakers Style of Assist I think better suits Console Wars would have Sheik quickly appear, and do something different depending on if they are summoned while Grounded or Airborne. On the Ground, Sheik will perform their Burst Grenade from 3DS onward, before disappearing. If the opponent is close to you when Sheik is summoned, they will do an Up Tilt before using the Burst Grenade. In the Air they will appear diagonally above and behind you, as they throw some needles down to mess with the Opponent’s Recovery. Sheik only requires two bars to be built up before being able to be used.

Last edited:
Assist Submission:
Space Invaders (Space Invaders)
1655829952707.png

Space Invaders
are enemies for eponymous 1979 Taito arcade game Space Invaders and they are aliens who invade the battlefield and try to attack the player by shooting their projectiles down at player's cannon.
Space Invaders are one of most iconic Arcade game characters that many people know about this arcade game. I don't see them as fighters, but they could fit perfectly as Assist characters.

When summoned, they act like in their game: They descend down from sky and they shoot at players (The bullet gives normal damage).
You can KO them with your attacks.

I nominate Space Invaders as assist characters, because they both represent the early video game era themselves and it would make sense to include them, considering that they only shoot down at players like in their game.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think the Assists being like Fraymakers works better for the type of game Console Wars would be, so I’m going to submit my assist with both Smash and Fraymakers in mind.
Can you please explain to me how the assists works in Fraymakers please?, I didn't played the game and probably other people in the thread also didn't so would be great if you can explain me a bit more, I have a slight idea with your Sheik concept but just to end to be sure.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Assist Submission: Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Neptune_V2.png

Her form of attack is similar to F-Zero's Samurai Goroh, but she does small pauses to do a reference about the franchise that the character is attacking.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Can you please explain to me how the assists works in Fraymakers please?, I didn't played the game and probably other people in the thread also didn't so would be great if you can explain me a bit more, I have a slight idea with your Sheik concept but just to end to be sure.
Fraymakers isn’t out, but it’s basically the Assists of MvC1. Basically, after a couple bars are filled, dependent on the Assist, that character will pop out and do something, such as an attack, a buff, a debuff to the opponent, etc. They need a bar or three to be filled before being able to be used. I think, given this game would be a celebration of gaming, it would be easier to implement this style of Assist, yet more practical as now they can be used in Competitive Play, unlike Assist Trophies. They are activated by pressing A+B at the same time when the Meter is full.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry for not close the job yesterday, I was busy and I forget doing it, and because that this time will not be a strawpoll, just vote here for top 3!
  • Creeper (Minecraft)
  • Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  • Space Invaders
  • Sheik (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Bubsy
  • Asteroids
  • Adrian Shephard (Half-Life)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter, this one is mine but for time I didn't did her post, it would use hyakuretsukyaky , spinning bird kick and hazanshu with the posibility of use Hoyokosen before leave).
The top 5 would be added.
Also please vote for which version of the assist trophy we should use.
There will not be a job today, but I'm working on a list of future jobs.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Asteroids
  2. Bubster
  3. Creeper
We should try to get Chun Li and Invaders playable, I also think Bubsy should be playable but I doubt I could really convince anyone else on that
I would like Chun-Li playable, but most likely we will try to avoid second reps unless necessary/very requested.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votes:
  1. Sheik
  2. Asteroids
  3. Creeper, aw man
Also, even if I like Strikers myself I think ATs allows more unique assists.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I would like Chun-Li playable, but most likely we will try to avoid second reps unless necessary/very requested.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votes:
  1. Sheik
  2. Asteroids
  3. Creeper, aw man
Also, even if I like Strikers myself I think ATs allows more unique assists.
If we ever get the chance to submit themes, I am so submitting Villains as a theme.

Top Bottom