• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Wars: A Multi-Platform Smash game (Current job: Submitting a female character)

Base Roster size?

• Same has Brawl (39)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same has Smash 4 (51)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Same has Ultimate (74)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 12:Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's)

Freddy Fazbear is antagonist from the first Five Nights at Freddy's,the first game of franchise was released on 2014. Five Nights at Freddy's is the first video game series to have a higher fandom from a indie game and was inspired in another indie games and non-video game series related to Horror,as a Analog Horror series called Walten Files for example

I consider the official release has the og date, so yep, he is allowed.
Thanks.

Steve (Minecraft)

Steve is a character from Mojang game Minecraft, debuted in 2011 and he is a blocky human that acts as player's default avatar. Steve can dig, craft, fight and build random stuff in his game. He has even his female counterpart called Alex.
Minecraft is one of most iconic video games ever mand and it is even the most best selling one in video game history. Minecraft made a huge impact in gaming history that even MC clones started to appear after it's huge debut.

Steve could have similar moveset to Smash, but his playstyle would be more similar to his home game and he would have moveset changes that would suit him more into the fight.
(Maybe his final smash would be Ender Dragon instead)
He could also have Alex as his alternate model costume in the game.

I nominate Steve, because Minecraft is one of most important games in video game history and he would 3rd Xbox/Microsoft rep after Slayer and Chief.
Also he is an obvious pick for the game, since it's a celebration of whole gaming and Minecraft needs to have a representation in it.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
JOB #13: SUBMIT A STAGE BASED ON A CONSOLE!
Probably a very specific prompt but I was thinking that this would be a great idea for a game that tries to represent the gaming legacy, the hardware is important too!

So the job is submit a stage that is based on a console (or other devices thar runs games), could be any console like the Wii, the Atari 2600, the Xbox 360, the Zeebo, a Personal Computer or even an arcade! The stage could be the actual console, the menu hud or whatever do you think it would fit.

Oh right, also FazDude FazDude 's Shovel Knight moveset wins by default. Quote still doesn't has any moveset so the job would still be open, but if there is no submissions once again I will try to do my own.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stage submission: My Desktop

This stage is quite large, not the size of say, Temple (let alone New Pork or TGCO), but still above the average size. You fight within 4 windows in a 2-by-2 grid. (with the bars at the top of said windows being colour coded like the classic Windows/current Microsoft logo!) Those windows show different Microsoft applications and thus have different platform layouts. The big gimmick of this stage is that windows can open and close... which also closes up the blast zones! (and reveals the Bliss wallpaper in the background, but that isn't as important) The stage becomes very cramped when only one window is open. When windows re-open they will always have a new application on it.

There are 10 possible apps:

Word
The words "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" are in 3 lines and can be used as 3 soft platforms
Media Player
A swirling visualisation will show, with 4 soft platforms moving in a windmill platform.
Paint
a Final Destination hard platform is there, and 3 soft platforms will gradually be drawn to make a Battlefield layout
Minesweeper
A destructable cube you can dig into is in the middle of this window. Mines will only appear once all the cubes have been demolished, and promptly explode, sending everyone flying and instantly closing the window once everyone is knocked back.
Powerpoint
Two soft platforms here, "Click to add title" and "Click to add subtitle"
Reversi
A game of classic 3.1 Reversi is played, with every disk being part of a hard platform. Once the game is won and all fighters are off the window the board will disappear
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is running MSN Videos, which plays snippets of footage from various DOS, Windows and Xbox adverts at 360P. The video box is a big, cube-shaped, solid platform.
MSN Messenger
A conversation between Clippit and The Dot goes on, with each post being possible to use as a platform as they gradually inch up.
Solitaire
The Solitaire cards bounce around slowly - though they don't duplicate themselves - and can be used as moving platforms.
Purble Place
Fight utop 4 conveyer belts in the cake factory, two are on the bottom and intertwined, the other two are not and float above it. The conveyer belts roll into each other.

