• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Wow, there is a tournament in the midwest? So in order to participate in a Street Fighter tournament I have to drive all the way out to Iowa? You're right, there is a huge competitive scene.
It seems like your definition of still having a "big competitive scene" would fit only Marvel and Smash. There are Super Turbo tournaments every week in Tokyo, the closest one for you isn't Iowa, there's Tomb Sweeping Beatdown in New York. And if they decide to hold Evo2k (which, by itself, should have been enough for nipple tasering) in the same locations as last time, there'll be one in Connecticut, too.

But heres another question: what do you think is deeper? Brawl or Street Fighter or even SSB64?
Street Fighter by 100 ****ing miles.

Here's a link to my post by the way: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4130548&postcount=22928

I don't know anything about Falco's laser lock other than how very situational it is, and if you can set it up then I wouldn't care. >__>
My friend who doesn't really play competitively got me in a laser lock once, but that was the first night I even started playing the game, and I was sitting on the ground after being hit, waiting for him to approach so I could get-up-attack, which he normally falls into. Instead, LASER LOCK'd. It was on Yoshi's Island Brawl though, so it ended up lasting all of 10 seconds.

Anyways, the stages I listed for Nuetral should, in my opinion, be on the neutral list if you're going to allow Orpheon. Orpheon's quirky flip and lack of a right ledge on one part of the stage is about evenly matched with Halberd's telegraphed attacks, Luigi's mansion ability to break its own problems, and Castle Siege's temporarily walk-offs (Level 2, by the way, is easy to keep away from Dedede in the time it takes to switch). I'll still be testing them, in fact, I'll have those 3...well, I guess I'll add Orpheon on there for comparison reasons, but I'll have those 4 only on my random select to further test them.

And to anyone who wanted a full version of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPU2ew2u1RE , here you go:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H0X8ZQ52

Aesir

Smash Master
Samikay, You didn't say it, your post implied it.

Choose your words better if you don't want to get misunderstood, but at the moment it appears you failed at defending your opinion so I think we can all logically come to the conclusion you don't know what you're talking about.

The evidence you used was poor, lets use a fps to explain how fighting games work.

You might as well have handed me a guide to build a bridge and asked for mustang.

I think we're done.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
im always posting from my wii.

**** the games been out a week and theres already glitches and gay chain grabs people use i saw some kid doing that infinite king DDD thing.

uh oh only way to settle that is a 1 on 1 in smash

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Okay Daz thanks for the link to your old post. I checked out some of the tournaments listed but most all of them (at least the ones i looked at) were multigame tournaments with a variety of different 2D fighters, including Street Fighter sequels. And there is no doubt that in the future, melee will be just as common as these tournaments. In my original post, i completely neglected/forgot about these types of tournaments. In that sense, melee will most definitely live on, just never at the scale that it once was, and probably not on the MLG circuit.

Ill admit I underestimated the support Street Fighter had, but I just don't think its comparable to what I meant by the tournament scene dying. If melee took the place of street fighter at all those tournaments, I would still consider it culty and sorta privatized. Maybe not dead, but definitely stretched out. Its not really an argument that can be one or lost through debate. Only time will tell.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Brawl should be played with damage ration @ (at least?) 1.5 with (certain) items on high on stages that are FULL of ladders.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Samikay, You didn't say it, your post implied it.

Choose your words better if you don't want to get misunderstood
Why dont you show me where you think I implied you were anti-brawl? And saying you win doesn't mean you win. Getting the last word doesnt mean you win. And I suggest you choose your words better so you don't sound like a pompous *** all the time. Its offputting.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I actually really want to play brawl right now, so if anyone wants to like come pick me up I can pay for gas and we can play..>_>

I know this is a futile attempt cause no one in ct has a car. =[
LIAR

OMG... Do you guys ever not post?
STFU =D

hey guys i won the gamestop round 2. a bunch of rookies tho, i roasted everyone i played.
you didn't contact me >.>

Mike, trade, swift, nice to see you guys. EH crew as well, as always.

i'm going to go on brawl, people should add me.
1117-9980-3349

EDIT: ALso, i can/will house everyone from NJ/maine etc for w/e tournies zzz

Aesir

Smash Master
Why dont you show me where you think I implied you were anti-brawl? And saying you win doesn't mean you win. Getting the last word doesnt mean you win. And I suggest you choose your words better so you don't sound like a pompous *** all the time. Its offputting.
Lol you're really bad at debating..>_> why is the people who like to debate tend to be bad at it?

Your second paragraph I quoted have implied you thought I was anti-brawl or rather wasn't giving it a chance. Various phrases I've seen people throw at me cause they think I'm "Anti-Brawl"

I suggest you just stop because right now it's not even a discussion you're just trying to resort to attacks now.

I kid you not I really do LOL

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Lol resort to attacks? You called me "annoying" in the VERY FIRST POST. Then you said I was "dum" and that I "dont know what im talking about". RESORT?! Attacks are your opening statement: saying your opponent is an idiot does not a great debater make. I just figured I had to speak in your language to get the message across. So I called you a pompous ***.

But I still love you. :D

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree Aesir. You had some good points, Ill admit, and we should just move on and let it die...

...like melee. (lol jk)

Papito

Smash Journeyman
they should have put me in brawl
yo did you guys know that theres a gamers only club in hartford fridays from 9 pm - 2 am sounds crazy right i got a flyer it says they got a live dj.
they got arcade style gaming for prizes, weekly anime feature, computer lab, and card gamers arena.

sounds like it could be different but i wont go if its a sausage fest chicks and booze only way.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yeah, darc has a real fever.

It's funny how this thread has more intelligent discussion over stage discussion than a thread designed for it on the Brawl boards.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Thanks, Silas.

Sucks. I don't want to miss a day of work just in case I need to take some time off for tournaments. Hopefully this will be over by tomorrow >_>

/waits for esticle

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
lol Papito, I was making a joke "gaymers", as in gay-mers. The Blue Oyster cafe was a gay bar in Police Academy 1. I have no idea where the actual gamers club is ^_^

Only a couple people responded to my thoughts using the stage builder to create univeral stages for tournament use. Daz, Cort, Darc, etc. what do you guys think of creating a good FD or other basic stages for tournament.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I think recreating FD is a bad idea and the best way to improve the community would be to simply have players learn the ledges.

I think recreating DL64 would be a bad idea because we already have a stage that looks just like it (Battlefield), recreating another one with obnoxiously far away kill zones is only gonna make Brawl take longer >_>

I think recreating Hyrule Castle 64 would be great and I'd be all for that.

However, as far as custom stages on, they'd all have to be counterpicks. You can go around with an SD card and add the stage to the Wii, but you can't turn individual custom stages on random, only all of them. I don't think a tournament host should ask players supplying set-ups to clear their custom stage list, especially if there are players without an SD card but plenty of created stages. You could just have players quit out if they get a custom stage, but if someone has a large amount of custom stages, that could be a lot of quitting out >_>

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Top Bottom