• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Niko45

Smash Master
There's a pretty big gap between Marth and Sheik once you look at the entire cast imo. Marth is clearly better vs fox and ICs, probably better vs Falco and Puff. After that, I can't really find many matchups that Marth is better at than Sheik including vs Marth and vs Sheik.

Marth is still viable, tho I'd argue less equipped than Sheik overall against high and top tiers, but Marth's real flaws come out in lower tier matchups, imo, where Sheik can beat Links, Pikachus, & DKs mindlessly but those characters can actually beat a Marth if he doesn't pay attention and know what he's doing. That says a lot to me about the difference in character ability.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I need to post this before I forget. Why do people care about MLG picking up Brawl? How does this affect ANY of us at all? It doesn't? Doesn't anyone see that they would never pick up Melee again? It's kind of a no brainer. I really see no point in arguing in that thread. Who cares?

Marth's real flaws come out in lower tier matchups, imo, where Sheik can beat Links, Pikachus, & DKs mindlessly but those characters can actually beat a Marth if he doesn't pay attention and know what he's doing.
I know I sound like a Brawl *** but "Learn the match up!" lol

DK has no shield and gets ***** by u throw, shield pressure, and simple edge guards.

Pikachu has no priority over Marth in the air as long as you space and u throw to whatever ***** him pretty bad.

Yeah, Sheik ***** em harder though.

If you guys did not see it last night, go see Alice In Wonderland. Its sick.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I have zero desire to see Alice. It just seems so... expected.
eta: Burton is probably the most inconsistent director working. It's amazing how he can make films that touch my soul as well as make my soul want to vomit.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
eta: Burton is probably the most inconsistent director working. It's amazing how he can make films that touch my soul as well as make my soul want to vomit.
I know what you mean.
I was like, "Wow this looks cool" *Alice rides in holding a sword* "Er, wait, what the ****?"
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well regardless of its fidelty to Carrol's works (I heard it's not even remotely faithful), it just seems like a parody of itself. Like a really expensive SNL skit about what a Burton Alice in Wonderland would look like.
But whatever, I haven't seen it.

otg

Smash Master
My entire point was that you don't really have to learn those matchups with sheik...she just demolishes them.
Niko's got this one right. While Sheik just needs dthrow to beat everyone below mid tier, Marth has to actually continuing spacing and making reads and what not. It's not like low/mid tiers have even/close to even matchups, but if Marth is unprepared he will have problems.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Which films touched your soul and which made you want to vomit (I can already guess, but I'd like to know anyway)

ps I won't be seeing it either

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I just got 34k in 1 life on RUA... I'm improving
Which films touched your soul and which made you want to vomit (I can already guess, but I'd like to know anyway)

ps I won't be seeing it either
touch:
Beetle Juice
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Big Fish

highly entertaining/really like:
Sweeney Todd
Pee Wee's Big Adventure

okay/meh:
Mars Attacks!
Sleepy Hollow
Batman 1/2

vomit:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Planet of the Apes
Corpse Bride

not in any order, just listed randomly within their own tiers.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
ROFL I barely remember Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (I was like 17 when I saw it). I will never see his rendition of Planet of the Apes and Sleepy Hollow was one of the goofiest movies I've ever seen (in a good way). I don't plan on seeing it, but Corpse Bride was really that bad?

and omg thanks for reminding me I need to see Ed Wood asap

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Niko's got this one right. While Sheik just needs dthrow to beat everyone below mid tier, Marth has to actually continuing spacing and making reads and what not. It's not like low/mid tiers have even/close to even matchups, but if Marth is unprepared he will have problems.
lol, or you could be Reno and lose to Pikachu with Sheik, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sheik just has safe and fast moves and the best or maybe second best projectile in the game, along with reliable kill potential out of throws. I've come to think that she's definitely better vs. Falco at the top level, and I think on paper she should be better vs. Puff, though that one is tough to read after HBox ruined Amsah... She's just a very very good character and watching Europeans play her has made me realize just how bad we in the states are with Sheik.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Needles best or 2nd best projectile? Um. Hm. Erm. Uh. Huh.

Niko, you can't just say "M2K aside." while doing that. Might as well say "Amsah aside" while you're at it.
Easily. The only projectile that comes close is Falco's lasers, and people have found ways to limit the abusiveness of Lasers moreso than Needles. Lasers still stomp on everyone at the lower levels of play, but in top level play, Lasers are dealt with more easily than Needles.

But then again, I don't know what "Um. Hm. Erm. Uh. Huh." meant exactly...

Niko45

Smash Master
Sure, put Amsah aside too. The point still stands. I just said put M2K aside bc he's prolly the best Marth AND sheik in the US.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And if anyone has room anywhere for Anime Boston, I'll be happy to pay for some moochspace.
I can already feel the anguish as my wallet becomes similar to its barren-status of post-CTCon.

>_> Cog?
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I loved Mars Attacks!

In the same way that I loved Sleepy Hollow. So utterly campy.

Then again, I love deliberately campy movies. In fact, "Versus" is on my Netflix cue and I intend on watching "Snakes on a Plane" tonight.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I loved Mars Attacks!

In the same way that I loved Sleepy Hollow. So utterly campy.

Then again, I love deliberately campy movies. In fact, "Versus" is on my Netflix cue and I intend on watching "Snakes on a Plane" tonight.
OMG Snakes on a Plane is SO underrated. I felt like that movie hit all the right points that a movie should touch upon, without getting too deep. Except you can totally make up metaphors and get real deep anyways.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Seeing it in theaters the night it came out is one of my fondest theater-going memories.

Niiggas were throwing plastic snakes at the screen whenever someone was killed and hissing all loud and ****. I was in tears.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I would really like to see Burton do a movie like Big Fish again.

My main turnoff to Alice is that I'm Johnny Depp'd out. I could really go a good three years without seeing him in a movie.

is anyone else's UserCP royally ****ed right now? Mine's showing "new" posts in threads where the last post was like, February 23rd...
Yeah, mine is doing that too.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I would really like to see Burton do a movie like Big Fish again.

My main turnoff to Alice is that I'm Johnny Depp'd out. I could really go a good three years without seeing him in a movie.

Yeah, mine is doing that too.
I agree with all three things Jam has just said.

As my friend Joe put it, "All of Tim Burton's movies are cast with his wife and the guy he wishes was his wife." Too much Depp, too much gimmickry.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
is anyone else's UserCP royally ****ed right now? Mine's showing "new" posts in threads where the last post was like, February 23rd...
I'm having the same problem. Just use the "View all subscriptions" page for now until it gets fixed...hopefully soon <_<

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hey Nick, do you know of any programs that I can pirate purchase to develop a GBA-style RPG? It would be styled like a Fire Emblem game.

Also, random question of the day: How many people were surprised when they found out that none of the members of Tony! Toni! Tone! are actually named Tony (or any variation thereof)?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
if i come across some dollars it shall be your birthday present

Top Bottom