• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dead thread is dead?

Daylight Savings ****** this thread.

EDIT: I revive it:

****ing hysterical <3

BlazBlue is alot of fun, but Guilty Gear is better. I just wish Litchi was in GG.
<3

and **** Nu

oh boy do I love basement flooding. I wish it would rain forever. fml
Our basement flooded a few months ago after the first big snow storm we had. When it all started melting we were screwed. ****ty *** foundation

ALSO I saw The Hangover again and laughed like I had never seen the movie before. One of the best comedies ever made. And then I finally saw The Shining, wtf Kubrick is insane. That **** was so freakin disturbing. I don't think it's the scariest movie I've ever seen, but it certainly has to be one of the most twisted. Nicholson really did freak the **** out of me though. AND NOW I remember Cog's sig a while back was from this movie! Where the random old guy is getting head from the guy in the bear suit (Seriously WTF explain that to me!) I mean he changed so much from the book but WTF lol SO RANDOM

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The only double-perfect I've gotten online in BB came against a Nu. So I don't really hate her anymore.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I can't play it without freezing ever 5 minutes ehhhh
=] That's why its best to get the best quality pirating hardware. CycloDS is worth the money lol. I don't freeze often at all! 7 Badges down.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
thumbs the only film I find scarier than the shining is the dc of the exorcist. but the closest I've ever come to actually pissing my pants watching a movie was the old lady in the bathtub scene in the shining. and then I had to walk down the hallway in my college and go to the bathroom at 3am... uh

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dude I don't think I found The Shining as scary as I should have because I read the book when I was 17 and it scared the life out of me. I couldn't sleep with my light off for two weeks after I finished it. Room 217 was WAY scarier in the book, and I found the hedge maze chase at the end a little stupid (never happened in the book).

I let the book get in the way of the movie and I guess I couldn't help it. I own it on blu-ray now so I will rewatch it at some point and probably appreciate it way more.

And you can't tell me Alien isn't a scarier film. I almost DIED when I saw it again last year. Like WTF it is TERRIFYING

thumbswayup

Smash Master
YUP, that one chick's reaction when she got splattered with blood is authentic haha

I wish I hadn't read the book now because I would probably agree with you about it being scarier than I think it is now, but I can't go back in time HOWEVER the moments I freaked out in Alien were greater than any in The Shining. Although I will say Kubrick is a master of those unforgettable disturbing images that just haunt you long after you've finished the film.

I think as a movie that makes you jump out of your seat Alien wins, and as a movie that disturbs you on every level The Shining wins.

Also, nice avatar. That was my favorite part in the new trailer :p

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
The Shining was the scariest book I've ever read. It was just real creepy or something it really got to me.

Edit: My roommates grandparents stayed in the hotel the Shining was filmed in...creepy.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Never saw the Shining, don't think I've seen Alien.

Currently trying to finish Mononoke(TV series unrelated to Princess Mononoke) and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
YUP, that one chick's reaction when she got splattered with blood is authentic haha

I wish I hadn't read the book now because I would probably agree with you about it being scarier than I think it is now, but I can't go back in time HOWEVER the moments I freaked out in Alien were greater than any in The Shining. Although I will say Kubrick is a master of those unforgettable disturbing images that just haunt you long after you've finished the film.

I think as a movie that makes you jump out of your seat Alien wins, and as a movie that disturbs you on every level The Shining wins.

Also, nice avatar. That was my favorite part in the new trailer :p
lol yeah that trailer is so amazing

well as for my horror tastes, I much prefer lingering disturbing images/themes to jump scares. mind you Alien has jump scares that kind of transcend "jump scares", but still...

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol yeah that trailer is so amazing

well as for my horror tastes, I much prefer lingering disturbing images/themes to jump scares. mind you Alien has jump scares that kind of transcend "jump scares", but still...
Yeah no kidding. When the guy was in the pipes searching for the Alien and it pops out screaming in his face I ****ing died twice and then came back to life just to die again.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
wow i thought that format was dead. what you have like minidisc player lol?
back in like the 10th grade sony came out with mp3 players to try and enter the market with. the mp3 player itself is awesome, sony hd5 in red (look it up if you haven't seen it)...my friend and i both bought one and called them our "ipod killas. "great battery life, awesome interface, and atrac3+ really does sound noticably better than mp3 or even mp4...the software for it SUCKS *** though. holy **** is it bad, nearly ****ing unusable. obviously sony isn't even in the market anymore, except for their crappy like 2 gig mp3 players aimed at a different market.

this sums up everything about the pof situation so well... I just... it's so perfect... I have no words...
i'm glad. i felt it was the only way to convey the situation.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sony has the mind-boggling tendency to make superior hardware that almost always fails in the marketplace.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I don't hate Nu or Rachel as much as I hate spammy Jins and Ragnas. And why the Litchi hate homie?
Oh yeah, Jin is the worst.
It's actually the match-up I hate the most, though Rachel wins it. Ice car </3

Oh, I hate Litchi because I played a few games with Lord Knight and he wrecked me horribly. He's so amazing at that game.

