• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hopefully someone decides to do tournaments in the Northwest...of Connecticut. It's barren up here. And rainy. Some Smash would help. I think the LAN center in town would host a tournament, but I dunno who goes there except for weird people and Rock Band enthusiasts.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Speaking of my tournament, is there anyone who's going that would mind running it? I want to use this weekend to finish moving. The venue and everything is all set, I just need someone to run the brackets.

I'll go if no one else can do it.
Really sad to learn that you're not gonna be there, but I'll help out if I can go. Might have orientation/work which obviously has to take priority, but I should know by the end of the week.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Really sad to learn that you're not gonna be there, but I'll help out if I can go. Might have orientation/work which obviously has to take priority, but I should know by the end of the week.
Cool, thanks Dave.

Octave

Smash Ace
Lmfao HAB. I don't get why everyone trolls POF though. He was nice enough to give me advice while I played against him at the smashfest. :(

Also, Jam, I think it's pretty lame how you can't be at your own tournament D: I wanted to win some more doubles.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I've actually never met Garrett, or really anyone else on this thread besides like... Toasty and Thumbs and Trade. Swift every now and then, but I doubt he'd recognize me. Everyone I have met have been really awesome people, save for like one or two people from New Jersey.

I just troll anyone. I do it for fun, not for surz. Pretty much the story of my life.

All for lolz, never for surz.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I don't get why everyone trolls POF though. He was nice enough to give me advice while I played against him at the smashfest. :(
If you stick around in this thread long enough you might get to see why we give Garrett a hard time.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Also, Jam, I think it's pretty lame how you can't be at your own tournament D: I wanted to win some more doubles.
Man, moving has been a nightmare. The new apartment has been ready since March 1st and we're still not in there. Since there was a fire in my old apartment, the locks were changed on the doors, and we need the landlord to open it to get our stuff out.

The problem with that is that both me and my wife work and go to school during the week, so we're unavailable to move stuff during the week. The only day of the week that we're both free is Sunday, and the landlord isn't around to open the old apartment. It's been really frustrating for the last two weeks.

Yesterday, I just snuck in through the window of the old apartment to finally get all of our stuff out (and we still left a few things behind). So there are bags of unpacked stuff thrown all over the place in the new apartment. Working everyday until 8:00 PM doesn't give me much time to get things straightened out, which leaves Sunday, my only day off.

tl;dr- Three weeks ago, when I planned the tournament, I didn't anticipate that I'd still be moving. I'm sorry to everyone that was looking forward to this, and I hope that Dave and Noodles can pull my coals out of the fire on this one.

Octave

Smash Ace
That was cold, man. :(

Man, moving has been a nightmare. The new apartment has been ready since March 1st and we're still not in there. Since there was a fire in my old apartment, the locks were changed on the doors, and we need the landlord to open it to get our stuff out.

The problem with that is that both me and my wife work and go to school during the week, so we're unavailable to move stuff during the week. The only day of the week that we're both free is Sunday, and the landlord isn't around to open the old apartment. It's been really frustrating for the last two weeks.

Yesterday, I just snuck in through the window of the old apartment to finally get all of our stuff out (and we still left a few things behind). So there are bags of unpacked stuff thrown all over the place in the new apartment. Working everyday until 8:00 PM doesn't give me much time to get things straightened out, which leaves Sunday, my only day off.

tl;dr- Three weeks ago, when I planned the tournament, I didn't anticipate that I'd still be moving. I'm sorry to everyone that was looking forward to this, and I hope that Dave and Noodles can pull my coals out of the fire on this one.
Ah.. I'm sorry if my word choice came off as harsh. That indeed does suck, and let me tell you that if I had my license I would offer to help you guys move. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That was cold, man. :(

Ah.. I'm sorry if my word choice came off as harsh. That indeed does suck, and let me tell you that if I had my license I would offer to help you guys move. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Nah man, it's cool. I didn't think you were being harsh. As the guy who organized the tournament, I do owe an explanation why I won't be there.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
James Bond on Blu Ray is bonerific.

Just throwin that in there. (is watchin Live And Let Die now...)

I think HAB seems like a really cool dude. Would like to meet him.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
you should talk to tishincde (that guys who's name I cant spell) from mass. He does all the code editing and stuff with melee.
touchin' dudes is from Rhode Island, not MA.

That sounds terrible... hope things work out.

We've been thinking about moving again since we're having lots of apartment trouble, but considering we're only going to be on the east coast for another year, probably... maybe not.

btw

STOP ****ING RAINING

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I make fun of all my friends for a variety of reasons. That's kind of how we communicate, so maybe you should stop being such a sensitive little girl and trying to play the victim.
:D Yeah! Dave basically loves me and he just has this attitude that at first glance would be like, "Hes looking down on me because I have a terrible Sheik and I play Mewtwo."

On further inspection its really just "I should probably get better at this game so I can be like him and get more 'It looked like you actually knew what you were doing there!' comments."

Haha I love Dave.
Nah man, it's cool. I didn't think you were being harsh. As the guy who organized the tournament, I do owe an explanation why I won't be there.
>=O TOTAL BEE ESS. Can't call the landlord and arrange something for a Sunday morning?

btw

STOP ****ING RAINING
THIS! THIS ON FIRE!

Also, the Kimono Girls in HG/SS layed a BEATING on my ***. Hardest fight in the game so far, hands down.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, I love that picture. Pretty happy I found it.
I'm gonna make it into a wallpaper.
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
Does that eeveelution art remind anyone else of Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

Also, they still need to come out with 9 Eevee types, that is Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, and Steel. I'm looking forward to seeing how they devise all of these types 'cause I can't picture a design for any of them.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
eeveelutions are the best
when they come out with a ground-type eevee i'll most likely move to japan and forget everything but nintendo corporation.
o.O Why ground?
I'd be siked to get a Flying or Dragon Type.

And I could totally sprite all those Eevee types.

-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ground is my favorite type, that's why.
this is partially based on cubone being my favorite pokemon, but there are plenty of other ****** ground pokemon to support this claim.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That's just an excuse. You can only sprite the flying one. Too scared to admit it imo.
Fine.

CT THREAD! Tell me what type to make for Eevee.
>_>;

ground is my favorite type, that's why.
this is partially based on cubone being my favorite pokemon, but there are plenty of other ****** ground pokemon to support this claim.
Truth indeed.

Who can give me a ride from WPI to the tournament this weekend?
-DD

Top Bottom