• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
falcon IS such BS a character though
I think if you put the time and effort into him hes a great character.

I feel almost as if match up ratios mean nearly nothing to him because if you tech chase well determines if you "win" the match up anyway.

It's not like he has auto combos on anyone exactly. You just need to read your opponents.

Even on Marth, Sheik, and Jigs you can still mess up the auto knee from d throw if you don't read the DI. If you make a move with Falcon you pretty much commit to it hardcore. It's not like Marth where you're like "well, i missed the u tilt from my u throw...at least I can go jump and try this fair." If you can read your opponent hes close to god tier though. Knee kills extremely early and if it hits off stage you pretty much die. I look at SS's reactions from the grab and its ********. If SS grabs you, you die. Hes soooo good at reacting from grab. Hax is just extremely amazing at baiting you to tech to a certain place and then goes "lol, you died." Dark rain is IMO the smartest Falcon player and has the most all around game and Scar is really just combo crazy. If you're in the air or you just got d thrown....you're getting hit...no matter what.

SS-grab game
Hax-tech chases
Dark Rain-all around
Scar-Combos.

IMO

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
he isn't, because it's hard for him to get the hit in since his aerials can get beaten out easily.

this argument is basically "if played perfectly" so it's not a legitimate argument for character playability.

you said it yourself. if played perfectly... bowser!?!?!??!??

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Oh yeah, the superhero story. I still have the notes to that lying around somewhere.
Get on that!

I'm going all Falcon at my tournament per Hazy's command

Unless I play Marc then I'm using ICs
ROFL Falcon would be such a great character if it weren't for Sheik (and Jiggs!).

falcon IS such a BAD *** character though
Yup

SS-grab game
Hax-tech chases
Dark Rain-all around
Scar-Combos.

IMO
I think it would be more accurate to say SS's strength comes from his movement as opposed to his grab game. The way he moves differs so greatly from the other Falcons that he GETS the grabs others can't.

Falcon is a good character. Not great, not mediocre, just good. He is held back by matchups so overwhelmingly against him that he can never become top 5 in the game.

I'd like to see the people who complain about him use him against a high level spacie then come back and tell me how easy it is ;)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
he isn't, because it's hard for him to get the hit in since his aerials can get beaten out easily.

this argument is basically "if played perfectly" so it's not a legitimate argument for character playability.

his bair, knee, dair in certain cases .......i agree. that nair tho........that **** is impenetrable.

SleepyK

you can utilt him out of it, beat it out from above...
not to mention you can CC the first hit and do whatever you want

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Falcon is neither good nor bad... he's just... Falcon.

Man I love making ambiguous posts.

otg

Smash Master
Everyone starting at Marth and below sucks (right Mogwai?), and things drop DRASTICALLY starting at Falcon, he's garbage.

/troll

Honestly tho P.o.F., I know you probably don't hear this enough but you're ********.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
priority gets credit for so many other things... the main reason Falcon's nair gets wrecked by other aerials is that it's slow as balls (frame 7, compared to like spacey bair/nairs which are frame 4 moves). If he spaces well, Falcon can keep people off of himself with nair, but once another high/top tier gets in on him, they just rip him up with much much quicker moves.

Falcon's fine, he's pretty comparable to Marth and Peach in the current metagame IMO. Punishes as well or better than top tiers, but has very very serious limitations in the neutral position that prevent him from being top tier.

And yea, otg's right, starting at Marth, all the characters in this game are bad. If it ain't Fox, Falco, Sheik or Puff, it's done.

And yea, Swift likes to exaggerate about Falcon to get closer to Vanz, it's kinda cute.

OPEN YOUR EYES!
YOUR EYES ARE OPEN!

*****ing RUA is too good*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have the 2009 remix of it if anyone wants it! D:

I listened to it for 5 hours straight yesterday.

And whoever said the speed of the move doesn't matter does not understand fighting game theory.

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

Yeah, true. Good point.

I'd like to see the people who complain about him use him against a high level spacie then come back and tell me how easy it is ;)
This. It's so hard to fight spacies as Falcon its not even funny.

you can utilt him out of it, beat it out from above...
not to mention you can CC the first hit and do whatever you want
Marth can u tilt Falcon out of all his aerials. :)

Honestly tho P.o.F., I know you probably don't hear this enough but you're ********.
K (Doesn't care what you think)

priority gets credit for so many other things... the main reason Falcon's nair gets wrecked by other aerials is that it's slow as balls (frame 7, compared to like spacey bair/nairs which are frame 4 moves). If he spaces well, Falcon can keep people off of himself with nair, but once another high/top tier gets in on him, they just rip him up with much much quicker moves.