FazDude

Smash Master
I love Wario3's idea for a Windows stage (and I do feel it should count as a console stage), but I wanna throw my hat in the ring with an... odder choice.

Nintendo DS

"Hey, isn't that image from Mario Kart DS?" I hear you ask. Yes, I did get the inspiration from this battle course. However, this version of the stage would have the top screen sitting straight up, creating a 90-degree angle between both halves of the console. The bottom portion of the DS would be a hard platform, while the bottom of the top screen would hold a soft platform. Overall, a fairly simple stage.

While the stage lacks hazards, the screens can display game footage from DS titles, such as Pictochat or the aforementioned Mario Kart DS. However, this isn't limited to Nintendo titles; Third-party games could be featured as well!

Overall, Nintendo DS is a simplistic stage without a lot going on. After the utter chaos that was my Pong submission, I wanted to go with something more competitive-friendly.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Submission: Arcades
1655077334625.png

I had the idea yesterday one I was playing Street Fighter II in Capcom's Arcade Stadium (It sucks btw). The stage would be composed by three different generic arcade machines with each screen showing different games, one will show 70-early 80's games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga or Space Invaders meanwhile the other two would show games from the late 80's to the 90's like Street Fighter games, Fatal Fury, Mortal Kombat, Crazy Taxi, Tekken, Metal Slug, etc. In terms of gameplay the three cabinets would be aligned only having pits in the opposite sides of the left and right machine, there isn't any particular hazard but the players can interact a little with the games that appears in the cabinets punching the sticks or buttons to "control" the games.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 13:PlayStation 2

the stage is based on the playstation 2 startup, these vertical rectangular parallelepiped are main part of stage layout and the background it's same from PS2 startup,a black screen with a blue smoke,transparent flying cubes and red,blue,pink and green flying and glowing dots

Submission:
Wii Menu
(Nintendo Wii)
1655133349343.png

Wii Menu is a graphical shell that is a part of Wii's system software. The menu is divided into four pages, each one with a 4:3 grid and each displaying the current time and date. There are applications on this menu known as "Channels" that you could interact with (Mii channel is popular example) can be navigated using Wiimote's pointer capability.
Wii Console is one of most best-selling consoles ever in video game history and it even brought impact on gaming industry by it's motion gimmick that revolutionized it. Also the Wii Menu is one of iconic console menus that deserve a representation in Console Wars.

As for layout, it would be walk-off stage that takes place inside a Wii menu. The foreground of the stage would be based on Mii channel's floor pattern:
1655148947772.png

The "channels" would appear in background like Mii Channel, Wii Shop channel and even virtual console that shows games ranging from NES classics to N64 ones.
The Miis and cursor make cameos in background, cheering up players during the battle.

I nominate Wii menu, because it represents Wii console, one of consoles that changed the whole gaming industry by it's motion gimmick that I mentioned earlier. Speaking of Wii, this console introduced Miis, the avatars that you could customize whatever you want and because of their popularity, the Mii maker was ported to 3DS, Wii U and Switch.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for the gap, but I had internet problems that didn't allowed me to use my computer.

Summary:
  1. We still lack Quote moveset, but the job would be closed, I was thinking on do a moveset myself but for the moment I will just save the job for the future (btw, tell me if we should do the movesets at the same time we add the characters or if we should do the movesets later).
  2. I said before that I will not do the "more than one character winner" thing too often, but looking that both characters where very voted I think it would be a shame if we don't add both:
1655169802322.png
1655169830829.png

The Chosen Undead and Steve are our new characters!
Congratulations to Darkonedagger who submitted the Chosen Undead and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds who submitted Steve!

It's time to vote for our new stage, the top 3 will be in, vote here!

There is no new job since I'm quite busy with my homework but we will have a discussion.

DISCUSSION: CUSTOMIZATION
What ideas you have for customization?, we should make the alternative costumes separate of the colors?, we should bring back custom moves from Smash 4?. add a customizable character like the Mii's?, do you have another idea? leave it here!

