• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
don't forget mlg owns these boards. they watch your every step. HOLY **** BIG BROTHER IS ALIVE AND WELL.

in other news thinking of changing my doule major from pre-law/film and doing pre-law/chemestry so that i can go into patent law, a field of law you have to have a science degree for so like ****ing no one is in it. and then i'd just get paid big bucks to explain to other lawyers what the patent is intended to do, no matter how obvious it is, because i would have a science degree and they wouldn't. thoughts?
Science rules, go for it.

panzy

Smash Rookie
hey. was planning on hosting a tourney as a foundraiser project. You guys think this is a good idea?!?!?!?!? never done anything even close to this but i might be able to get it to work... suggestions?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Dude if you throw a tourney, I'm sure there's people here on the boards that could help you run it. It's not that hard once you do it alot, but your first time it can be quite daunting.

Luckily people will help you out, though.

Make it a Melee tourney. >_>

EDIT: YOU SEE THAT, MODS?! I'VE RUN TOURNIES BEFORE!

Someone make my name colored. :(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Dude if you throw a tourney, I'm sure there's people here on the boards that could help you run it. It's not that hard once you do it alot, but your first time it can be quite daunting.

Luckily people will help you out, though.

Make it a Melee tourney. >_>

EDIT: YOU SEE THAT, MODS?! I'VE RUN TOURNIES BEFORE!

Someone make my name colored. :(
:o You have to apply to the TO Usergroup, and then just show them a bracket of a tournament you hosted and you're in. Online tournaments counted last time I checked lol.

hey. was planning on hosting a tourney as a foundraiser project. You guys think this is a good idea?!?!?!?!? never done anything even close to this but i might be able to get it to work... suggestions?
Yeah! Just make sure there is some incentive to go. Some sort of payout. Maybe the venue fee = amount paid to charity? It probably isn't a good idea to take it from the pot.
-DD

panzy

Smash Rookie
Yeah! Just make sure there is some incentive to go. Some sort of payout. Maybe the venue fee = amount paid to charity? It probably isn't a good idea to take it from the pot.
-DD
lol yeah. thats actually the reason I am running one. Relay for life! And leftover proceeds are going to another foundraiser i'm doing so i got it all set. It's probably not going to be that big... just a local school one..... but people at my school are afraid of losing to me and another guy at my school so they may not go. whatever. If this small idea does happen to go through, i will hype it like no tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I'll start a smash club like the one in your school :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lol yeah. thats actually the reason I am running one. Relay for life! And leftover proceeds are going to another foundraiser i'm doing so i got it all set. It's probably not going to be that big... just a local school one..... but people at my school are afraid of losing to me and another guy at my school so they may not go. whatever. If this small idea does happen to go through, i will hype it like no tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I'll start a smash club like the one in your school :D
xD Yeah man, I feel you. It took me YEARS before I could get people from my club even willing to play with someone better than myself...and now that they're willing I'm not even at the school anymore =3=!!

Just tell them to man up and play/get better at smash brothers for an afternoon to help cure cancer. Call them selfish *******s if they decline.

Unless you don't have the grip of authority I do, then you might want to be a little less pointed.

Relay for Life is the shizz. No doubt.
*nod nod*
-DD

panzy

Smash Rookie
xD Yeah man, I feel you. It took me YEARS before I could get people from my club even willing to play with someone better than myself...and now that they're willing I'm not even at the school anymore =3=!!

Just tell them to man up and play/get better at smash brothers for an afternoon to help cure cancer. Call them selfish *******s if they decline.

Unless you don't have the grip of authority I do, then you might want to be a little less pointed.

-DD
yeah. Authority.... I'd say I have some. I dono. These guys are all upper classmen so they have seniority. I should be fine anyways. hahahaha the cure cancer thing should be awesome to hit people with if they dont wanna go XD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Does Hazy have dem Photoshop skillz?

Otherwise I'd totally do it. Just hook me up with some pictures of the above mentioned.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
in other news thinking of changing my doule major from pre-law/film and doing pre-law/chemestry so that i can go into patent law, a field of law you have to have a science degree for so like ****ing no one is in it. and then i'd just get paid big bucks to explain to other lawyers what the patent is intended to do, no matter how obvious it is, because i would have a science degree and they wouldn't. thoughts?
Can you actually double major in Pre-law and Chemistry? Wouldn't pre-law be more like a minor or concentration (or dual major)? If it's a double major, I can't imagine it would be worth it since you'll have no trouble getting into law school with a straight chemistry degree (assuming you do well and shiz). I guess you'd might have a leg up on the LSATs and some of the early courses in law school. This is all just speculation though as I don't know much about pre-law, so correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I hear, scientific/technical patent jobs are quite cushy. Also, if you first get a job in a scientific/engineering role, they might pay for you to go to law school. Either way it sounds like a good career path if that's what you're into... sticking with a chemistry degree would work as well if you don't feel like going to law school (and there are many options other than patents).

