• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
rofl
BANS TO BE HANDED AT MODERATOR'S DISCRETION ABOUT OPINIONS

if they really can't provide any legitimate reason for two instant bans, i'mma try to get banned also.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The robbery should have taken 10 minutes. 4 hours later, the bank was like a circus sideshow. 8 hours later, it was the hottest thing on live T.V. 12 hours later, it was all history. And it's all true.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
SleepyK- At first I was sad you didn't want me recorded also. Then I saw the second half of the "I enjoy watching you play." After that, I understood why you wouldn't want me to get recorded. <3

SleepyK- You should get recorded more because I like watching your Falco play. :)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
basically you have to use a sum of the charts, tournament results, and top/intelligent player opinions.

btw nice new contradiction remember when you made fun of someone for saying that tier lists that weren't based on matchup charts only
I used to say that as well. You can't rely on one set thing but at the same time you can't use a combo of the three because its contradicting yourself almost.

Yes, I did say that. IMO, I think its the closest thing to accurate using match up charts and who wins the most match ups...not who has the bigger number % of advantage for all characters. Like, Fox has the most advantages so hes best. Falco has the second most. Marth has third and Sheik has fourth. etc. I say this because in tournament play when players are in match they think "Do I win this match up?" "What can I do here?" "Should I switch my character?" Its all about match ups. Not computer play, not "perfect play" not "how good is m2k at this match up?"

It's about YOU as a player and YOUR MAIN and what obstacles you have to face to win your matches.

I guess we should all pick the characters we like
This.

SleepyK

aww spawn, you just weren't posting at the time.

SPAWN VIDS NAO ALSO

if i watch your sheik, i can learn how to beat sheik!

SleepyK

I used to say that as well. You can't rely on one set thing but at the same time you can't use a combo of the three because its contradicting yourself almost.
ah, but you can. and people do. and it makes the most sense. how is it contradicting yourself if you're using a sum of good but flawed sources? you end up with a flawed answer but ofc it won't be perfect.

Yes, I did say that. IMO, I think its the closest thing to accurate using match up charts and who wins the most match ups...not who has the bigger number % of advantage for all characters. Like, Fox has the most advantages so hes best. Falco has the second most. Marth has third and Sheik has fourth. etc. I say this because in tournament play when players are in match they think "Do I win this match up?" "What can I do here?" "Should I switch my character?" Its all about match ups. Not computer play, not "perfect play" not "how good is m2k at this match up?"
what is this brawl mentality

It's about YOU as a player and YOUR MAIN and what obstacles you have to face to win your matches
what is this contradiction

SleepyK

oh, i thought it was a separate statement since it was a new paragraph and you overemphasized YOUR MAIN. it's still kind of a contradiction as 1 character focus > your multiple character focus point.

did you watch the video

do you get why tier lists exist

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
don't forget mlg owns these boards. they watch your every step. HOLY **** BIG BROTHER IS ALIVE AND WELL.

in other news thinking of changing my doule major from pre-law/film and doing pre-law/chemestry so that i can go into patent law, a field of law you have to have a science degree for so like ****ing no one is in it. and then i'd just get paid big bucks to explain to other lawyers what the patent is intended to do, no matter how obvious it is, because i would have a science degree and they wouldn't. thoughts?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sometimes I forget we do have really good moderators. Thank GOD for melee vets being moderators. This community would probably be horrible without them.

Also, on second thought, I'm not going to put up videos because then SleepyK will **** me silly and figure out all my gimmicky tricks LOL.

SleepyK

since he moved my perfectly fine video thread to atl south spam instead of giving out infractions

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Marth is very, very far from bad. It's just that nobody is good with him except M2K.

SleepyK

ct has some of the truest smashers on swf.

swift, trade, hazy, holla, i salute.

Top Bottom