• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

B

BlackXIII

yo whats up im new here just wanted to say whats up and congrats to papito for ur win yesterday man that ganon guy got his world rocked lol

noodles

Smash Champion
I think recreating FD is a bad idea and the best way to improve the community would be to simply have players learn the ledges.

I think recreating DL64 would be a bad idea because we already have a stage that looks just like it (Battlefield), recreating another one with obnoxiously far away kill zones is only gonna make Brawl take longer >_>

I think recreating Hyrule Castle 64 would be great and I'd be all for that.

However, as far as custom stages on, they'd all have to be counterpicks. You can go around with an SD card and add the stage to the Wii, but you can't turn individual custom stages on random, only all of them. I don't think a tournament host should ask players supplying set-ups to clear their custom stage list, especially if there are players without an SD card but plenty of created stages. You could just have players quit out if they get a custom stage, but if someone has a large amount of custom stages, that could be a lot of quitting out >_>
that kinda what i had in mind but have some sort of requirement.the use of custom stages will show alot of stratagies.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Stage creation intrigues me. Being knowledgeable about golf, I know that the best designers were also some of the best golf players. Bobby Jones was one of the best, among many others. It never held true for starcraft, mainly because the korean pros were too busy playing most of the time to have any interest creating a stage.

I wonder where smash will stand? It would be a lot of fun to develop a stage that becomes a standard in tournament play, but I don't think most competitive players would seriously consider stage construction until after they retire (that's how it worked in golf) but we'll have to wait and see.

I would love to see someone design some great stages myself. Stage creation will be the best bet players have of creating balance and minimizing luck. I have a few ideas, but I wouldn't put them into practice until I get a better idea of how this game will develop. Yes I know, many players don't think it will develop, but only time will tell for sure.

Hope you feel better Darc. Good matches yesterday too. I had way too much fun playing ME again!

noodles

Smash Champion
actualy mushroomy kingdom 1-1 should be banned.i came to this 5 minutes ago.i was playing my brother on it with fox. shined him against the wall until the stage scrolled enough to the side and killed him.and i managed to get out before i died.dedede users could probably do that too therefore it should be banned.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Silas, sorry I had to cut out early, my friends showed up during our one match lol which explains why i stood still for about 10 seconds. Haha loved playing with that quarter second lag though and not realizing i had random character on when i pressed start. And I have no idea why smash balls were on lol, but controlling super dragon with lag is ****ing impossible.

Super, Papito, Ill add you guys later tonight. Daz, I made a hyrule castle replica and it works great EXCEPT for some reason it doesnt allow you to grab onto slanted edges. So the left side of the stage is ungrabbable, meaning I had to add an extra normal block. Teh gayness.

And Erci, lol at your original comment and subsequent explanation.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Dear Alex,

Are you working on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday?
I was thinking of staying over your house on Thursday, since Friday I have no school.
And I'll stay over on Friday, also, so we can be awesome. And I was gonna leave on Saturday so I can go to TBG and go to the all nighter and play Brawl with Spawn, and yeah.

Love,
Stephen

PS. 500th post :D
PPS. That dog is really cute :3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Esticle and Jam's thing are going to be amazing. Should make a thread sometime so it can be shown extremely early... unless there's already one? o.O

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
stephen, not sure yet i'll post shchedule when i get it(tuesday).

turnip, FC? mine is listed
<--- here

khaly, feel better, silly emo boy =X

F

freemix

hey guys, i finally got my ethernet adapter!

who wants to wii-friend me!?

smash number = 1934-0319-9751
wii number = 1686 5782 7230 9051

also, a few quick questions:

ive only done anon battles, and it lags like hell, is friend brawling any better?
and
do the level 9's seem more difficult in the new smash? or is it just because i cant wavedash and stuff?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Noodles did you add me?

Squirtle dance is amazing.

Top Bottom