The only double-perfect I've gotten online in BB came against a Nu. So I don't really hate her anymore.
Lol no wonder.

and **** Nu
Indeed.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think Ragna and Jin are like the easiest match ups in the game. lol.

I hate Rachel and Tager. V13 is like Akuma or some ****. Just close the gap and then go ****.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
When I play a Tager I either utterly destroy him or he utterly destroys me. There is no inbetween.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sony has the mind-boggling tendency to make superior hardware that almost always fails in the marketplace.
I'd agree except that I don't think the PSP Go is superior to the DSi/Lite/Original in enough ways to make it a truly superior piece of hardware.

I mean, really, download-only games? A huge price tag? It being a PSP?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'd agree except that I don't think the PSP Go is superior to the DSi/Lite/Original in enough ways to make it a truly superior piece of hardware.

I mean, really, download-only games? A huge price tag? It being a PSP?
Yeah, the PSP Go was pretty moronic. Especially considering that 2 out of the 3 current home consoles are cheaper than it.

I'm glad to see no hate for Arakune :D I never got technical with it but I mained him.
That's because Arakune hate goes without saying :mad:

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lord Knight is pretty darn awesome. Do you have BlazBlue for PS3 or 360?
I don't have the game at the moment and I don't plan on buying another copy since I've been investing a lot of time into Continuum Shift lately.

I think Ragna and Jin are like the easiest match ups in the game. lol.

I hate Rachel and Tager. V13 is like Akuma or some ****. Just close the gap and then go ****.
When I play a Tager I either utterly destroy him or he utterly destroys me. There is no inbetween.
Ragna is so easy, unless the person actually knows what they're doing with him. Lol **** Jin, I have a bad mental block when it comes to that character.

I love camping/clocking out Tagers :3

I'm glad to see no hate for Arakune :D I never got technical with it but I mained him.

Also, Hazama looks amazing.
Oh yeah, I hate Arakune too, though all I have to do is pumpkin spam to beat him :D
I like Tsubaki, but she's so bad :/

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
So I rented Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door from Gamefly and just beat the third chapter...and I realized that the theme for the chapter's boss Macho Grubba is ridiculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZ-T2YEPys

I think it'd be great for Final Destination or Frigate or something.
you should talk to tishincde (that guys who's name I cant spell) from mass. He does all the code editing and stuff with melee.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
VideoKidHEERO- Are you planning on getting CS for a console?

vVv Rapture- Thousand Year Door is such a great game.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
vVv Rapture- Thousand Year Door is such a great game.
I know, it truly is. The best in the series, IMO.

I just wish there was a way to put my own music on Brawl so I could have that theme play on a stage. I mean, Excite Truck let's you do that. It's a shame Brawl doesn't.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I brought up Jam's tourney as a joke to the two smasher seniors at my school. Not sure but they might be interested and if they can go then that'll be ****. (Means theres a possibility of getting them into the community)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
CT thread in a nut shell:

I troll all of you hardcore because everyone seems to love shunning me from the rest of CT and completely disregard any insert that I may have. At the same time, people wonder why my attitude is the way it is and why I continue to piss you all off.

Wouldn't you be a little pissed off if people pretty much went out of there way to make you look bad?
Lol.

Here, lets shed the light on the subject a bit. I was talking to someone the other night at Spawns smashfest stating my opinion on the blaz Blue vs Guilty Gear aspect and why I dislike BB. Low and behold Dave/Zoso from nearly the opposite side of the conversation (A good 10-15 feet away from me) goes, "Yeah, Garrett because blah blah blah." Just when I was beginning to think I should start being nice to Dave after Joes Smashfest he starts being a tool again. Good stuff Dave. You have once again helped prove my point.

makes me want to be nice to you guys. :)
YOU MEAN I WAS THAT CLOSE TO GAINING GARRETT'S APPROVAL? NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!

Also, it was funny because you did exactly what I predicted you would.

I make fun of all my friends for a variety of reasons. That's kind of how we communicate, so maybe you should stop being such a sensitive little girl and trying to play the victim.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I brought up Jam's tourney as a joke to the two smasher seniors at my school. Not sure but they might be interested and if they can go then that'll be ****. (Means theres a possibility of getting them into the community)
Speaking of my tournament, is there anyone who's going that would mind running it? I want to use this weekend to finish moving. The venue and everything is all set, I just need someone to run the brackets.

I'll go if no one else can do it.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm fed up with all the insults Dave. We're not friends anymore.

...I'm going to go cry in the shower.

Top Bottom