And yea, otg's right, starting at Marth, all the characters in this game are bad. If it ain't Fox, Falco, Sheik or Puff, it's done.

And yea, Swift likes to exaggerate about Falcon to get closer to Vanz, it's kinda cute.
Actually, I was talking to Vintage the other night about tier lists and I basically have arrived at the following:

You can't use tournaments because:
Not everyone is on the same level in tournaments to justify quality of match ups and arrive at a good tier list that way. Sagat isn't top tier in Sf IV then and Fox is 4th or 5th by that path.

You can't use match up chart numbers because:
Falco beats Fox harder than Marth beats Fox but Marth beats Iceys and Peach better than Falco does. Because Falco beats Fox harder and still beats Peach and Iceys in a 60-40 ratio Falco is a better character than Marth. But since Sheik destroys rest of the cast harder than Falco does (including Marth) then by that it means that Sheik is the better character because her overall count is high. Sheik only has one bad match up too. (Fox...MAYBE Falco)

Sheik is not second best. Faulty argument.

Computer controlled:

Highest level of play is the funniest argument ever. "If a computer controlled the character...blah blah blah" yeah, because computers go to tournaments and compete. Good argument?

No Mistakes As Human:

LOL, what? Pretty sure good Falcos, Falcons, Sheiks, and whatever go off stage in a tournament match and off stage game matters. Doesn't matter the level, you go off stage in smash.

I personally think Falco, Fox, and Falcon have the best on stage games but they go off stage too. Jigs, Sheik, and Marth have the best off stage games but they suffer on stage.

You like who you like and you think what you like and as long as you have good evidence to back it up, yay.

I've arrived at the conclusion that tier lists are dumb.

Thank you Vintage for pointing this out to me.

Hey,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHae3QNvCc 0:27

Also, this was not aimed at you Mogwai. Not trying to single you out.

SleepyK

pof, urrong.

i also encountered a troll on youtube who would have probably argued the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n37pEB8BJhM

but please listen to the most logical and intelligent poster on gamefaqs.

you can skip the item part unless you enjoy listening to gorgeous logic

basically you have to use a sum of the charts, tournament results, and top/intelligent player opinions.

btw nice new contradiction remember when you made fun of someone for saying that tier lists that weren't based on matchup charts only

yeah i do

also i think sheik and marth and peach have better on stage control than falcon really.
if you make a mistake vs falcon it's because you made a mistake

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I just noticed Red Steel 2 will be released later this month.

Yay!
-DD

SleepyK

because it always feels good to bring justice where it is absent

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo thumbs can u link shell shocked thread for this weekend?

lol objection it twas

as usual, I see POF's thoughts corroding in front of me. garret you said some decent stuff until u got to tier list and how they are dumb. I guess we should all pick the characters we like and all have the same expectations when it comes to placings/performance.......I should main pikachu and be upset as the falco main(who placed the same as me) if I dun get first place at a local. Me making bracket and 0-2'ing with pichu at pound is not as good as a falco at pound who made it to bracket and won 1 match.

SleepyK

i seem to make all of my cool posts in the social regional boards nowadays.

swift and thumbs, you should try to get recorded more. i really enjoy watching you two play.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
HOLY **** that song is awesome! And I can't stop playing the game either haha
I can't be happy without playing that game or listening to the song at least once per day now. I don't want to know what withdrawal would feel like.
-DD

SleepyK

lol clap really doesn't get it.
i don't see how he ignores that melee has only grown in the past few years, barring brawl year

also swift is that an eva account
thanatos as in songz
instrumentality as in hip

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
i seem to make all of my cool posts in the social regional boards nowadays.

swift and thumbs, you should try to get recorded more. i really enjoy watching you two play.
thx =)

perhaps this weekend i'll try

and yes sleepyk about my account haha. Im looking a rei avatar but im putting a legal copy of windows on mah computer and backing up everything so like Muhammad Ali shall stay for a bit.

Top Bottom