• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
no, I really don't. I think it's literally my least favorite ending of all time. If I've ever liked an ending less, I don't remember it, which I think is indicative of the fact that I've never liked an ending less unless it was so traumatic that my brain blocked it out.

S l o X

Smash Champion
after listening to how i got over 100000+ times, i cba to listen to game theory and company (although i have listened to tipping point a bit too)

Aesir

Smash Master
um, because it does absolutely nothing? we know they're heroes, we just saw it. we saw them rejoice after succeeding. Instead of ending on a high note that feels like real exuberance, we're instead forced to sit through an awkward medal ceremony where literally nothing happens. We see the characters we've grown to know and love over the past 2 hours stand around stiffly and do nothing... it's actually the exact opposite of an epic ending if you ask me. It's a really really dumb and pointless scene imoimoimo.
My counter to this.

lol1970swutdouexpect?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Everytime I watch Better Off Ted or Arrested Development, I cannot help but think to myself...

Man, Ellen Degeneres gets to go home every night and hit THAT?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
There is no good reason for Ellen to get a woman who looks half as good as Portia de Rossi, unless than woman is a gold digger.

Still, power to her. I'm envious of a lesbian with a talkshow.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
HEY GUYS

PRETTY IMPORTANT

To all my CCSU heads, if any of you are coming on Friday, I'm letting you know ahead of time. If you have any foils from Zendikar block (Zendikar, Worldwake, Rise of the Eldrazi) that you do not care about, PLEASE donate them to me, as I use them to make foil proxies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
all mine are in oklahoma, hab :(
but i stopped playing a long time ago anyway. maybe i'll snag them when i'm home and come give my decent cards to some lucky peeps next semester, if i can even find them in mah closet.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Ryan, I agree that Avatar probably gets a lot more scrutiny than it otherwise would because it was such a blockbuster, but there are still a lot of, in my opinion, completely valid criticisms to be made of it. I agree with most of what Wes said, tbh.

Seb, I agree that not every film is going to change lives, but does that mean we should give mediocre ones a pass just because that's the way it has to be? Sorry man, but I can't really get behind that line of thinking.

Also, I watched the first two episodes of The Walking Dead last night. Thought they were pretty fantastic. Definitely will be tuning in on Sunday.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I thought it leaned really heavily on archetypes and cliches... but none of the dialogue stuck out as bad to me, and I thought the action, design, and effects were strong enough to make up for the unoriginal story. It's certainly not a modern classic by any definition, but people treat it like it was the worst piece of **** they've ever been forced to sit through, and I think a lot of that has to do with it's #1 place in all time BO.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
this is the special edition version. die a horrible death.

btw that scene is goofy and dumb (but harmless)

lol truth
W-WHATATAT how can you tell it's from the special edition? I rewatched the trilogy with a friend on dvd several months back after not seeing it in like a decade and it was the special edition, which ruined everything. ****ing random added cgi everywhere and the stupid singing alien in ROTJ and Hayden Christiansan's image at the very end aoshdauoshdughugf What did they add to this scene that wasn't there before? I can't see it

Ryan, I agree that Avatar probably gets a lot more scrutiny than it otherwise would because it was such a blockbuster, but there are still a lot of, in my opinion, completely valid criticisms to be made of it. I agree with most of what Wes said, tbh.

Seb, I agree that not every film is going to change lives, but does that mean we should give mediocre ones a pass just because that's the way it has to be? Sorry man, but I can't really get behind that line of thinking.

Also, I watched the first two episodes of The Walking Dead last night. Thought they were pretty fantastic. Definitely will be tuning in on Sunday.
In all honesty, no, we should not give the mediocre ones a pass. But on the other hand we shouldn't be so harsh on them as if they are as awful as the REALLY big pieces of **** out there. There should be a middle ground I think, where we can just enjoy movies like this and not worry about flaws that don't ruin the picture.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What are good online poker sites?
My roommate wants to start playing and I need something hilarious to watch.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
W-WHATATAT how can you tell it's from the special edition? I rewatched the trilogy with a friend on dvd several months back after not seeing it in like a decade and it was the special edition, which ruined everything. ****ing random added cgi everywhere and the stupid singing alien in ROTJ and Hayden Christiansan's image at the very end aoshdauoshdughugf What did they add to this scene that wasn't there before? I can't see it
Did you see them when they were released in theaters? I was in high school and so ****ing excited to finally see them on the big screen. And then Lucas diarrhea'd all over my eyes. Can't wait for the Special Editions to be re-released in theaters in 3D >_> ugh

Anyway I think it's the SE because in the original if you look close you can see cardboard cutouts of people in the crowd, and in this one they are all "human" (cgi doubles) and even sway back and forth to prove they are human even if they way in the background.

I lol'd. God help me, I lol'd.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
The rage is similar to what I experience when watching Anchorman on DVD.

Or the Director's Cut version of Tropic Thunder. [which is typically the only version available for rent, making me look like a complete tool when I say it's one of my all-time favorite movies because people who didn't see it in theaters don't know better...actually yeah, same for Anchorman]

@Mogwai:
Ummm...the frame of the snowspeeder's cockpit was no longer slightly transparent when viewing from the cockpit?

...that's all I got >_>

Top Bottom