• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
PS3 is gonna have SH5, RE5, FF13 and a remake of FF7. Other than that it sucks.

Does anybody wanna do some wifi'n?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The remake of FF7 never was announced, it's only rumored. Of course, they'd be stupid not to make it as it would end up being the highest selling game of all time. All their time and money should be put towards it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The remake of FF7 never was announced, it's only rumored. Of course, they'd be stupid not to make it as it would end up being the highest selling game of all time. All their time and money should be put towards it.
Making smart decision for money?!
No way! Especially not if it produced a quality game!

Also, 7 is better than 6.
IT HAS MATERIA!
OMG CHOCOLATE MATERIA!
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Making smart decision for money?!
No way! Especially not if it produced a quality game!

Also, 7 is better than 6.
IT HAS MATERIA!
OMG CHOCOLATE MATERIA!
-DD
LOL know what's really sad? I haven't played either...ever. I borrowed my friend's PS1 and his copy and can play 7 at any time, but I haven't lol. Who to believe, half of you say 7 is better and the other half says it's 6.

Aesir

Smash Master
ff7: Character development was poor most characters felt shallow and you really couldn't become attached to them. As I played the game I really didn't care much about these guys except for a few but other then that they weren't very real to me, just kinda there to push the story along with various plot devices and character movement.

The main qualm with ff7 is the main villain just seems like a rebel without a cause, also theres nothing really sinister about Sephiroths personality. Theres to many pretty dark villains to take him as nothing more then just a pretty boy who's pissed off.

ff6: The Characters you can feel attached to them all almost, even the littlest thing gives you an insight to them. They're all very well in depth characters some are tragic others aren't it's a nice blend of personalities coming together for a common cause.

FF6's main Villain might have been my favorite he was sinister, sorta reminded me of the original joker. He killed you and laughed about it, he didn't kill you in a funny way he killed you and thought it was fun. Doma he poisoned their water supply, and thought it was funny. The entire kingdom was whipped out, he didn't feel remorse instead he felt joy.

He also succeeded and screwing over everyone.

Plus the theme of 6 is probably one of the best things I've experienced in a FF game to date. The new Ff games are just like, lets take a modern setting and throw in magic and summons and sinister organizations and ****! and while thats cool, the new FF's never seem to grasp attention. I will admit 7 was the only one to grab my attention to beat it, 9 and 10 as well.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I cannot believe this discussion occurred while I was away. Do not force me to write an essay detailing all the reasons that 6 is better than 7. I swear to God I'll do it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'd certainly like to see it. I've played neither, but the general consensus seems to be that FF7 is one of the greatest games ever made. Before coming into this thread, I heard no such praise for 6.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I completely disagree with what you said about 7. The character development was great. There's a section of the game where it just develops your understanding of Cloud and Tifa's relatioonship with him so how could you say that? The development of Cloud and Sephiroth and how they link together is pretty flawless and so is Aeris' Sephiroth is probably one of the greatest villains of any FF game simply because he's evil. There's way more but I don't feel like explaining the whole game. The only one that may be better is Weigraf but it's really close. I just love the story line and the idea of FF7.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
FFX-2 was the best EVAR get @ me.

the opening made it so.

I think its silly to argue whether or not characters were developed well/badly. How does one measure the quality of character development. I'd only feel like something could be accurate like that if it were comparing two extremes(Evangelion vs Shin Chan character development or something stupid like that)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Haha FFX-2 sucked. No popularity doesn't dictate which is better but 7 is an almost perfect game I feel more attached to the characters when I play 7 than in any other game. I like tactics better though, it's too good. FF Tactics may be the best game of all time.

rofl @ extreme beach volleyball

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Ok guys

*gets added to silas's list*

Who wants to say f**k smash and start a copmetitive WoW arena team for MLG with me?

DAYUM: i thought i was gonna double post but everyone in their moether wanted to post

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Don't start that **** again lol. I'm just going by what I hear, until I finally sit down and play 7. I'll probably never get to play 6 though.
You're doing yourself a favor by playing 7 BUT it's a better idea to just play tactics. It's tooo good.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
*tries again to get added to silas's list

edit: god****it....when i wanna double post I can't

actually taki I really loved that song. Koda Kumi is amazing (sometimes)

Aesir

Smash Master
I completely disagree with what you said about 7. The character development was great. There's a section of the game where it just develops your understanding of Cloud and Tifa's relatioonship with him so how could you say that? The development of Cloud and Sephiroth and how they link together is pretty flawless and so is Aeris' Sephiroth is probably one of the greatest villains of any FF game simply because he's evil. There's way more but I don't feel like explaining the whole game. The only one that may be better is Weigraf but it's really close. I just love the story line and the idea of FF7.
I've played the game, he's not very interesting he has mommy issues.

Tifa and Cloud apparently are the only character? news to me.

Just because theres 1 part of the game that develops them well doesn't take away from the fact that they had so much potential for the others but left them virtually untouched, after their point in the game.

after you learn about red's father how much do we learn about him afterwards? Nothing it's like he's an empty shell from then on out.

Top Bottom