FazDude

Smash Master
A few ideas:
  • Have 16 alts instead of 8.
  • I'd be down for having costumes seperate from colors, but if we went with 16 alts, I could see things getting stretched a bit thin.
  • I'd be down for having custom moves return, but I'd want them to be mostly entirely new abilities for characters instead of tweaks to existing specials.
  • I'm also down for customizable characters, but only if they're entirely new characters rather than using something like Miis or Xbox avatars (I don't think we should show favoritism towards any company in the case of custom characters).
  • Maybe bring back custom colors from Rivals of Aether?
  • Finally, I'd like if there were some kind of trail cosmetic that characters could use (I'm mainly inspired by the Super Mario Smash Bros. thread if I'm being honest about it, but I think there might be a few platfighters out there that do this)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Now I wouldn't argue with this in theory, but I'm not sure how "doable" it is for a creation thread. There are some characters who have 64 costumes' worth of alternate appearances, but I really can't think of much for the Heavy aside from a bunch of hats and the Robot Heavy from Mann vs. Machine.

I'm not against alternate costumes being seperate from colors ala Street Fighter, but 64 of them seems unreasonable.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yeah I think that's too much lol.

For me:
  1. I think have 12 colors is good, in the case we have more maybe some of the colors would end being generic palettes instead of references (I don't think thats bad but depends of what the rest opines about.
  2. A undefinied amount of costumes depending of the character, maybe we could also made costumes not based on their franchise but rather exclusives from this game (idk something like.....Santa Kratos! (?
  3. Custom Moves would be cool but I have worries that if most of the new characters had quite a big gap for made movesets for them make NEW custom moves that aren't just an alteration of the same would be even more hard (at least based on the previous jobs).
  4. Yeah I think if we do a customizable character it should be a brand new avatar and not a someone from a specific console (maybe we can add them has their own character eventually, make Wii Sportsman real!(?)
  5. I'm also down for custom colors, especially has someone who does a lot of them for his favorites games (that I can mod).
  6. Trail cosmetics sounds good.

FazDude

Smash Master
A undefinied amount of costumes depending of the character, maybe we could also made costumes not based on their franchise but rather exclusives from this game (idk something like.....Santa Kratos! (?
I'd be down for original costumes, but I feel the majority should come from the fighter's source material (though I wouldn't argue with deep cuts either - 1993 movie Mario costume, anyone?)
Custom Moves would be cool but I have worries that if most of the new characters had quite a big gap for made movesets for them make NEW custom moves that aren't just an alteration of the same would be even more hard (at least based on the previous jobs).
Understandable - I think they should be new moves if possible, but I won't argue if some are just attribute changes if push comes to shove.

FazDude

Smash Master
It was said it would be an orignal character iirc. That way we aren't showing bais to one platform
I suggested that it be an original character (and I still stand by that), but I don’t think it’s official yet.

That said, I did have an idea in case we don’t go with original concepts; Just make it so the heads can resemble those of Miis, Xbox avatars, and whatever Sony has as a cosmetic option.

D

Deleted member

I suggested that it be an original character (and I still stand by that), but I don’t think it’s official yet.

That said, I did have an idea in case we don’t go with original concepts; Just make it so the heads can resemble those of Miis, Xbox avatars, and whatever Sony has as a cosmetic option.
Oh I know it's not official but it's proablly the best option. I do like that idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I think we should add a customizable character for the game. That would cool idea.
There are a lot of options like Miis, Playstation Home avatars or Xbox avatars.

