• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol.
PoF is silly.
=P At least he hasn't been going around saying he owned me when I was playing in a FFA match with him, my bro, and some other dude, where I didn't even use Lucario.
I actually won when I was using Gannondorf, so its suffice to say I wasn't even trying.

Btw, Cort, I hate Hanenbow.
Ban it.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Cort, I did respond to that earlier concerning having Frigate on Neutral but not having Siege, Mansion, or Halberd when their hazards are comparable in their predictability and the lack of difficulty in avoiding them.

I can understand leaving Halberd as a counter to an extent, but Siege and Mansion being counterpick honestly doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: The list you just posted isn't your most recent one. The most recent one is on post 22947, and goes like this:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Banned Stages:
Bridge of Eldin
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue

EDIT2: Also, those rainbow smileys (copyright QDVS) really helped me find the previous lists >_>

EDIT3: Or are you saying the post you made quoting the original list is your current list?

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, I read it and I also responded to your post. I didn't feel Siege/Mansion/Halberd all had the same attributes the rest of the 'neutral' stages had, which I feel is a consistently 'neutral' stage with no real interferences (Frigate being on the extreme of the spectrum). Siege's changes and parts with the walk off edges detract from what I feel to be completely neutral, having to deal with Mansion's cave of life/breaking the house down do as well, and Halberd's random (but easy) hazards are also unlike any other stage on the neutral list.

But if they prove themselves to be neutral then I'll happily add them to that list. The neutral list is fairly exclusive and I don't want people getting dicked on the first random stage round by the qualities I mentioned in those stages, while every other stage is generally completely neutral with little to no other interference.

Cort

Apple Head
for new page, thanks daz

Ugh the windmill sucks **** in Stadium

anyway, on to real discussion
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
:colorful:EVERYONE READ THIS OR I WILL MURDER YOU:colorful:
:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
The first ever Brawl doubles/Brawl singles ESTICLE will be on April 19th, the day after Jam's event. So I guess people out of state should stay for a nice 2 day brawlfest =D

I just need to figure out a rule set we can all agree on.

4 stock? 3 stock?

Stages: (discuss which you think should be moved where/any that should be changed from singles/doubles)

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Banned Stages:
Skyworld
Mario Circuit
Green Greens
Onett
Corneria
Castle Siege
Green Hill Zone
Bridge of Eldin
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Skyworld
If no one else has anything to say this will be the first stage list for ESTICLE on the 19th.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If possible, I'd like to push for the 3 stages I was promoting for Random to be used at Jam's tournament as a way of determining their Neutrality.

noodles

Smash Champion
i didnt say there was but i like the fact that it is banned on jams tourny (unless he decides to change it)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.>
I like it banned.
It just isn't a fun stage.
It doesn't even look cool.
The Leaves are buggy.
And eat all the projectiles.
-DD

_V_

Smash Ace
I will still be around...I don't know if I will play Brawl or not. I think it is boring. But I <3 you all so I will probably show up to tournaments anyway...and drag my favorite Asian with me :)

Cort

Apple Head
None of those are valid reasons for it to be banned.

I like the stage a lot, I like the way it looks, I like the music the trippy fish produce, I think the leaves are cool. And projectiles should die. =]

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
V!!! You should go to Esticle/Jam's tourny. I misses yous. :( <3

DD, you better have added me. :p
Noodles, thank you.
PoF, I'm adding you now.

Cort

Apple Head
Though I do agree with you, all of the hazards on Pictochat are immobile or extremely predictable (the wagon on the half pipe thing). You can work your ways around them and I don't see them that extremely random and that hazardous.

To be honest I'd ban it in a heart beat but I'd rather test it and let people try and adapt to this 'really not THAT bad' counterpick.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
my name is pink, yey.
KevinM is awesome.
i think we should have sex.
and cosplay.
at the same time.
then on seperate occasions.

at one point, when you're about to orgasm, you have to walljump knee first.
and then its going to hit me and jam at the same time.

kay? =]

noodles

Smash Champion
KAY? i would have to say nay

why dont you stay,kick back and play
i can teach you all day
time is not an essence
i can surely teach you a lesson....
HURRAY

how was that besides being completly random and not make sense (i was only focused on ryming)

Cort

Apple Head
Dear Tool (you know who you are),

I would first like to point out that your posts in this thread have been a minimal since the last time I addressed you (hoping for 0 after this one). I would most certainly play you in brawl, melee, hell i'll even hopscotch and tag money match if you think you're godly at them. I'd prefer it to not be over lag-fi, but if it has to be thats fine. I just hope you don't flood my inbox with tons of little love notes (seriously...one is enough, but if you wanna send gifts i like white chocolate and anything with jessica alba in it).

Also, spellcheck your love notes before you send them....your threats sound so much more intense when they are grammatically sound. But I mean since being an e-thug is your style. Here I go: I AM GONNA BEAT YOU IN BRAWL SO HARD YOUR GONNA START CLAIMING YOU ARE GODLY AT SMASH 64 ONLINE. CAPS LOCK FOR COOL CRUISE CONTROL. NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT BRAWL WHEN SMASH 64 ONLINE IS TRUE SMASH ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHARHARHAGHAGHASHGAHAHGHAGHAGHAG

Sincerely,
A non ******** poster with spellcheck

P.S. Prince of Fire this is for you if you haven't figured it out yet.
this is for the next page

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Spawn GG's I should have finished you off on a few of those 1 stocks but I can't close I guess lol
I'm out to the bars wooo! Everyone else have a safe night and a happy St. Patrick's day!

noodles

Smash Champion
are you talking about One? off of ...And Justice For All. And from GH3?
and the "super crazy" part, you mean the solo?
ROFL
:D
i tried learning that, and i forgot most of it :[
yea i reffered u to that cuz my friends father learned to play that song (except for the super crazy part) because of GH3.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
PoF, ggs. You have mad lag though... get that fixed. :p

DrSuper, you're pretty good. Good games. We should play again sometime. Luigi is gay, haha.

DD- 1-1. Lucario is pretty good. You gotta stop being so predictable (at the end of the 2nd match I just waited for you to roll into me and upsmash you... but I kept missing because I don't know Lucario's roll distance too well since you're the first I've played). We'll setter this later! :)

PC, (even though you don't play online?) Cogsmooch and Papito, please register me!

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Alright, I just got off the phone with Jam and we decided on this as the definitive list for the Player's Brawl aka Jam's Tourney.

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

Mario Circuit
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Banned:

Bridge of Eldin
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue

Cort

Apple Head
Those look good I suppose, but I'd be even more lenient with the banned stages if Jam didn't mind. Some of the banned stages are somewhat iffy ~_~

Top Bottom