• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Swift does actually have a valid point. The teams in the west are DEFINITELY better so the Lakers gaining the home court advantage was definitely a harder task while Allen, Pierce, and KG just had to basically beat Cleveland and Detriot all the time and they would get the best record in the NBA. Teams like the Raptors, Knicks, Heat, (haha) Bulls, Orlando, etc were not a big deal at all.

Thing is though Swift, both teams were FULLY capable of winning on the road....Phil Jackson is arguably one of the greatest coaches of all time and Kobe is arguably one of the best players all time with two other players that can be labeled together as the "big three".....Odom and Gasol. As corny and as "cinderella story" as it was.....the lakers got owned in game 6. Kobes shot was offfffff...you simply cannot argue that they deserved to win that game. If it was MAYBE off by 10 points or something you can argue it...but ummmm 39? Ok, i'll give you 30 points...and theyd still lose.

Poffy is anyone going over your house?
I'll give you a call when I get into the constitution state

Nana told me hes probably stopping by, I think Noodles is....and I'm going to give BEAST and Cat Fight a call...they are usually down to come over and such.

Everyone else is pretty gay because of how far away they live :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Uhhh pretty sure I heard the commentators say that the head ref was a veteran of 25 years. They have no problem calling fouls against home teams.
yo theres no way you can prove that. I remember(game 2 i think) when celtics went to the line 35 times and the lakers went only 10.......thats unrealistic.......VERY unrealistic for a team like the lakers who relies a decent amount on odom and gasoul interior game. I find the fact that LA went to the line 10 times in that game horrendous.

Thats why i dont like basketball. The fundamentals of today's style of play revolve too much around refs.

Cog show me a stat that suggests otherwise. It is unimaginable that a team that has a player like Kobe only goes to the line 10 times in a game. Players of Kobe's caliber goto the line 10 times themselves.

Im not saying that the West was better or that celtics had it easier becuase they faced detroit and cleveland. I dun care about that. I care only about how officiating is lopsided at the most punctual moments. I am not just looking @ that blowout last night, but everything that led up to it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
lol @ spotting you 30 points and we'd still win.

what does the binary tag mean?

edit: honestly swift if you want to find the statistics and stuff go for it...I'm lazy and don't care all that much. I'm sure SOME calls are BS and SOME calls never get made. But to suggest it's a deal breaking thing and it's IMPOSSIBLE that the Celts could go to the line 35 times and the Lakers only 10 is silly. You realize "the best player in the world" Kobe had like a <30% FG stat? (or something). Celtics have undoubtedly the best D in the game as evidenced by the approx. 9 million steals they got in game 6.

Again, it's not unimaginable that that happened, because the Lakers WERE PLAYING LIKE ****

Chum

Smash Apprentice
It depends if you are doing decimal form (converting to numbers) or to asc2 (enlish) form. In ac2 form it would be "&l" which makes no sence. The number makes sence though.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
So, where are the Khaly x Nus nudes?

double post for considerable justice

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Happy birthday Modest!

Also.
I just finished watching Haruhi.
>_> AFTER Realizing all the episodes are out of order on purpose, I just watched it without stressing out.
IT IS AWESOME! WHEN IS SEASON 2?!

Also, I've watched all the released episodes of Vampire Knight, which is also turning out brilliant, and I watched some 30 episodes of D.Gray-Man...and might watch Fruits Basket soon...no Idea why.

<_< Also, my brother's friend was being ******** with the screenshots, and found out where Gannondorf's sword is hidden.

._. Evidently he shrinks it down to the size of a pez dispenser and puts it in his pocket...or hit butt.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
HELL YEAH DD, I ****ing told you that show is amazing. Uh, season 2? That's gonna be a while lol. Join the club and wait another year or two lol.
._. I hate you!
You better watch Code Geass Season 1 RIGHT NOW, so YOU can hang on suspense and feel the pain!
._. Or watch School Days already!

Or finish Episode 5 >_>.
-DD

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Thanks for the Bday love, everyone.

Happy Birthday! Was your name Louis? I forget. XD
Yeah, that's my name.

HELL YEAH DD, I ****ing told you that show is amazing. Uh, season 2? That's gonna be a while lol. Join the club and wait another year or two lol.
Season 2 is supposed to be based on Volume 4 of the novels "The Dissapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi". I read it, and it was great.

Top Bottom