Heck, we could make an original customizable character for this game.
I think Sackboy is probably the best route to go in terms of that imo. Considering how LittleBigPlanet is I feel like it works out best, since then you could reference a ton of characters through that and prevent favoritism that way.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I'm back home, time for a summary:
  1. The winner stages are the Arcades, Nintendo DS and since we have a triple tie between Wii Menu, Playstation II and My Desktop we will run a second votation, this time would be here in the thread, vote for your top 2, you can vote for your own in first place if you want!.
  2. The general opnions from the discussions are:
    1. More color palettes (between 12 and 30).
    2. Divide the skins from the colors, the quantity of skins would varie with ocassional brand new outfits but with most of them coming from their series.
    3. Custom Moves coming back, some of them would be brand new for the characters meanwhile others would be variations of the move.
      1. About this, that would mean that in the case we get more characters from Smash with a gimmick mapped to the neutral or down special it would be prefered to change it to a shield special for evite having problems reworking an entire gimmick.
    4. Add a customizable avatar, I will save an specific job for inquire more into the topic, but for the moment I can say that the character wouldn't be a console exclusive avatar nor a character we already have in the game (this one goes for Sackboy). The avatar would be brand new but has I said I think dedicate a job for discusse and create the avatar character would be better.
    5. Additional things:
      1. Trail Cosmetics
      2. Custom Colors
      3. Custom Taunts
      4. Custom Stage Entrances/Win Poses (I added the Win Poses since in general this reminded me a lot to how MK11 allows you to do the exact same thing).
I will start a new job in a few minutes, I just require to do something (I was thinking on do it right now but the post was sended earlier).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
JOB #13.5: VOTE FOR OUR THIRD CONSOLE-INSPIRED STAGE
Has a side note, we will have in the future a second part of this job, so don't worry if your favorite idea doesn't gets here since it could be included the next time (or even if you didn't had the opportunity to submit your own you will be able to do it!)
JOB #14: SUBMIT ALTERNATIVE CUSTOMES!
Between our jobs related to customization we will start with skins, submit one for any of the included characters, the following costumes would be added by default:
  1. Advent Children (Cloud)
  2. Doomguy (Doom Slayer)
  3. Classic Kratos (Kratos)
  4. Curly Brace (Quote)
  5. Alex (Steve)
  6. Bearer of the Curse and Ashen One (Chosen Undead)
Also for the moment only customes that comes from the games, we will have "OC skins jobs" later.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Dr. Mario (Mario)
  2. Dread Suit Samus (Samus, assuming her Samus Returns appearance is her default)
  3. Robo Heavy (Heavy)
  4. Classic Sonic (Sonic)
  5. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  6. Evil Ryu (Ryu)
Something that I forget, try to attach an image (you can just include the link instead of post the image if you want), this is for make easier to make an idea about which version of certain costumes that has variations (like Evil Ryu that has different looks in the Alpha series, USFII and SSFIV), or at least specify the version that you are talking about, and for aclaration yes, the SR appearence is Samus' default.

My own submissions:
SF6 Ryu*
Artorias the Abysswalker (Chosen Undead)
Praetor Suit 2016 (Doom Slayer)
Saber Alter*
*Additionaly has a small thing I just thinked about. based on the "secret" alternative customes of SFV, if you hold the Select Button meanwhile you are selecting your custome Ryu's costume would remove the coat meanwhile Saber Alter would wear her mask.

Votes:
  1. Wii Menu
  2. My Desktop

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Wii Menu
2. PlayStation 2

Job 14:Alternate Costumes

Ghostly Adventures (Pac-Man) (Based on Pac-Man's design from Pac-Man from Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures)
Boom Sonic (Sonic) (Based on Sonic's design from Sonic Boom)
Phazon Suit (Samus) (Based on on Phazon Suit from Metroid Prime Trilogy)
Classic Gordon (Gordon Freeman) (Based on Gordon's Design from Half-Life 1)
Sackgirl (Sackboy) (Based on Sackboy's Costume from LittleBigPlanet games)
Baron Set (Shovel Knight) (Based on Shovel Knight's Alt Costume)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Something that I forget, try to attach an image (you can just include the link instead of post the image if you want), this is for make easier to make an idea about which version of certain costumes that has variations (like Evil Ryu that has different looks in the Alpha series, USFII and SSFIV), or at least specify the version that you are talking about, and for aclaration yes, the SR appearence is Samus' default.
Added links to my submission - I had the SSFIV design in mind for Evil Ryu.

Top Bottom