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Can you actually double major in Pre-law and Chemistry? Wouldn't pre-law be more like a minor or concentration (or dual major)? If it's a double major, I can't imagine it would be worth it since you'll have no trouble getting into law school with a straight chemistry degree (assuming you do well and shiz). I guess you'd might have a leg up on the LSATs and some of the early courses in law school. This is all just speculation though as I don't know much about pre-law, so correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I hear, scientific/technical patent jobs are quite cushy. Also, if you first get a job in a scientific/engineering role, they might pay for you to go to law school. Either way it sounds like a good career path if that's what you're into... sticking with a chemistry degree would work as well if you don't feel like going to law school (and there are many options other than patents).
pre-law is an actual BA degree. the only thing is that it obviously holds no real purpose other than going into law school more prepared. most people who do patent law don't even do the pre-law part, just do science and then go to law school. however, since wesleyan has no gen. ed. and lots of choices/freedoms of classes...i feel like there's no reason i shouldn't do pre-law with either chem or physics so i can enter law-school hella prepared. when you enter patent law, you claim it in law school, have to have a scientific degree, and enter a different section of the bar than the normal law students do. you take your own bar test that has completely different questions in order to get liscensed, too.

but yeah, just a thought. i am not a huge science fan but i always found chemestry just pretty simple math, whereas physics is also enjoyable but much harder mathematically. i'm really good at math but hate it. soooo...yeh. 85% of people don't use their degree directly in their career anyway, so it's not like it's limiting even if i go through with it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oak5LypXNsc

watching now

waiting for him to mention smash

"well yeah I play falco"
Awesome video, lacked smash shoutout though.

September 8th, 8 o'clock! Mark your calendars and set your alarms!
Lets all meet at that hill out back too! The second coming has been marked!!

What is all this talk about umbreon?
Senor Breon is no longer a Mod. He resigned weeks ago evidently lol.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Marth is very, very far from bad. It's just that nobody is good with him except M2K.
I agree with this 100%. He has no respresentation right now so people aren't really too convinced he's still amazing. i think he still is amazing.

I think there's a noticeable divide between Sheik and he.
I think Sheik dominates lower tier characters better than Marth below IC's and all the characters that don't matter but against the characters people use (Fox, Falco, Jigs, Peach) Marth is amazing.

Honestly, if you think about it where is the meta game more so right now? Floaties, spacies, Fast Fallers, or weird characters like luigi, ic's, and Doc?

Floaties (Peach, Jigs) .....for sure.

and Marth is soooo good against them and imo is a very viable tourney character at this point. The only problem Marth mains should really have at is really good Falcos which is extremely common now unfortunatly and MAYBE Falcon. MAYBE. As a Marth main or as any ssbm competitor you have to know how to **** Fox and that match up has been implemented into my head.
Also, the amount of Sheik mains have decreased almost more so than Marths so Marth doesn't get hit too hard w his worst match up.

I'm high right now.

Alice In Wonderland was sick as ****. Loved It.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Are you really high or just trippin' on some Alice?

And if you are REALLY high, then did you see Alice high?

If you saw Alice while REALLY high, then go make a youtube reaction video, QUICK.

And SleepK and I are tearin' **** up in the graveyard shift of the GAMME thread lol.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Does Hazy have dem Photoshop skillz?

Otherwise I'd totally do it. Just hook me up with some pictures of the above mentioned.
-DD
oh shiiii-
i forgot i reinstalled my OS
and so i don't currently have cs3 on it :(
i'll find it later, someone hook nick up with pictures of kevin, mow, and any other mod who actually spoke out against domestic violence.

i mean big brother.

i mean ilovemlgitismyfavoriteorganizationiwillspendallmypaychecksthere

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Forgot to say that I'm not having my smashfest next week. Parents said no. :(

We could have a smashfest at TBG though if people are free. They're open from late Friday to 3am or Saturday to noon time Sunday. Thoughts/who wants to go?

It'd be $5 to get in and we'd obviously need to bring setups.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Forgot to say that I'm not having my smashfest next week. Parents said no. :(

We could have a smashfest at TBG though if people are free. They're open from late Friday to 3am or Saturday to noon time Sunday. Thoughts/who wants to go?

It'd be $5 to get in and we'd obviously need to bring setups.
Posted for next page.

Top Bottom