• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Can we all just agree that Dragonball was 10 times better than Dragon Ball Z? And that the Frieza saga was the best of Dragonball Z? Most of these kids today prolly werent old enough for Frieza.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
oops i woke up too late for round 2 of gamestop brawl tourney LOL. were any of you guys going to the wesport CT one anyway? if so u better not let some random win :D

Cort

Apple Head
So yeah... next ESTICLE dates, anyone? If you guys want one, post dates. Now.

Also, both singles would be stupid. Doubles is always way funner than singles. I like the idea of Brawl doubles/Melee singles because Brawl singles are boring as ****.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oovideogamegodoo (3:13:24 PM): brawl singles are fun
oovideogamegodoo (3:13:48 PM): nothing to stop from massive CGs
oovideogamegodoo (3:13:56 PM): no outside forces besides tripping influencing the match
Cort 28633 (3:14:35 PM): no
Cort 28633 (3:14:44 PM): you're a ***got
oovideogamegodoo (3:14:48 PM): LOL
oovideogamegodoo (3:14:54 PM): chain grabbing is fun
Cort 28633 (3:15:24 PM): I want someone to chain grab you in real life, slam you down on the floor so hard you bounce back

Aesir

Smash Master
Cort brawl doubles/ melee singles.

It's just a better idea LOL Trust me okay? Good you trust me...>_> Now take the red pill.

Any date would really work for me, sometime in april would good. maybe Mid? if thats good for anyone? >_>

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
1) melee
2) brawl

that's what I'd rather have it be, but I find Melee teams way more fun than Brawl teams, you're in so much more control of what you can do, I dunno I enjoy it a lot. All I know is don't make it brawl teams and melee singles that's boring I don't really wanna come if it's that. Actually I don't even care that much but Scar's not going to want to go if it's that, at least I doubt it.

Cort

Apple Head
Scar hates Brawl so I doubt he'd want to go if there's Brawl singles instead of Melee singles. Brawl teams on the other hand is much more bearable and interesting.

You didn't really post what you wanted in initially but through my awesome reading comprehension I was able to figure it out.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I don't care what it is, I'd say Brawl singles just to attract more people haha, but meh.

DATES. *Checks calender.*

March 29th
April 5th
April 12th

EH??? Anyone busy on those days?

Cort

Apple Head
26th is also unavailable

wow guys way to read my old posts that actually concern this topic/isn't spam

So, 19th it is? Jam's tourny is the 18th and it's all Brawl, so...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Steve when are you coming back to CT? Then the next date that'd work would be...

April 19th since April 18th is when Jam might be having his free tournament. Personally, I think a free tournament following right after is mad cool. :D

Other reasons it'd be good:
-Maybe more of a chance for NJ to want to come down (zomg 2 day event).
-April vacation for high school kids... dunno what's going on for you college kids

Also, I think it should be Melee singles and doubles, then have a voting section for a side tourny of Brawl singles/doubles.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I like Spawn's idea of two tournaments right by each other =x! We should see how the OOS kids feel about that!

Though, I don't like the idea about having both Melee singles and doubles XP. It's not happenin' XD.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
v.v I have to miss Jam's SmashJam.
=D I can probably go to Esticle, but I'll probably lose first round after all this Brawl playing.
Mewtwo ftw!
I support the idea of Brawl Singles, because they don't take THAT long. Couldn't be any longer than Jigglypuff dittos ;o.

Dittos would be fun though.

Only real problem is the number of Wiis needed, I suppose, but then again, the system thing is never a huge issue.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Nooo! I can't make it on the 18th for Jam's, not would I be able to go to an esticle on the 19th.

Since the 5th, 12th, and 26th are also out, I'm not sure when I would suggest it besides sometime in May (which I may not be able to make any of those dates anyway; May 17 = graduation). It looks like the 19th will be a good date though. I'll be NY that weekend, so good luck if that's the date!

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I like the whole Jam's tourney right before esticle. I lurves me some 2 day events. I'd obviously need housing, but I'm sure someone could give some love to maine.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Flat out i want to see what happens inb rawl, how people do, and such.

I really thing we should do a brawl/brawl
sure next esticle throw some melee in there
but may as well test this game out eh? give it a chance lol

late april works for me i guess

i gotta do fuxing 3 week vacation for someone, but i think ill have saturday off all 3 weeks, so late april going into may is ideal, mid april works too, early april is bad Keekeke

also running 2 events side by side would be hell
it would be confusing , slow things down, and potentially neglect people from doing 1 or the other, making numbers of each pitiful
your call though, less brawl competition for me :3

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Flat out i want to see what happens inb rawl, how people do, and such.

I really thing we should do a brawl/brawl
sure next esticle throw some melee in there
but may as well test this game out eh? give it a chance lol

late april works for me i guess

i gotta do fuxing 3 week vacation for someone, but i think ill have saturday off all 3 weeks, so late april going into may is ideal, mid april works too, early april is bad Keekeke

also running 2 events side by side would be hell
it would be confusing , slow things down, and potentially neglect people from doing 1 or the other, making numbers of each pitiful
your call though, less brawl competition for me :3

Edit: I would gladly house maine :3

*edit* wow i fail, i double post edited.. i wish i could delete my own posts.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Even though my opinion doesn't matter, I think it should be Brawl/Brawl and melee if there is time.
We all need to put melee behind us. I personally microwaved my copy. Then ate it with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.

Cort

Apple Head
I guess I wouldn't mind Brawl/Brawl

But I'd like to see some M2K/PC action in a non-dumbed down non-shallow game.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
I think I came up with a perfect analogy. Brawl is like playing volleyball with a beach ball. Its slower, floatier, and my little sister can actually compete.

Aesir

Smash Master
Even though my opinion doesn't matter, I think it should be Brawl/Brawl and melee if there is time.
We all need to put melee behind us. I personally microwaved my copy. Then ate it with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.
why do we have to put melee behind us? Not everyone likes to play dumbed down and shallow games....>_>

I know you're probably trying to be funny, but it kind of failed and was kind of annoying.

After reading Jakes post he has a point, cause this game really should be tested out, so we can actually decide if this game is actually going to amount to anything and finally put **** to rest.

Then again if it's 100% brawl I doubt m2k will be able to go cause scar hates brawl.

Top Bottom