• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
This esticle should be a brawl/brawl just so we can see how well it works even though I guess we'd find out at Jam's the previous day if it is the day after. But I hope there is some teams melee in the future esticles so Steve and I can win, or should we just win the brawl one? I don't even know how to play brawl. -.-

I don't think I can make it either way so that's probably why, I just want to see what brawl tournament results will be. ^^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
norfair is a pretty good ganon stage, he can ganoncide into rising lava without dying (but your opponent still does)

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone gotten error code 86420 when trying to connect to another player (friend or not)? I can't seem to connect to anyone at all. I know it has something to do with my IP settings on the wireless connection, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Aesir

Smash Master
I actually really want to play brawl right now, so if anyone wants to like come pick me up I can pay for gas and we can play..>_>

I know this is a futile attempt cause no one in ct has a car. =[

SEXY

Smash Cadet
i just made a new discovery, Light Yagami is GAY

striking evidence besides the obvious him:

Yagami backwards is Imagay

Im agay

Im a gay!!!!

tell all ur friends O_O SEXY made a discovery of a life time :D

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Correcto noodles, I wasn't sure how you survived that lava wave outside of the containment chamber. I guess its possible to avoid it with perfect timing? Shortly after I got catapulted into the lava died lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Lucario can triple jump over the lava wave.
I laugh every time I do it, because its just so funny.

You know what really grinds my gears? Final Destination.
It sucks now. You can't fricken recover if you don't have wings or a jetpack or a tether, because that stupid nook catches you!
Also, the stage is not round, purple, and epic enough.
It just looks like a sacrificial table. No fun.

Also- POF! I've been on all night. I did not see you on Wifi.
Try to show up for your whooping next time.
Love,
-DD

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Dark Dragoon:
Totally agreed, that nook kills my recovery all the freakin time. Its cruel. Also, what did they do to pokemon stadium?! The windmill gets in your way now? Annoying as hell.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
why do we have to put melee behind us? Not everyone likes to play dumbed down and shallow games....>_>

I know you're probably trying to be funny, but it kind of failed and was kind of annoying.
Ya I was joking, but its kinda the truth. Its the problem with videogames. When the sequel comes out, the last one tends to become obsolete. Its not like anybody still plays Call of Duty 3 online or there are lots of serious Halo 1 tournaments out there (compared to Halo 3). I mean I havent played Halo 2 once since Halo 3 came out, same with Halo 1. I was nasty with the pistol sniping in Halo 1 so I was pissed when they took it out, but I moved on - it was a new game to be mastered with different physics, but didn't require any less skill.

Im just saying - as time passes, there will most likely be very very few melee tournaments and the entire melee competetive scene will pretty much dissipate. Eventually there will be as few as there are SSB64 and Halo 1/2 tournaments now, especially MLG ones. The sooner we all move on to brawl, the sooner we can develop a serious competetive community around it, rather than dwell on what they took out and complain about why its worse than melee. Its just different. Plain and simple. Just think of it as a fresh start. Its easy for me to say because I wasn't really the best at melee, but this is what Sakurai wants.

Believe me, though, I wouldn't mind if there is some sort of epiphany and every tournament director from now on decides to shun brawl and only play melee. I just don't see it happening. Thats life.

Cort

Apple Head
Ugh the windmill sucks **** in Stadium

anyway, on to real discussion
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
:colorful:EVERYONE READ THIS OR I WILL MURDER YOU:colorful:
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
The first ever Brawl doubles/Brawl singles ESTICLE will be on April 19th, the day after Jam's event. So I guess people out of state should stay for a nice 2 day brawlfest =D

I just need to figure out a rule set we can all agree on.

4 stock? 3 stock?

Stages: (discuss which you think should be moved where/any that should be changed from singles/doubles)

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Banned Stages:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue

THIS IS JUST A ROUGH DRAFT I CAME UP WITH

It is very subject to change via competent discussion. I banned the stages with ******** insane hazards that are just downright stupid, but some of them are a little iffy.

So, discuss away. And make sure you atleast explain why you feel certain things should change.

Cort

Apple Head
Say why.

What's wrong with elektroplankton? I personally like the stage a lot, and I don't see anything potentially wrong with it.

Cort

Apple Head
There is no water. The only potentially bad thing about elektroplankton is that it can be camped, but that is yet to be proved. Dazwa just tried with Boxman using Sonic and played a game of hit and run, but Sonic was still able to be caught up to.

The fact that you're bad on the stage is not an argument.

You should rethink why you want stages to be banned.

Also, I'm moving Green Greens from banned to counterpick after some thought.

noodles

Smash Champion
there ISNT water whats the stuff in the bottom of the stage?i might just be confused.also i didnt use that im bad at the stage as an arguement i just threw it out there.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Samikay: ur dum SF2T and 3s look it up lulz

Dude, I don't know anybody thats in to street fighter. And just the fact that I did have to look it up and didn't know what SF2T meant right away kinda proves that nobody really cares anymore. Please, point me in the direction of a street fighter 2 turbo tournament in the area, or let me know where i can find the hundreds of thousands of competitive players, and I swear to god i will attach tasers to my nipples. Also, technically didnt it get released recently on xbla, meaning that in actuality it is the most recent street fighter game to be released? :O

Try again lulz

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I think pictochat should be off just because there's a hazard on the stage at all the times for the most part and the weird design of some hazards promote camping but other than that i think its a good idea to have most stages on for a test drive :p <3 cort

Aesir

Smash Master
3stock/6 mins?

I think that would an alright stock/time thing.

edit: Samikay just stop it clearly went over your head. those are both games with a strong competitive scene backing them up.

Just because YOU don't know anyone who plays them doesn't no one plays them.

So please just stop you're arguing something that frankly is way to early to call, to assume melee is dead now would pre-mature. If it turns out I'm right I won't let it go and hold it over your head till the end of time.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
I think Lylat Cruise should be banned because the tipping back and forth makes it hard to spam arrows.

Just look at Jam Stunna's list of neutral/banned stages, I thought it was pretty airtight. Although I agree, Hanenbow doesnt really have any hazards and shouldnt be banned. But i prolly wouldnt wanna play on it anyway.

Top Bottom