• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I personally believe that debating what is or is not in brawl to be fun, but nothing we should get too hyped up about...as far as characters go there will be amazing characters left out that we will all be upset about (just hoping waluigi makes it!), and as for techniques whatever they decide to take out is their decision.

I have resigned myself to the fact that all of the "advanced techniques" we have found and learned are just exploits in the game that will or will not be corrected (l canceling was kept in since 64), but new techniques that are added will just give rise to people finding the new exploits and creating the new level of competitive play...just because at the competitive level will not be the same as melee, does not mean that it will be worse...melee was a lot different from the original after all.

I look forward to the first few months where everyone is finding stuff out, especially after seeing how fast and wide the smash community has grown with melee and how fast word travels.

Until then....lets keep debating...just cause it helps us pass the time...not to whine about how the game is not going to reach our standards.

p.s. Cort is right most characters don't really need wavedashes it just makes things a bit simpler.

- Let me reintroduce myself...I'm Jose and I'm a student at Wesleyan...i'm also friends with Hazy and Rep. =)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
jose lies, i hate that kid.
j/k

but more importantly, i forgot what "/b/" means. maybe it's for the better that i forget everything related to 4chan in any way, but i am curious.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
/b/ is script terms for "random" in most computer games if you typed /b you would random a number...in b4 rules one and two

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Samus Aran (サムス・アラン, Samusu Aran?), is the fictional protagonist of the Metroid video game series. Introduced in the 1986 video game Metroid, Samus is a bounty hunter armed with a cybernetic power suit with a number of advanced technologies built into it. One of the few and earliest female video game protagonists, she hunts aliens called the "Space Pirates" and energy-draining alien parasites called "Metroids," while attempting to complete missions given by the Galactic Federation. Samus is voiced in Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption by Jennifer Hale, but only for incidental sounds (such as cries of pain, grunts and death screams).

Her gender was unusual for a game protagonist of her time; Metroid led players to believe Samus was a male cyborg (including references to the character as male in the English instruction booklet) until the very end of the game, where it was revealed that Samus is in fact an athletic young woman. Although Samus wears the Power Suit throughout most of the Metroid series, it has become a tradition to depict her in much more revealing attire at the end of each game, often as a reward for satisfying certain conditions (such as completing the game quickly or with a high percentage of the game’s items collected). Samus is considered the first playable female character in a Nintendo game.

Samus' creation is usually credited to Metroid producer Gunpei Yokoi, but the original game concepts were done by game director Makoto Kanoh. She was designed by Hiroji Kiyotake.!

Samus' main distinguishing feature is her Power Suit, a modular suit of armor created for her by a fictional race called the Chozo. The Power Suit's main purpose is to protect her from adverse environments (including the vacuum of space) and enemy fire. During gameplay, the suit can be upgraded to various other forms for added protection. She can also receive various power-ups which augment her abilities, including Space Jump boots, energy tanks, the Screw Attack, and numerous modifications to her weapons. In Metroid Fusion, parts of her infected Power Suit are removed and she fights with what is left, commonly known as the Fusion Suit.
Samus' gunship in Super Metroid
Samus' gunship in Super Metroid

For transportation, Samus uses her distinctive gunship, which resembles her helmet. She has had several gunships throughout the series, one of which has been described as a custom Hunter-class starship made especially for her by the Galactic Federation. The first appearance of Samus' gunship was in Metroid II: Return of Samus, and the differences in the gunship's design, with very few exceptions, have been cosmetic in nature. The ship's most common incarnation is seen in Metroid II, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, as well as making various cameos in non-Metroid games.

The gunship serves the player primarily as a save point and a place to recharge energy and ammunition stores. It is often used as a goal for escaping during the many "self-destruct countdown" sequences in the series. In some games in the series, it is destroyed or damaged through the course of the story. Within the last chronological game, Metroid Fusion, the ship is replaced by another ship containing an A.I. which acts as Samus' commanding officer. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the gunship not only features a new design, but it also plays a key role in Samus' mission. Controlled by Samus' command visor, it is used to travel to various locations in the game and, after being upgraded, can shoot missiles to destroy obstructions or to provide air support against enemies. The gunship can also lift and drop items using a grapple attained later in the game.
wow, that killed enough time for the update!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
omg, i'm really glad i don't sit around on ED all day pretending like i'm cooler than the 4chan people. i have a life! (i don't, and also, dumbest argument ever)...and truly i am very sad that i don't sit around on ED all day because they ARE way cooler than 4chan X(

still, real life>internet phenomenons.
and in real life, i get my ddr mats and cell phone charger tomorrow, i get real food, get to hang wif budai and some other cool peeps, AND get to play smash. what a beautiful day it will be, once i finally have the courage to sleep.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know you can do the HTML colors on the SWFs.

[color="[COLOR="Red"]#1F1F1F[/COLOR]"]I lose.[/color]
AHA, This makes me suspicious of all posts from now on, and goes one step above spoilerizing text in quote boxes. Congratulations. Hexadecimal for the win.

Look at all the post count I'm sacrificing cort.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah and? Ness was a secret char/wasnt in melee. Jigglypuff was a secret char in both games, as was Luigi.

What would be wrong with making regular chars secret again for Brawl? I think it would be poetic if all the original secret SSB chars were also secret chars in Brawl.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I immediately regretted this post.

I think 2+2=3 :(

My friends Alex and Mark are going to vernon tomorrow. Treat them nice and friendly, and have fun with them. Teach them things, don't just beat them a lot please.

Thanks everyone.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Huh, I didn't know BBT was a CT player. I remember seeing him in that large Items vs No Items debate thread.

Pokemon - What Kind of Pokemon Are You?

Top Bottom